ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 389 of 469
« First < 289339379385386387388389 390391392393399439 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:54 PM 09-19-2022
David Lesky: Dayton Moore Gets Defensive Again
Spoiler!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 03:00 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea it's a joke, that's literally dude going on Dayton gives me shit so I better blow him. Anyone still watching Royals games is not a fair weather fan either, the idea you expect someone who hasn't had a winning season in 6 years to be accountable is not ok, is ****ed up.
The Rangers completely cleaned house of Jon Daniels and their manager this year. They’ve been more successful the last 6 years than the Royals. It’s sickening what ownership thinks fans will put up with.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 07:21 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
The Rangers completely cleaned house of Jon Daniels and their manager this year. They’ve been more successful the last 6 years than the Royals. It’s sickening what ownership thinks fans will put up with.
Two straight WS appearances...but no flag (thanks Nelson f-ing Cruz). Plus, it's hard to quantify the difference between the two orgs, since Daniels free agency approach and signings are nothing like the Royals. Ultimately, they've both been awful, recently. But don't kid yourself. Any self-respecting Rangers fan would take our results and flag over their results. Thus...Daniels had worn out his welcome.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 07:24 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
Two straight WS appearances...but no flag (thanks Nelson f-ing Cruz). Plus, it's hard to quantify the difference between the two orgs, since Daniels free agency approach and signings are nothing like the Royals. Ultimately, they've both been awful, recently. But don't kid yourself. Any self-respecting Rangers fan would take our results and flag over their results. Thus...Daniels had worn out his welcome.
The Rangers whiffed on the draft over the last decade. Minor league system never got back to its late 2000s/early 2010s days. Even now, I'm not overly enthusiastic by their top young guys (Josh Jung, Jack Leiter, Ezequiel Duran).
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 07:34 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
David Lesky: Dayton Moore Gets Defensive Again
Spoiler!

Sorry...I agree on the frustration over results. I'm also sure there are some truth to aspects of this story...even if the truths are spread out over the span of several years. But the faux rage at questioning reporters' integrity is where he lost me. QUESTIONING REPORTERS' INTEGRITY!!!!! The humanity! I can't speak to Dodd, but Lewis has been frequently corrected for factual inaccuracies by common fans in the freakin' comment section of the athletic. Hell...the story in question has a photo that pictures Singer and Kower and mislabels them. Sloppy editing and oversight. And color me skeptical of the full narrative that was crafted from a sub-section of players/former-players that were willing to talk.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 07:35 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
The Rangers whiffed on the draft over the last decade. Minor league system never got back to its late 2000s/early 2010s days. Even now, I'm not overly enthusiastic by their top young guys (Josh Jung, Jack Leiter, Ezequiel Duran).
Truth
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:03 AM 09-20-2022
https://intothefountains.substack.co...pratto-problem

Matheny has a Pratto problem
Nick Pratto's demotion over the weekend highlights more issues for the Royals.

Craig Brown
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:17 AM 09-20-2022
Dozier has posted a -1.1 fWAR this year, the worst mark among qualified players in the majors.

DJs asked in 2019 if Doze was for real, If there was anything under the hood. Sure was, age 27 guy coming into his own (29 doubles league leading TEN triples 26 jacks, 124 ops+)

But no. It was all a mirage. He turned into a massive pumpkin afterwards
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09:36 AM 09-20-2022
Dayton Moore is incompetent. And he always has been. His obsession with batting average and hatred of on base percentage is the stuff of the 1980's. He is terrible.

The Royals should fire that guy.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:37 AM 09-20-2022
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
Sorry...I agree on the frustration over results. I'm also sure there are some truth to aspects of this story...even if the truths are spread out over the span of several years. But the faux rage at questioning reporters' integrity is where he lost me. QUESTIONING REPORTERS' INTEGRITY!!!!! The humanity! I can't speak to Dodd, but Lewis has been frequently corrected for factual inaccuracies by common fans in the freakin' comment section of the athletic. Hell...the story in question has a photo that pictures Singer and Kower and mislabels them. Sloppy editing and oversight. And color me skeptical of the full narrative that was crafted from a sub-section of players/former-players that were willing to talk.
Yeah I don't care much about his comments on the story, however the facts are in the numbers with this current regime.
[Reply]
the steam 05:09 PM 09-20-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:

Do not disrespect that the Royals are the only small-market team to win it all in 30 years.
Someone explain that. The narrative is "The Dodgers, Yankees Phillies can sign all these players because they make so much money from TV." Small market San Diego has a huge payroll and the Cubs and Nationals, 2 huge TV markets can't keep any players. Makes no sense
[Reply]
Mecca 06:47 PM 09-20-2022
Originally Posted by the steam:
Someone explain that. The narrative is "The Dodgers, Yankees Phillies can sign all these players because they make so much money from TV." Small market San Diego has a huge payroll and the Cubs and Nationals, 2 huge TV markets can't keep any players. Makes no sense
Because the market is only as small as the owner wants it to be..all of those teams turn huge bank. They don't open the books for a reason.

If I were to guess I'd say basically every team can support 150-175 million before losing money obviously some can go much higher.
[Reply]
tk13 07:14 PM 09-20-2022
Originally Posted by the steam:
It goes both ways. The Nationals offered Soto $440 million and he said no. What are they supposed to do then? It's not like they didn't try. The Cubs owner is probably a combination of being cheap and trying to reload a bit because their World Series team wasn't winning games anymore, so they just blew it all up.

But the belief is the Royals are making about $50 million a year off the TV deal and what I could find online is the Cubs TV deal is about $132 million a year. There's a difference for sure.
[Reply]
tk13 07:27 PM 09-20-2022
Hunter Dozier with a game tying homer! The offense comes alive! 10 year extension.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:38 PM 09-20-2022
Why do you guys care so much? Its baseball. The entire point of baseball is to not be bored in the summer when there is no basketball or football. They have 162 games so we know its not too terribly important. Nobody has any idea what is going on with teams outside of their own city. You go to games to get sunshine, eat a hot dog, post something on the gram and not get mad win or lose.

Do you think if they had something like the outfield experience at Arrowhead or Allen Fieldhouse that anybody would ever use it during the games?
[Reply]
Page 389 of 469
« First < 289339379385386387388389 390391392393399439 > Last »
Up