View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 39 of 343
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
-King- 09:37 AM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I can imagine trading for Josh Allen in his fourth season, extending him with cap space from Brown's franchise tag money, and making Clark a rotational player. That's not a chess move I can't even imagine. It would be pretty unsurprising.

I'm just taking him at his word. He said that a Brown extension would allow them to make a big(ger) move at the DE position. There have been plenty of whispers about Jacksonville trading one of their young pass rushers.
He would get raped in a trade trading this late. The Jags also have Josh Allen for 2 more cheap years. Why would they trade him post draft?
[Reply]
O.city 10:26 AM 06-07-2022
I don't think any team is gonna trade a young player like that post draft. Maybe an aging vet like Quinn but not a young guy like that.

wouldn't make sense to do it post draft, you have no clue what picks you're gonna end up with.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:32 AM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
He would get raped in a trade trading this late. The Jags also have Josh Allen for 2 more cheap years. Why would they trade him post draft?
Allen gonna break the bank.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:15 AM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Allen gonna break the bank.
this is the theory, along with having other pass rushers in the mix. It's a new coaching regime, and there was a lot of talk they weren't going to pick up his fifth year option. I mean, this would basically be Frank Clark trade V2, so I'm not super into it. I'm just bringing it up, because there has been some smoke around it.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:22 PM 06-07-2022
I really liked Josh Allen the LB coming out of UK but he has not shown very much.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:46 PM 06-07-2022
In summary - Tuckdaddy, TEX, and King don't want to pay OBJ $22-23MM a year?

Thinks about that for a minute :-)

Pay that motherfucker right away!
[Reply]
poolboy 05:30 PM 06-07-2022
Veach is ready, Brown needs to quit stalling which isnt a bad strategy as the market may go up another 50 mill in the meantime
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:39 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

The strongest argument yet
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:01 PM 06-07-2022

Is Brown threatening to hold out with this comment? https://t.co/meFFuqSWD7

— Cody Tapp (@codybtapp) June 7, 2022

The rhetoric is heating up.
[Reply]
TEX 06:22 PM 06-07-2022

Pay that mother****er right away!
Echos from the peanut gallery, as usual...

Looks like the majority of the people here don't want to pay him either.
[Reply]
TEX 06:23 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The strongest argument yet
If so, it's way over your head.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:24 PM 06-07-2022
Full comment. Pretty clear insinuation he's holding out until he gets the deal he wants.

"Especially simply based off the things that have come into effect within our division, the type of defensive ends that have been brought in, the type of players and all of that type of stuff. It's not the year to go into the season with a backup left tackle. So, I'm very confident that the Kansas City Chiefs will get that done."
[Reply]
TEX 06-07-2022, 06:54 PM
This message has been deleted by TEX. Reason: Duplicate
TEX 06:59 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Full comment. Pretty clear insinuation he's holding out until he gets the deal he wants.

"Especially simply based off the things that have come into effect within our division, the type of defensive ends that have been brought in, the type of players and all of that type of stuff. It's not the year to go into the season with a backup left tackle. So, I'm very confident that the Kansas City Chiefs will get that done."
Appears so.... But he's the one who has slowed things down. Is he going to budge any so the, "Kansas City Chiefs can get that deal done?"

It's not like he could stop the speed rushers anyway. Amiwrong? :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:00 PM 06-07-2022

Pay that mother****er right away!
What the hell is this shit. Nobody wants to pay his sorry ass that. Veach doesn't and probably won't.
[Reply]
-King- 08:04 PM 06-07-2022

Again, what's the risk in letting him play out the tag? If he plays like a top 5 tackle, then he justifies his demand and we pay him. If not, we dodged a bullet in not paying him top 5 money this off season.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 343
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Up