ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3930 of 4915
« First < 2930343038303880392039263927392839293930 39313932393339343940398040304430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:48 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Uh, might want to remove 2012, just a thought. :-)

:-)
Totally forgot about his suspension.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:51 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
1 Superbowl..lol...you should drop that one. Come up with something else. Payton is going to be more impactful than any handful of draft picks pick and you know it. Which is basically two second round picks. One of those picks we didn't even have 3 months ago. He's a draw coach, people want to work with him. This is a good thing.
He will be more impactful than draft picks. He will help Russ, but the problem here is that Russ is about to make huge money. Now that Rom Brady is done, Russ will be the 11th highest paid QB in terms of cap hit next season.

That’s not counting Derek Carr likely getting a new deal somewhere else.

Your QB now costs a ton of money. You only have $9 million in cap space on a team with 2 pro bowlers.

Let’s be honest here: your competition is us. You saw what we did with draft picks this year and how it’s helped ease our giant QB contract. In order to beat us you’ll need more talent and not having draft picks severely limits your ability to do that.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 09:54 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's a good hire. It's who I would have probably wanted if I were a Bronco fan.

Until/unless he gets a QB it won't matter. We saw what he did with and without Brees.
He went 9-8 after losing a franchise QB. That's very good. How did the Chiefs do after they lost their last franchise QB...in 1976.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:54 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yes. Very far in the past. And he's been a laughable underachiever since.
For a mighty coach, he sure has been boat races by his divisional foes. Cam owned him, the Falcons owned him for awhile and we all know Brady sent them packing.

He had a HOF QB for over a decade after his suspension and the best he ever did was 1 conference championship.

He’s basically Mike McCarthy
[Reply]
New World Order 09:56 AM 02-01-2023
I think it’s pretty obvious after watching Geno that Seattle with DK and Lockett and Carroll elevated the qb.

Denver just doesn’t have the talent offensively. Russ is old and broken down.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:03 AM 02-01-2023
There's also a very real chance the relationship between Russ and Payton immediately sours. Judging by what Payton has said publicly, he's almost assuredly putting an offensive system in place similar to what Pete Carroll did for Russ in Seattle. We all know how that story ended.

Will the ownership leave Payton alone if the results aren't to their liking after the first season? They initially pivoted off Payton because of his insistence on full organizational control while the ownership preferred the coach and GM working as equals and reporting to them. If there's not immediate gratification I could see them trying to restructure the organization and Payton taking his ball and going home in response. He's already done it once before.
[Reply]
O.city 10:09 AM 02-01-2023
He went 9-8 after losing a franchise QB. That's very good. How did the Chiefs do after they lost their last franchise QB...in 1976.
I dunno man, I can't remember. Too much of my brain power is thinking about how we're gonna stop the Eagles run game in the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
TEX 10:10 AM 02-01-2023
You guys are clowns. Payton in Denver is going to turn out like Phil Jackson in New York. Its nothong but a money grab by Payton. He was also a consolation prize for losing out on Ryans. Like Kyle Brandt said this morning, you guys got a Mike McCarthy clone, and washed up Russ is no Drew Brees. But believe what you want. Will make it so much sweater when you continue to suck ass.
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:15 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
You guys are clowns. Payton in Denver is going to turn out like Phil Jackson in New York. Its nothong but a money grab by Payton. He was also a consolation prize for losing out on Ryans. Like Kyle Brandt said this morning, you guys got a Mike McCarthy clone, and washed up Russ is no Drew Brees. But believe what you want. Will make it so much sweater when you continue to suck ass.
If you had to get inside Payton's head, how many years do you think it will take to compete with Mahomes? By the time they can assemble the talent to compete (in light of all the traded draft picks), they will have to find a new QB. Hit, or (mostly) miss proposition. Definitely not the Salad Days in Denver.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:19 AM 02-01-2023
I dunno man, I can't remember. Too much of my brain power is thinking about how we're gonna stop the Eagles run game in the Super Bowl.
Pro tip. Stop worrying about how KC is going to gameplan. you aren't involved so waste of energy. :-)
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 10:23 AM 02-01-2023
You are not gonna stop it. The key to the game is who can beat the Fangio Cover 6 defense the best. The Chiefs do it well with the 1-4 splits and the Eagles do it well with 2-2 splits and 11 personnel. It's going to be a great game.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 10:24 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
If you had to get inside Payton's head, how many years do you think it will take to compete with Mahomes? By the time they can assemble the talent to compete (in light of all the traded draft picks), they will have to find a new QB. Hit, or (mostly) miss proposition. Definitely not the Salad Days in Denver.
It's 3 years.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 10:25 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
And your handle is TEX..so...sorry, Boomer.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 10:34 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He will be more impactful than draft picks. He will help Russ, but the problem here is that Russ is about to make huge money. Now that Rom Brady is done, Russ will be the 11th highest paid QB in terms of cap hit next season.

That’s not counting Derek Carr likely getting a new deal somewhere else.

Your QB now costs a ton of money. You only have $9 million in cap space on a team with 2 pro bowlers.

Let’s be honest here: your competition is us. You saw what we did with draft picks this year and how it’s helped ease our giant QB contract. In order to beat us you’ll need more talent and not having draft picks severely limits your ability to do that.
Absolutely. The team to beat is the Chiefs. We might die out there. It happens, but we won't die from a lack of shooting back.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:52 AM 02-01-2023

Tom Brady was 9-9 against the Denver Broncos in his career, including 1-3 in the playoffs.

The Broncos will go down as the only AFC team that Brady did not have a winning record against AND the only AFC team he had a losing record against in the playoffs.

Congrats, Tom! https://t.co/oc5H3aq8GA

— RK (@RyanKoenigsberg) February 1, 2023

:-)
[Reply]
Page 3930 of 4915
« First < 2930343038303880392039263927392839293930 39313932393339343940398040304430 > Last »
Up