ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 395 of 726
« First < 295345385391392393394395 396397398399405445495 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Conference re-alignment thread
Saulbadguy 07:57 AM 09-12-2011
The old one has AIDS.

Anyways, Chip Brown from Orangebloods.com reports OU may apply to the Pac-12 by the end of the month.

Oklahoma will apply for membership to the Pac-12 before the end of the month, and Oklahoma State is expected to follow suit, a source close to OU's administration told Orangebloods.com.

Even though Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Friday the Pac-12 was not interested in expansion at this time, OU's board of regents is fed up with the instability in the Big 12, the source said.

The OU board of regents will meet within two weeks to formalize plans to apply for membership to the Pac-12, the source said.

Messages left Sunday night with OU athletic director Joe Castiglione and Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder were not immediately returned.

If OU follows through with what appears to be a unanimous sentiment on the seven-member Oklahoma board of regents to leave the Big 12, realignment in college athletics could be heating back up. OU's application would be matched by an application from Oklahoma State, the source said, even though OSU president Burns Hargis and mega-booster Boone Pickens both voiced their support for the Big 12 last Thursday.

There is differing sentiment about if the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors are ready to expand again after bringing in Colorado and Utah last year and landing $3 billion TV contracts from Fox and ESPN. Colorado president Bruce Benson told reporters last week CU would be opposed to any expansion that might bring about east and west divisions in the Pac-12.

Currently, there are north and south divisions in the Pac-12. If OU and OSU were to join, Larry Scott would have to get creative.

Scott's orginal plan last summer was to bring in Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and put them in an eastern division with Arizona and Arizona State. The old Pac-8 schools (USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State) were to be in the west division.

Colorado made the move in June 2010, but when Texas A&M was not on board to go west, the Big 12 came back together with the help of its television partners (ABC/ESPN and Fox).

If Oklahoma and Oklahoma State were accepted into the Pac-12, there would undoubtedly be a hope by Larry Scott that Texas would join the league. But Texas sources have indicated UT is determined to hang onto the Longhorn Network, which would not be permissible in the Pac-12 in its current form.

Texas sources continue to indicate to Orangebloods.com that if the Big 12 falls apart, the Longhorns would consider "all options."

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe held an emergency conference call 10 days ago with league presidents excluding Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M and asked the other league presidents to "work on Texas" because Beebe didn't think the Pac-12 would take Oklahoma without Texas.

Now, it appears OU is willing to take its chances with the Pac-12 with or without Texas.

There seemed to be a temporary pause in any possible shifting of the college athletics' landscape when Baylor led a charge to tie up Texas A&M's move to the Southeastern Conference in legal red tape. BU refused to waive its right to sue the SEC over A&M's departure from the Big 12, and the SEC said it would not admit Texas A&M until it had been cleared of any potential lawsuits.

Baylor, Kansas and Iowa State have indicated they will not waive their right to sue the SEC.

It's unclear if an application by OU to the Pac-12 would draw the same threats of litigation against the Pac-12 from those Big 12 schools.

Stay tuned.
[Reply]
Pants 01:55 PM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Present it.

Where have I tried to 'prove' anything, except in response to you fellas making sure to take a shot at Mizzou?

I'm going to continue to defend Mizzou and their decision. And yeah, when you guys can't present a reasoned argument in response to anything, I'm going to point out that your carping comes from little more than sour grapes.
Who is this "you guys"? KU fans are not Kevin Keitzman, man. Stewie and HHG are just two KU fans if that's who you're talking about.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:55 PM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by eazyb81:
Expecting close to 70,000. When's the last time that many came to watch the fightin snyders?
Really? Last I read about 5,000 tickets were still left. What's the excuse today....the long drive to Manhattan isn't available.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:55 PM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by Pants:
Dude, it's not a question in anyone's mind (the rational ones, anyway) that it's a good move for MU at this point.

There's really no reason for you to justify the move to rival fans to begin with.
I'm not referring to MU, but Missouri.

Folks are trying to call out Jay Nixon of all people at this point, saying that he's just hurt his state, and that's simply inaccurate.

As is most of this tripe.

Missouri fans do not care about the IIX tournament. They do not care about the IIX in general. I personally would like to continue playing KU but that's only because I have family members that are affiliated with both sides. Ultimately, I understand if KU doesn't and I'll live with it.

