ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 139
« First < 293536373839 404142434989 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:52 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Okay, so what's the excuse for his time at Florida?
Oh he has attitude problems, I'm not trying to say he doesn't.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:53 PM 10-27-2022
The Chiefs have a pretty long history of doing well with red flag guys.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:54 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yep.

It's not about excusing Toney's behavior, it's about believing the Chiefs can reign that in and get production out of him.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:57 PM 10-27-2022
Hi, my name is Detoxing and im still fapping over this trade.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:59 PM 10-27-2022
I mean, the Chiefs haven't dealt with any on this level recently. Toney has something much worse than an "attitude problem". He has a questionable commitment to football.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:59 PM 10-27-2022
Ok yes.... And no..

TO BE COMPLETELY FAIR, Andy Reid has a history of working with red flag guys.

Chiefs History is a "parking lot" of bad issues tho.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:00 PM 10-27-2022
I mean, the Chiefs haven't dealt with any on this level recently. Toney has something much worse than an "attitude problem". He has a questionable commitment to football.
Do you think a change from Daniel Jones to Patrick Mahomes might light the fire a little bit, though? I fucking do.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:00 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Chiefs History is a "parking lot" of bad issues tho.

[Reply]
BWillie 03:01 PM 10-27-2022
That's kind of apples and oranges. Hill had one very bad incident, or was convinced to plead guilty to it, and was otherwise relatively fine.

Toney OTOH seems to at the very least idolize some of the not so great aspects of a rapper lifestyle. Carrying a loaded AK 15 around for "protection", conducting himself like a blood on the interwebz, and his quite frankly dogshit opinion on the Ruggs tragedy are a bit concerning. Not to mention the struggles he had on the field with the Giants. Missing practices, not putting in enough effort to learn, constant injuries, etc.

There is incredible upside here, but there's also a slew of reasons the Giants gave up on it just a year and a half into his career. Just hope Reid can tone him back to the point he's productive for us.
Very good take. This is a huge bust potential, but if he can somehow grow up he could be a #1 WR on THIS team and more. I just don't like what I'm hearing about him as a person. For every Antonio Browns, there are a hell of alot more busts. I haven't been able to read much about what the conditional 3rd round pick is. If this is for a 3rd and a 6th no matter what I kind of think its too big of a risk. If it would have just bern a 6th is obviously a HR. I just find a hard time believing this guy won't figure a way to alienate himself outta the league eventually.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:02 PM 10-27-2022
htismaqe 03:03 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Very good take. This is a huge bust potential, but if he can somehow grow up he could be a #1 WR on THIS team and more. I just don't like what I'm hearing about him as a person. For every Antonio Browns, there are a hell of alot more busts. I haven't been able to read much about what the conditional 3rd round pick is. If this is for a 3rd and a 6th no matter what I kind of think its too big of a risk. If just a 6th is obviously a HR. I just find a hard time believing this guy won't figure a way to alienate himself outta the league eventually.
It's not a conditional pick. It's a compensatory pick. In fact, it's one of the picks we got from Poles going to Chicago.

There's no downside here - we gave up a superfluous pick for a guy that's scheduled to make a little over $5M for the next 3 years.

It's all upside. If he balls out, we got him locked up for cheap. If he flames out, he'll be gone with almost no cap repercussions.

There's nothing not to like about this. He either becomes a piece of the puzzle or he doesn't and we move on.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:03 PM 10-27-2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:04 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Do you think a change from Daniel Jones to Patrick Mahomes might light the fire a little bit, though? I fucking do.
Honestly, no. He may be excited for the opportunity to play with Mahomes but will that carry over when it's time to hunker down and put in some actual work? I certainly hope so but wouldn't put any bets on it.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:05 PM 10-27-2022
Who? Hill doesn't count. His GF admitted she made shit up in college and the last thing.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:05 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's not a conditional pick. It's a compensatory pick. In fact, it's one of the picks we got from Poles going to Chicago.

There's no downside here - we gave up a superfluous pick for a guy that's scheduled to make a little over $5M for the next 3 years.

It's all upside. If he balls out, we got him locked up for cheap. If he flames out, he'll be gone with almost no cap repercussions.

There's nothing not to like about this. He either becomes a piece of the puzzle or he doesn't and we move on.
Said another way, if the Bills just made this trade, would you feel good about things?

I sure as hell wouldn't.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 139
« First < 293536373839 404142434989 > Last »
Up