ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 240
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:28 AM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Did you also watch Ben Roethlisberger and Carson Palmer get their shit pushed in? Russell Wilson the week before? Where you there when the Chiefs handed Tom Brady his ass?

I'm not convinced Andy's system isn't working. When he's needed to throttle it up a bit, the offense has been there. But right now I think he's trying to keep things basic while he waits for his interior line to gel. 2 starters are out and Morse just isn't playing well. We've faced 2 of the top 5 DLs in football over the last two weeks and if you'll recall Reid was fairly aggressive most of the game in Houston only to get wrecked.

He's actively trying to win ugly right now, IMO. But the same system that you're claiming doesn't work managed a mid-pack offense with Travis Kelce (as a 'rookie'), Dwyane Bowe and some odd combination of Donnie Avery, Albert Wilson, DAT and Junior Hemingway as the WRs. I watched most of that season in absolute awe. Reid was able to simple create space; it was really amazing. There wasn't any talent out there but Reid was finding ways to create throwing lanes and at least a little room to work with.

You don't just forget how to coach and Reid's system is actually en vogue right now; teams are all moving towards the dink/dunk stuff more and more.

But again, I'll concede that it's just not wise to have your head coach calling plays. It's hard to do when there's so much going on. But even if he's not doing it, he's going to have a like-minded guy doing it for him. Things aren't going to change that much.
I agree. The offense looked very good in preseason against 2 elite defenses. Even if it's vanilla, we were vanilla too and it developed a rhythm. I was sure it would carry over into the regular season, but it sure didn't.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but right now Bob Sutton and his staff is coaching one hell of a defense. I'm not sure if this will keep up, but it's really showing.
Adjusting to allow only 6 points in the 2nd half of SD, adjusting after 2 bad drives in Houston and then a dominant defensive performance in last week. I pray to god this keeps up bc the pessimist in me is thinking it's a mirage.

Either way, if the offense starts scoring points in addition to the continued ascension of the defense, we are a playoff team even without Houston and a SB contender with him.

But hey, that's just wishful thinking. I'm hoping Andy corrects the issues and gets this offense rolling bc there really is some very good talent there.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 10:46 AM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by OctoberFart:
Reid isn't a very good head coach though.
Andy Reid Regular Season: 163-111-1
Andy Reid Post Season: 11-11

Jack Del Rio Regular season: 76-81
Jack Del Rio Post Season: 1-2

Yeah I'll take my chances with Andy
[Reply]
CupidStunt 02:34 PM 09-27-2016
This thread is pure aids. DJ spelled it out crystal clear before. Not many teams could list this many things as needing fixing before their head coach:

- QB
- OL
- Receivers
- DL
- LBs
- probably secondary, unless every young guy develops well
- defensive coordinator

The only things I'd consider more stable and beneficial to the Chiefs in general are Clark Hunt, who's proven for years now that he's willing to do anything and everything to win, and the running backs, who are just generally beasts and have been for years no matter who's back there. Apart from that, I'd look at upgrading literally anything else before Reid.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:06 PM 09-27-2016
Side discussion that's less stupid than "does Andy Reid suck"....

This comes from McDaniels idiot desire to bring in a Belichick creation - Matt Cassel. So let's say McDaniels goes somewhere; you gotta figure that Garoppolo is his target, yes?

So Garoppolo is a FA after next season. I wouldn't think Brady's looking to retire next year but at the same time, I think BB would be pretty happy to have Garoppolo as the next in line. Can they make that work?

Garoppolo, if he were to hit FA, would get a pretty damn nice payday, I would think. He's not going to pass on that just so he can take the keys if/when Brady decides to hang them up. Would NE be willing to pay a backup $12 million/season? Hell, would they franchise him? I mean even if NE is willing to pay him starter's money, you would think he'd rather go somewhere where he could actually start, meaning that they'd need to tag him to keep him.

Will Kraft just offer to pay Brady a $30 million retirement 'bonus' if he'll cut his salary down to $1 million/season for the next 3 seasons and then spend the 'found' money on hanging the tag on Garopollo. [/hootie]

It's going to be an interesting thing to watch. I think the Pats would love to have Garopollo there long-term but the timing may not work out worth a damn for them. And if it turns out that Brady wants to play 3 more years after this one, shouldn't they look to move Garopollo for a pick they could use on the next replacement for Brady?

And then again, it's possible Garopollo ain't shit and we're getting way ahead of ourselves...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:14 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
We were up literally the entire game. You think he's going to show a bunch of non-vanilla offensive formations and routes to the Steelers coaches to break down? He called a bunch of boring plays to keep the chains moving and the clock running. It really isn't much more complicated than that.
I agree. It seems that once Andy gets a lead, he starts going very vanilla because he's afraid to "show" something that they've been practicing and holding back for the right time.