There is just straw man after straw man here and it's getting really annoying. I don't see the 'consensus' position of MU and its fans being terribly nebulous here and I think DN has summed it up well a couple of times:

"Dueces"

You guys are free to continue doing whatever it is you want to do as Universities and fan bases, but spare me the shots across MU's bow. Spare me the misinformation and claims that there's nothing personal to any of it. Its absolutely personal (and in probably should be).
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:57 PM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
Really? Last I read about 5,000 tickets were still left. What's the excuse today....the long drive to Manhattan isn't available.
That would be 66,000 people, peckerhead.

Or 'approaching 70,000'.

And as I've explained to you several times, GA seats almost always sell out on game day. We'll be very close to 70,000 before all is said and done and will likely outdistance any crowd you fellas play in front of this year, home or away.

I don't know why you continue this argument - you have absolutely no grounds for anything here.
[Reply]
eazyb81 01:57 PM 10-20-2011
Did you hear that on Tigerboard? I see you are spending quite a bit of time there.
[Reply]
HemiEd 01:57 PM 10-20-2011
Ok, I have been traveling for a week. Please help me here, are they gone yet?
[Reply]
Pants 01:59 PM 10-20-2011
I'm not referring to MU, but Missouri.

Folks are trying to call out Jay Nixon of all people at this point, saying that he's just hurt his state, and that's simply inaccurate.

As is most of this tripe.

Missouri fans do not care about the IIX tournament. They do not care about the IIX in general. I personally would like to continue playing KU but that's only because I have family members that are affiliated with both sides. Ultimately, I understand if KU doesn't and I'll live with it.

There is just straw man after straw man here and it's getting really annoying. I don't see the 'consensus' position of MU and its fans being terribly nebulous here and I think DN has summed it up well a couple of times:

"Dueces"

You guys are free to continue doing whatever it is you want to do as Universities and fan bases, but spare me the shots across MU's bow. Spare me the misinformation and claims that there's nothing personal to any of it. Its absolutely personal (and in probably should be).
I'm sure it's personal for Kevin Keitzman and some KU fans on this board, sure.

And I agree with "deuces" man, except I've been saying "good luck, have fun."

I'm also here to remind you guys that you're an absolute beast of a mediocre program without any championships. That's just my job as a rival fan, though.
[Reply]
Saul Good 02:00 PM 10-20-2011
how are tickets selling for Saturday?
It was down to single seats available, then OSU turned in a bunch of tickets that they couldn't sell, so there are seats available. Supposedx to be nice weather, so there should be good walk-up traffic.

All told, probably about 70K will be in attendance.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:00 PM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by Pants:

Who is this "you guys"? KU fans are not Kevin Keitzman, man. Stewie and HHG are just two KU fans if that's who you're talking about.
I believe that would be the "In response to wickedson's douchery" I referenced.

"You fellas" being the collective group of K-State and KU fans that are just fallling over themselves to take cracks at MU.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:01 PM 10-20-2011
I'm going to Columbia this weekend but screw buying a ticket to sit on the grass hill. Thats what we did in high school or as an undergrad then head over to the student section. Not worth it now IMO.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:08 PM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by HemiEd:

No. KU still jealous. MU still superior, but they don't act like it so nobody is sure where that idea comes from.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:09 PM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
The deal is done!
To the 'ship!
Nick Saban bought a house in Olathe.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:10 PM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
No. KU still jealous. MU still superior, but they don't act like it so nobody is sure where that idea comes from.
Must be the same place where MU fans are getting the idea that K-State and KU fans are a bunch being a bunch of crybaby bitches over the whole thing.

But that's okay - stiff upper lip and all that jazz. Fight the good fight, Beakers.
[Reply]
HemiEd 02:14 PM 10-20-2011
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Cool, so nothing has changed :-)

Originally Posted by frazod:
The deal is done!
To the 'ship!
Nick Saban bought a house in Olathe.
:-) :-), let me know when he visits the Columbia Country Club. :-)
[Reply]
beer bacon 02:15 PM 10-20-2011
I have heard less than 2,000 available. That was a day ago. What is Ecocat's Stadium capacity again?
[Reply]
Page 395 of 726
« First < 295345385391392393394395 396397398399405445495 > Last »
Up