ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3893 of 4913
« First < 2893339337933843388338893890389138923893 389438953896389739033943399343934893 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:34 PM 01-26-2023
Imagine naming yourself after knowshin and previously Cuntler
[Reply]
chinaski 08:00 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
The other day, someone in this thread flagged a thread I started here back in, I think, 2012. It was after a game where we beat you at Arrowhead. It was literally the inverse of what the last several hundred pages of this thread are.

I was trying to remember who the player was, but back in the day, Claythan was on the Mane making comparisons between one of your WRs who had flashed in training camp, and Jerry Rice. His moniker there was Bob's your Information Minister, after the Iraqi information minister who used to tell the world about how the Iraqi Republican Guard was kicking so much ass. Claythan was QJ, before there was a QJ (in fairness, Claythan is much more vile than QJ - I'm honestly fairly certain he's not a very good person in real life - but who knows).

Neither of our real fanbases are stupid - at least, not the ones that go back farther than the bandwagon ones that jumped on with Super Bowls. Do we each have our share of PollyAnnas? Of course. But as fans, we see what we want to see.
HAHA. I hear ya. Bandwagon fans are certainly annoying. I was born and raised in Kansas City, it's my hometown. I live in SOCAL now (been here for longer than I ever lived in KC), but when the Chiefs started getting good, I started noticing more and more people wearing Chiefs stuff and it kind of surprised me actually. It's like all of the Patriots "fans" that you don't see much of these days.
[Reply]
DomCasual 08:12 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by chinaski:
HAHA. I hear ya. Bandwagon fans are certainly annoying. I was born and raised in Kansas City, it's my hometown. I live in SOCAL now (been here for longer than I ever lived in KC), but when the Chiefs started getting good, I started noticing more and more people wearing Chiefs stuff and it kind of surprised me actually. It's like all of the Patriots "fans" that you don't see much of these days.
What is it about Boston? Red Sox fans were the worst. I am embarrassed to admit that I actually rooted for them to win in 2004. I thought it would be a nice story. Little did I know it would unleash the beast.

You build character when your team loses. And all the losing makes that rare instance of winning sweet. Bandwagon fans will never get that.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:09 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Ditto. I was born and grew up in St Louis. But MO was never for me. Got out as soon as I could. Never liked the cold weather. Been in Florida for more than half my life, and the only place I’d move from here is the Caribbean where they do t have winter at all!
[Reply]
irafreak 09:13 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
What is it about Boston? Red Sox fans were the worst. I am embarrassed to admit that I actually rooted for them to win in 2004. I thought it would be a nice story. Little did I know it would unleash the beast.

You build character when your team loses. And all the losing makes that rare instance of winning sweet. Bandwagon fans will never get that.
So true. Chiefs fans have had it pretty good though overall and our fanbase is pretty genuine and cool. Arrowhead is always a great experience even in the worst of seasons.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:38 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Ditto. I was born and grew up in St Louis. But MO was never for me. Got out as soon as I could. Never liked the cold weather. Been in Florida for more than half my life, and the only place I’d move from here is the Caribbean where they do t have winter at all!
Born in Germany (I'm an Army brat) raised in Kansas. McDill AFB was my first station and I fell in love. After 3years in Misawa Japan, I came back to Fl to be close to my boys and never left. I used to never get questioned on my fandom until the Mahomes era started. Now it's pretty common for someone to ask me how long I've been a fan and where I'm from
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:44 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Born in Germany (I'm an Army brat) raised in Kansas. McDill AFB was my first station and I fell in love. After 3years in Misawa Japan, I came back to Fl to be close to my boys and never left. I used to never get questioned on my fandom until the Mahomes era started. Now it's pretty common for someone to ask me how long I've been a fan and where I'm from
Hoping we get to watch another game together soon. Seems like forever ago. I literally just watch the games at my house and don’t go out since all the Covid shit. Not for that reason but just don’t seem to go out much since then.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:12 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Hoping we get to watch another game together soon. Seems like forever ago. I literally just watch the games at my house and don’t go out since all the Covid shit. Not for that reason but just don’t seem to go out much since then.
Man if we make it to the SB, I'm going to do what I can to make it to one of the Arrowhead south locations. Even if I have to come to St Pete, I want to be with Chiefs fans
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:29 PM 01-26-2023

The Broncos appear to be enjoying the luxury of being the top job. They don’t have to rush to get Payton or Quinn or Ryans. If those guys get offered elsewhere, Denver can decide whether to act.

— Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) January 26, 2023

:-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:00 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

That’s a nice way of saying that no credible candidate wants to work for Denver’s epic dumpster fire of failure franchise and be anchored down by Fat Russell.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:13 PM 01-26-2023

Just accept reality. The Broncos HC job is one of the worst HC openings of the last 20 years.

EVERY SINGLE COACH SHOWING ANY INTEREST KNOWS THEY WILL BE FIRED FROM THIS JOB IN 2 SEASONS MAX.

They are going to interview and hire Eric Bienemy as soon as they can.

And I don’t really think he would be a bad hire. His strengths fit Denver’s needs pretty well.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:33 PM 01-26-2023

Hehe, he said "top job" hehe
[Reply]
TEX 02:44 AM 01-27-2023

Right. Keep telling yourself that as they sign elsewhere. I thought, "Harbaugh would absolutely sign with Denver." :-)
[Reply]
Coogs 05:51 AM 01-27-2023

This is old news this morning, but Quinn decided he would rather stay with the Cowboys.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:25 AM 01-27-2023
How many points did the defense give up after canning Hackett? Guess your defense sucks now...
[Reply]
Page 3893 of 4913
« First < 2893339337933843388338893890389138923893 389438953896389739033943399343934893 > Last »
Up