ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 39 of 72
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Hall of Classics>WTF is with Mahomes?
petegz28 12:36 PM 10-17-2021
Since the Super Bowl the dude has not looked right. Now he is just flat playing with his head in his ass.

I think he needs to get over himself a bit. He has 2 critical INT's this season that are 100% his fault that he had 0% reason to every try and it cost us points, 1 game and maybe 2.
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:09 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I’ll reserve judgement until the season is over, but if he continues the downward slide it might be time to draft some legit competition for him next spring. Just to push him if nothing else.
:-)

JFC

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
stumppy 09:34 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
an above average day for Alex
Bullshit, that wasn't even an Alex Smith avg. game.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:44 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
He isn't going to stop being aggressive as Childress story clearly points out. He see's the field different than Alex did and he is going to go for the long shots. Previous seasons it worked out just fine, this season not so much. You take the good with the bad with Mahomes. I am ok with it.
That's the thing though. Teams have taken away the long ball. If he continues to try it bad things will happen. He needs to take the short and intermediate throws until the defense does a better job of respecting that. Not saying he should go full Alex, but he need to pick his spots when going long, especially when your options are a HOF TE that is open underneath or a double covered #2 WR who is failing to live up to expectations. If that were Tyreek, that's one thing and another if it's Hardman.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:03 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
That's the thing though. Teams have taken away the long ball. If he continues to try it bad things will happen. He needs to take the short and intermediate throws until the defense does a better job of respecting that. Not saying he should go full Alex, but he need to pick his spots when going long, especially when your options are a HOF TE that is open underneath or a double covered #2 WR who is failing to live up to expectations. If that were Tyreek, that's one thing and another if it's Hardman.
This comes back to Andy Reid.
There aren't many Intermediate routes being run, and that part of the field has been open.
[Reply]
notorious 10:05 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I’ll reserve judgement until the season is over, but if he continues the downward slide it might be time to draft some legit competition for him next spring. Just to push him if nothing else.
Come on Deberg, I expect more nuance to your craft.

Mahomes isn't the only great that slumping in his game right now.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:12 AM 11-08-2021
I thought Mahomes' pocket presence was better yesterday. He looked pretty damn poised in a lot of his drop backs. There wasn't much scrambling around. He had good protection most of the night too. IIRC he wasn't hit often and his jersey remained clean most of the night.

Obviously he overthrew a couple of those deeps balls but fuck, are some of you understanding that he's trying to lead his receivers against deep safety play? That's fucking hard, dudes.

Mahomes didn't have statistically his best game and yeah he almost threw a pick 6 on the comeback to Tyreek, but there was a lot of good in that game in terms of Mahomes play.

He finished the game with a magic Mahomes play to ice it and take home the W. It's sucks that i have to point that out to Chiefs fans.

The score doesn't show it, but i think some positive steps forward were made last night in terms of Mahomes getting back to being himself.
[Reply]
FlorentinePogen 10:56 AM 11-08-2021

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:59 AM 11-08-2021
I think people are really overanalyzing this. I keep seeing claims that Mahomes is incapable of pocket passing or taking what's there. The reality is that we've seen plenty of both. Remember when everyone celebrated the masterful work done vs Buffalo in the AFCC? Hell, what about the first month of this season? He was doing a pretty solid job of taking what was there.

The fact that he makes a bad decision now and then and tries the bomb instead of the easy first down to Kelce doesn't mean that he's broken and "incapable." Everything on here is so extreme. When things are going well, he's a God who can do no wrong. Now he's broken and worthless.

Personally, I think that if yesterday's game were a playoff game, he would have taken the first down to Kelce. I think he expected to roll with Love at QB and decided to go for some highlight reel plays.

I also think that Mahomes tends to get complacent when the team has a lead or he's playing a weak opponent. Not that he isn't trying to make plays obviously, but he doesn't have the same level of urgency. I think it was telling that when they needed a drive at the end, he made it happen.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:01 AM 11-08-2021
If his toe is actually 100%, he should be utilized more like Matt Stafford vs. the Titans last night, when a moving pocket was used. Our tackles aren't exactly fleet-footed, but at least Mahomes could do what he does best...make plays on the move.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:08 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
This comes back to Andy Reid.
There aren't many Intermediate routes being run, and that part of the field has been open.
Are crossing routes not allowed in his playbook? Is he just being obstinate with his gameplan?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:10 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Are crossing routes not allowed in his playbook? Is he just being obstinate with his gameplan?
Dude our offense is pretty much all crossing routes all the time. Deep crossing routes is our bread and butter, so much so that teams are sitting on them now, hence the deep cover 2 zones.

Crossing routes are literally all we freakin' run.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:11 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Dude our offense is pretty much all crossing routes all the time. Deep crossing routes is our bread and butter, so much so that teams are sitting on them now, hence the deep cover 2 zones.

Crossing routes are literally all we freakin' run.
I'm talking about shorter crossing routes across the middle. Not deep routes.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:13 AM 11-08-2021
Mahomes has entered the hidden stats phase of Chiefs QB'ing
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:16 AM 11-08-2021
He can only count on 2 guys to throw the ball to…Kelce & Hill. The rest are below average to pathetic.
I know we all make fun of Sammy Watkins but when he played, the Chiefs were a different team.

A #2 WR is a must in this offense & the Chiefs don’t have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:18 AM 11-08-2021
I don't know if Patrick is "broken," but it's apparent that he's way out of whack.

The reality is that Mahomes is going through his reads way too fast most of the time and not giving his receivers any time to get open. Something he's had trouble with throughout his career. He's always known about it, he's even been quoted and there's film of him saying that he should've waited for "X" to get open but he didn't, since 2019.

Then quixotically, he will at other times lock onto a receiver (mostly Hill) even when he isn't open. Early in the game (I think), he threw what should've been an easy INT when Hill ran an out-route where he was literally never open, and Mahomes threw at him anyway when there was no chance at all Hill was going to get his hands on it.

And this is where I get nervous. Mahomes has had his issues with going too fast and trying to play hero ball and sometimes throwing with little touch, but he's hardly ever made really bad decisions, until this season. We could always count on him doing exactly the right thing 99% of the time, and not doing Josh Allen or Lamar level stupid things with the football in big moments. Until now.

Add to that his inexplicable inaccuracy on a large percentage of his throws, and his equally perplexing poor processing/reading of the defense, has led to this temporary decline. I say temporary because I fully believe he'll eventually sort all of that out.

But it's obviously going to take some time. The problem is that the season is already half over and he hasn't made significant strides towards rectifying most of those things.

Whatever is going on in his head, and I believe this is all in his head and not about who he's playing with or who's calling the plays, he needs to sort it out ASAP. Aside from the INT, Jordan Love out-played Mahomes in every major statistical category yesterday (completion%, yards, YDS/ATT, etc.), and Love wasn't very good at all.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 72
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Up