ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 47
« First < 293536373839 40414243 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Chargers
Coochie liquor 11:12 AM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
So December 2017. Even that was a one score game entering the 4th quarter.

Before that, November 2015 was a blowout.

Meaning we haven't blown them out with Mahomes as QB.
So, we’re due!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:32 AM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Prob gonna be a tougher game than people realize, esp if their WR's are gonna play.

No JuJu may be an issue. He's been stepping up huge as of late. Not sure I have much confidence in MVS but I guess we'll see. Chargers always play the Chiefs close.

Don’t need Butker to miss any kicks this week.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:37 AM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Prob gonna be a tougher game than people realize, esp if their WR's are gonna play.

No JuJu may be an issue. He's been stepping up huge as of late. Not sure I have much confidence in MVS but I guess we'll see. Chargers always play the Chiefs close.
Even if Allen and/or Williams play they will be nothing close to 100%.

And the Chargers defense, specifically their defensive line is decimated with injuries.

The Chiefs should easily be able to score 30+ on them.

Can the Chargers keep up in a shootout even if their banged up WR’s play? Doubtful.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:42 AM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Even if Allen and/or Williams play they will be nothing close to 100%.

And the Chargers defense, specifically their defensive line is decimated with injuries.

The Chiefs should easily be able to score 30+ on them.

Can the Chargers keep up in a shootout even if their banged up WR’s play? Doubtful.
The key is KC should be able to score 30+. KC has blown out LV and Denver in the Mahomes era, never the Chargers. I think that if KC scores over 30, the Chargers will be close. I would love a soul crushing blowout of them, I just don’t know if they will.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:26 AM 11-18-2022
The Chargers run D is god awful, who knows if we'll actually run though.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:27 AM 11-18-2022
Can the OL play two good games consecutively?

I hate Williams/Allen, but the Chiefs defense is healthier than it's been all season. We'll see what this secondary is made of with the weapons the Chargers have.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:47 AM 11-18-2022
better dust off that gameplan andy cooked up in the offseason to beat cincy

The Chargers dropped 8 into coverage more than they had all season against the 49ers, iirc. Something to watch for in this weekends SNF game. Getting ready to deploy it against KC? https://t.co/PmdGXicJRG

— Daniel Harms�� (@InHarmsWay19) November 18, 2022

[Reply]
Best22 11:41 AM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
better dust off that gameplan andy cooked up in the offseason to beat cincy

The Jags did something similar on Noah Gray’s touchdown
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:22 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by Best22:
The Jags did something similar on Noah Gray’s touchdown
Josh Allen ended up on Gray and Gray just blew by him. :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 12:24 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Josh Allen ended up on Gray and Gray just blew by him. :-)
Not a good weekend for Josh Allens.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:58 PM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I will be beyond disappointed if the Chiefs can’t run the ball well this week.

It’s one thing if they choose not to, but we should be able to if we want to.

Haven’t they lost like 5 or 6 DL?
I generally don't mind our lack of commitment to the run game as long as we're efficient when we do run.

Only 15-20 called run plays at 4.5-5 YPC is better than 35 run plays at 4 YPC, IMO. Pat is just too good to not let him throw a bunch.

But, yeah, agreed. I will be really annoyed if we go out there and are consistently getting stuffed for 1-2 yard gains on early downs given the state of their roster.
[Reply]
O.city 10:50 AM 11-18-2022
Just hammer the run when these teams wanna drop 8. You know it's coming as the league swings the other way.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:15 AM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Just hammer the run when these teams wanna drop 8. You know it's coming as the league swings the other way.
Exactly. Put Toney in the backfield when they drop 8 and watch him feast! Which is what he should have done with Reek in the AFCCG when they dropped 8. That’s the best way to force the defense out of it.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:59 AM 11-18-2022
We've seen Andy pound the ball this season. 37 rushes at Tampa.

I expect the running game to perform against the JV Charger d tackles, but it could still turn into a night where Pacheco rushes only 10-11 times.

It's just hard to say with Andy. The guy ignored Jamall Charles repeatedly in favor of Alex Smith and scrubs at receiver.

With Mahomes and these new toys, it's going to be hard for him to call the more mundane rushing plays.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:03 AM 11-18-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
We've seen Andy pound the ball this season. 37 rushes at Tampa.

I expect the running game to perform against the JV Charger d tackles, but it could still turn into a night where Pacheco rushes only 10-11 times.

It's just hard to say with Andy. The guy ignored Jamall Charles repeatedly in favor of Alex Smith and scrubs at receiver.

With Mahomes and these new toys, it's going to be hard for him to call the more mundane rushing plays.
That’s why I look at what he should do vs what he probably will do. I think they could run on LA pretty easily, similar to how they did with Tampa.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 47
« First < 293536373839 40414243 > Last »
Up