ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 432
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 03:49 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The question reeruns never answer though is how many NCs Kansas is "supposed to" have.

Since Self was hired...

UConn - 3
UNC - 3
Duke - 2
Villanova - 2
Kentucky - 1

So... 1 more over 2 decades would tie Self at the top. Are we saying KU is o much more talented than the field, they should have more than 3?
Now do a matrix where you show how many times number one seeds have been beaten by so called mid majors early in the tournament. 64/32 and 16 rounds over 20 years should suffice.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 03:52 PM 11-03-2022
The question reeruns never answer though is how many NCs Kansas is "supposed to" have.

Since Self was hired...

UConn - 3
UNC - 3
Duke - 2
Villanova - 2
Kentucky - 1

So... 1 more over 2 decades would tie Self at the top. Are we saying KU is o much more talented than the field, they should have more than 3?
With all those Big 12 titles the answer is yes, more than 3.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 03:56 PM 11-03-2022
Did Wichita St. even make the tournament?

[Reply]
Bearcat 03:58 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
Now do a matrix where you show how many times number one seeds have been beaten by so called mid majors early in the tournament. 64/32 and 16 rounds over 20 years should suffice.
So in this scenario, are we ignoring when other blue bloods don't even make the tournament?

I dunno, I'm pretty damn happy as a KU BB fan.. it's always funny to read when people who aren't fans demand a rival team to be more successful. :-)

(OK, well, not a rival... redheaded stepchild)
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 04:00 PM 11-03-2022
So in this scenario, are we ignoring when other blue bloods don't even make the tournament?

I dunno, I'm pretty damn happy as a KU BB fan.. it's always funny to read when people who aren't fans demand a rival team to be more successful. :-)
Rival? who's a rival? :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:00 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Rival? who's a rival? :-)
Yeah, wasn't thinking WSU in particular (who does, really), but edited.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 04:05 PM 11-03-2022
If the internet is to be believed the head to head record for KU and WSU is

KU 12 wins
WSU 3 wins

There is a strain of Shocker Fan that believes those numbers are reversed, and that any national recognition that Kansas gets is undeserved and has come at WSU's expense. The system is unfair and has kept them from getting their richly deserved glory. Refs, back door deals, recruiting shenanigans are all to blame for this travesty of undeserved honor for KU. Nothing can be said to these zealots that will convince them that their vision is skewed, it only increases their hue and cry. Cheaters! Connivers! Even KU success is held against them - "If they are so good, why aren't they even better?"
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:14 PM 11-03-2022
Geeezzz lots of visitors in here talking trash. Self didn’t do anything other coaches weren’t doing too. The NCAA are a bunch of hypocrites. It’s a joke. Tell me or show me anyone who thinks the NCAA actually care about the students?
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 04:15 PM 11-03-2022

(OK, well, not a rival... redheaded stepchild)
Ok, fair be happy with it. KU basketball is elite. But as long as we are trading snide comments let me state WSU basketball has earned a solid national rep over the past 15 years and KU Football is still a novelty nationally and the butt of many jokes in the Big 12 … especially in Texas. Facts.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 04:18 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
If the internet is to be believed the head to head record for KU and WSU is

KU 12 wins
WSU 3 wins

There is a strain of Shocker Fan that believes those numbers are reversed, and that any national recognition that Kansas gets is undeserved and has come at WSU's expense. The system is unfair and has kept them from getting their richly deserved glory. Refs, back door deals, recruiting shenanigans are all to blame for this travesty of undeserved honor for KU. Nothing can be said to these zealots that will convince them that their vision is skewed, it only increases their hue and cry. Cheaters! Connivers! Even KU success is held against them - "If they are so good, why aren't they even better?"
No one I know believes this. You conflate.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 04:23 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Geeezzz lots of visitors in here talking trash. Self didn’t do anything other coaches weren’t doing too. The NCAA are a bunch of hypocrites. It’s a joke. Tell me or show me anyone who thinks the NCAA actually care about the students?
KU has punished itself… lol, you act as if that hasn’t been all over ESPN the past 24 hours. That’s not trash talk that’s admission… by KU.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:33 PM 11-03-2022
KU won the championship
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:35 PM 11-03-2022
KU has put itself on double secret probation. It’s running as a scroll on national television. WSU, other schools? I don’t see anyone else doing this. It’s an admission of guilt. Self is a cheater, he admits it.

I don’t get this deity worship some parts of KU’s base has with Self. He’s under performed over time based on talent. Now if you want to say the Big 12 isn’t as good as everyone says it has been historically that’s another conversation all together. KU fan can’t have it both ways. So which is it?
It's not necessarily an admission of guilt. It's a negotiation to avoid the risk of a worse punishment. This is a pretty minor punishment, especially compared to what some were speculating.

Tarkanian said “The NCAA was so mad at Kentucky they gave Cleveland State two more years of probation.” What's that mean to you? Judging a program by the number or severity of punishments is pretty silly. We all know there's absolutely no consistency or fairness applied by the NCAA. IARP, who knows.

I don't know what point you're making about the Big 12. Are you saying that winning a lot of Big 12 titles should translate to winning the national title every other year?

KU fans have bitched plenty about Self's early tourney losses. But it's like people like you only pay attention to KU. Calipari just lost to a 15 seed. K lost to a 15 seed and a 14. Izzo lost to a 15 a few years ago. Roy used to bow out early all the time. Jay Wright used to lose in the 2nd round every year as a 1. I mean....who are we comparing Self to?
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 04:35 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
KU won the championship
Yes they did and Self is a cheat. Both are true.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:38 PM 11-03-2022
Yes they did and ChiefaRoo is a fag. Both are true.
I agree!
[Reply]
Page 39 of 432
« First < 293536373839 404142434989139 > Last »
Up