ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 95
« First < 293536373839 404142434989 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2021-2022 NHL Thread ****
Bearcat 06:06 PM 07-21-2021

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:52 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Kuemper stuck his skates up at Perron when he hell on him.

I don't believe what Kadri did was intentional, similar to Barbashev's hit on Girard. Unfortunate.
I believe guys like Kadri and Bryan Marchment and Ulf Samuelsson and Tom Wilson sure have a lot of ‘unfortunate’ moments one their resume.

When you play like a complete asshole all the time, stuff like that’s gonna happen.

Intentional or not (and I believe there was absolutely intent there), it was reckless as fuck and the sort of thing that deserves a loud and yes, violent response.

They need to run that fucking guy every time he’s one the ice until he doesn’t wanna come over the boards anymore. If the league kicking his stupid ass out of the post-season last year wasn’t enough to stop him from knocking out guys out through, at BEST, out of control bullshit hockey, then it’s frontier justice time.

I hope they hurt him. He’s fucking earned it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:30 AM 05-23-2022
Just a hockey play.

[Reply]
DaFace 09:08 AM 05-23-2022
Kick him out of the league? Send him to the hospital? End his career? Threaten to assault him at his hotel?

(Not sure what the reasonable response is at this point.)
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:22 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Kick him out of the league? Send him to the hospital? End his career? Threaten to assault him at his hotel?

All of the above.

Sincerely, Classless Blues Fans
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:29 AM 05-23-2022
Hit him so hard you break his sternum.

Did he hit a brick wall at 65mph?

No doc, he was playing hockey, but there was no intent to injure!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:29 AM 05-23-2022

The reasonable response appears to be to offer a complete non-sequitur in the hopes folks will just forget that poor victim Nazem Kadri has made it through a single playoff run in the last 5 years without knocking someone out of the playoffs or being suspended.

Clearly just nothing he could do and a goalie venturing out of his crease and getting boarded is obviously demonstrative of that.

If only Blues fans...and Justin Faulk....and Jake DeBrusk...and Tommy Wingels...would just understand that loose pucks and not having position give you carte blanch to change directions into a goaltender who's clearly positioned in his crease. I mean what else can you do when you get pushed into the goalie? Er...I mean...when you're carving to the right of the goalie, see someone in front of you and then bury your right edge so you drive directly into said said goalie because a defenseman had the audacity to play defense.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:33 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Just a hockey play.

Goalie who leave the crease is fair game in my books but lucic did let up , Smith turning at the last second and Losing his balance, like he seems to do on every save made that look worse that it was.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:40 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The reasonable response appears to be to offer a complete non-sequitur in the hopes folks will just forget that poor victim Nazem Kadri has made it through a single playoff run in the last 5 years without knocking someone out of the playoffs or being suspended.

Clearly just nothing he could do and a goalie venturing out of his crease and getting boarded is obviously demonstrative of that.

If only Blues fans...and Justin Faulk....and Jake DeBrusk...and Tommy Wingels...would just understand that loose pucks and not having position give you carte blanch to change directions into a goaltender who's clearly positioned in his crease. I mean what else can you do when you get pushed into the goalie? Er...I mean...when you're carving to the right of the goalie, see someone in front of you and then bury your right edge so you drive directly into said said goalie because a defenseman had the audacity to play defense.
So...death threats then?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:41 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Goalie who leave the crease is fair game in my books but lucic did let up , Smith turning at the last second and Losing his balance, like he seems to do on every save made that look worse that it was.
I actually do agree with that for the most part - if you leave the crease to be a 3rd defenseman, then you're a 3rd defenseman.

That said, if Smith were a defenseman there instead of a goalie, that's probably still a boarding call. So I wouldn't have a problem with a boarding call there.

And Binnington leaves his crease all the time. Find anytime I've complained about Binnington getting run when he's behind the net playing the puck. I don't. I think it's a dangerous decision for a goalie to make and one of the very few ways for a team to deal with that offensively is to make that goalie reticent to leave the crease. Had he been hurt playing a dump in, it wouldn't have bothered me. Frankly I expected it for awhile.

But he wasn't. He was very obviously in his crease and Kadri, as his is custom, was playing out of control. And again, completely changed direction into him. But lets keep pretending like these guys don't know how to skate through contact in ways that DON'T involve leaving his feet and dead-legging into a goalies lap and through the back of the net.

Nazem Kadri - multiple time 30 goal scorer with the skill to be a point per game player, but evidently can't skate.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:42 AM 05-23-2022
So...death threats then?
I can turn over my cell records if you'd like.

I'd be content with a mere knee or wrist injury.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:50 AM 05-23-2022
So who do we think Kadri's going to try and injure tonight? I'm personally rooting for another goalie just to really fan the flames, but O'Reilly would be fun given the Avs connection. Rosen would bring some interesting irony since they both came over in the trade from Toronto and were involved in the play the other night, but he's not all that important to the series. Any other likely candidates?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:00 AM 05-23-2022
So who do we think Kadri's going to try and injure tonight? I'm personally rooting for another goalie just to really fan the flames, but O'Reilly would be fun given the Avs connection. Rosen would bring some interesting irony since they both came over in the trade from Toronto and were involved in the play the other night, but he's not all that important to the series. Any other likely candidates?
I'm sure if he injures someone else it will be just another unfortunate incident and we shouldn't consider his lengthy history of said accidents in expressing our disdain. And of course we should just give him every possible benefit of the doubt since he's just a really unlucky, unskilled player with the body control of a toddler.

That said, he's usually only good for 1 series ending injury or suspension per playoff run. So y'know - he may have hit his quota for the year. I guess we'll just have to wait until next year when he does it again and we get a new wave of apologies for him.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:06 AM 05-23-2022
Barbashev.... unless Kadri can defy physics two games in a row though and launch himself into one player while going after the puck in a different direction, all just to make it look like a hockey play..... I propose using defenseman depth and don't even worry about making it look good for the cameras, since people would just say it's intentional anyway.

Throw in Jack Johnson to destroy someone and still have a bit of depth for the rest of the playoffs.

After all, they may still need Kadri's skills in later rounds.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:10 AM 05-23-2022
Excuse making for Nazem Kadri: A tradition unlike any other...

"He was just trying to squeeze through there" as he raises his elbow into the side of Frazier's head.

I mean you'd think in 10 years in the league he'd have figured out how to stop 'accidentally' taking out goalies.

Just a hockey play, right? I'm sure there was nothing he could do. He was just playing the puck and the goalie happened to be in the crease!

One of the dirtiest players in the league who flat out fucking lied when asked about what happened post-game and yeah, we should totally take him at his word. Nothing he could do about it. Happens all the time.

Sure seems to happen with him a lot, though...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:14 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Barbashev.... unless Kadri can defy physics two games in a row though and launch himself into one player while going after the puck in a different direction, all just to make it look like a hockey play..... I propose using defenseman depth and don't even worry about making it look good for the cameras, since people would just say it's intentional anyway.

Throw in Jack Johnson to destroy someone and still have a bit of depth for the rest of the playoffs.

After all, they may still need Kadri's skills in later rounds.
Funny what happens when you change direction INTO the goalie and then claim you were pushed. Weird that Rosen was able to get stopped with ease.

It's almost like he didn't figure anyone would call him on his bullshit.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 95
« First < 293536373839 404142434989 > Last »
Up