Sometimes, it's frustrating but it's also completely understandable.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 03:19 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:

:-) An old Raiders troll smacked on the nose by a n00b. Priceless.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:21 PM 09-27-2016
And if it turns out that Brady wants to play 3 more years after this one, shouldn't they look to move Garopollo for a pick they could use on the next replacement for Brady?

And then again, it's possible Garopollo ain't shit and we're getting way ahead of ourselves...
Brady has said that he wants to play until he's 45, which leaves the question as "Will it be for the Patriots?".

Considering the utter dearth of starting NFL QB's, Belichick will be able to get at least a #1 and #4 for Garopollo this offseason.

The Jets, Cleveland, Washington, Chicago, San Fran and Arizona will all likely be looking for a starter in 2017.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:31 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Brady has said that he wants to play until he's 45, which leaves the question as "Will it be for the Patriots?".

Considering the utter dearth of starting NFL QB's, Belichick will be able to get at least a #1 and #4 for Garopollo this offseason.

The Jets, Cleveland, Washington, Chicago, San Fran and Arizona will all likely be looking for a starter in 2017.
Yeah but the problem BB faces in getting a #1 is the cost certainty. If you're Cleveland, Washington or Chicago, you're probably thinking you're in a nice spot to use that #1 on a rookie who doesn't have that much less tape than Garopollo but also comes with that nice cheap rookie contract (whereas JG will be due big time money almost immediately).

So I wouldn't imagine that anyone inside the top 10 is going to be eager to give up a 1st. Now the Cardinals might. Maybe the Jets. If you're a team drafting in the teens/20s and think he can hit the ground running and you won't be getting the QB you want with that pick anyway, you might make the move.

And then again some teams just aren't actively trying to compete, regardless of what they say.

He might still get that #1 and I expect that's ultimately the route they'll go. But the guy just won with Jacoby Brissett at QB....maybe Garopollo is just another BB creation.
[Reply]
OctoberFart 03:47 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:

Both mediocre coaches. You won't find me calling Jackie great. He does know when to run the 4 min offense vs 2 min offense though.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:54 PM 09-27-2016
But the guy just won with Jacoby Brissett at QB....maybe Garopollo is just another BB creation.
That certainly could be the case but considering the Vikings gave up a #1 and a Conditional #4 for Sam Bradford (whose team is 3-0), I think someone will give up at least a #1 for Garapollo.

Arizona makes the most sense, as the Cardinals won't likely be in a position to draft a highly rated QB and Arians is a "Plug & Play" kind of coach.

Hell, they'd probably be better this year with Garapollo, as Palmer looks done.

Wouldn't it be something if Garapollo was traded to Arizona before this season's trade deadline?
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 03:57 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by OctoberFart:
Both mediocre coaches. You won't find me calling Jackie great. He does know when to run the 4 min offense vs 2 min offense though.
Among coaches with 50 wins Andy Reid has the 24th best winning percentage all time. If that's mediocre then I'll take mediocre all day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_with_50_wins
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:57 PM 09-27-2016
Jack hasn't had a winning season in like a decade that's just a tad shorter than the Raiders 14 year playoff drought.
[Reply]
O.city 04:02 PM 09-27-2016
Yeah but the problem BB faces in getting a #1 is the cost certainty. If you're Cleveland, Washington or Chicago, you're probably thinking you're in a nice spot to use that #1 on a rookie who doesn't have that much less tape than Garopollo but also comes with that nice cheap rookie contract (whereas JG will be due big time money almost immediately).

So I wouldn't imagine that anyone inside the top 10 is going to be eager to give up a 1st. Now the Cardinals might. Maybe the Jets. If you're a team drafting in the teens/20s and think he can hit the ground running and you won't be getting the QB you want with that pick anyway, you might make the move.

And then again some teams just aren't actively trying to compete, regardless of what they say.

He might still get that #1 and I expect that's ultimately the route they'll go. But the guy just won with Jacoby Brissett at QB....maybe Garopollo is just another BB creation.
It's sacreligous, but why not trade or let brady walk?

I mean, the guy can't play forever and you've developed Garopollo for the long haul.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:06 PM 09-27-2016
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's sacreligous, but why not trade or let brady walk?

I mean, the guy can't play forever and you've developed Garopollo for the long haul.
The Patriots would take a $13 million dollar cap hit this year and a $12 million dollar cap hit (dead space) next year. I don't think that's an option.

Plus, I can't see Robert Kraft signing off on such a deal.
[Reply]
O.city 04:06 PM 09-27-2016
Belicheck changes philosophy game by game. It's awesome to watch.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 240
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Up