ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3889 of 4909
« First < 2889338937893839387938853886388738883889 389038913892389338993939398943894889 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:34 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Klis reported that Evero would run the defense next year if Ryans is hired.
Elviros defense is pure shit
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:34 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So what is the purpose of brining in a defensive minded HC?
They can't get anyone else to take the bait :-)
[Reply]
DomCasual 04:36 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
:-)

Dude wrote that whole post lecturing everyone on how no one can predict the future, no one knows shit blah blah blah.

And then ends the post with, "If you don't speculate that the Broncos will make better decisions, you're naive!"

No, not really. If I wanted to build a successful business, and I put it in a good location, then we would need to see if all the other qualities of the business, indeed, made it successful.

If I wanted to build a successful business, and I put it in the back corner of your mom's basement, it probably wouldn't matter all that much what the other elements were. There are some characteristics that just assure failure.

It has been reported that the cash situation the Broncos have had has made things difficult since Bowlen left. I guess we knew that. But we didn't really know the extent of it. That situation is basically a non-starter for success, wouldn't you agree?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:40 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
They can't get anyone else to take the bait :-)
Yep..that's why I said Romeo.. Feels like a Romeo, Lovie Smith type hire.
[Reply]
DomCasual 04:41 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
How it started:

How it ended:

Lol. Sigh.
The first of those comments related to hiring coaches. The second related to an organization built on dysfunction and a lack of cash. Those comments you quoted were in completely different paragraphs. You understand how paragraphs work, right? I could send you a link, if you need?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:42 PM 01-26-2023
All four HC’s for the remaining teams in the championship games have offensive backgrounds, Denver desperately needs someone to fix Fat Russell and yet they are going to hire the DC from the 49ers who were shredded by the Chiefs team that has won 15 straight vs the Broncos?

Good luck with that.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 04:45 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Yep, whoever it is, they'll just be a placeholder until they can afford to give the fat midget the boot. 3-4 more years minimum of suck is in their future. Then they can draft a qb and maybe get a decent hc.
[Reply]
DomCasual 04:53 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
With respect - how?
[Reply]
Mecca 04:54 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
With respect - how?
No one wants that job...
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:58 PM 01-26-2023
Here is the thing. And I'm not going to even put this just on you dummies. Every fan base does it.

You just don't know what is going to happen. You can act like you do. But you don't. The Broncos ineptness has been, IMO, from a really messy situation that developed when Pat Bowlen had to cede control of the team. Most everything that happened since was a symptom of that unfortunate scenario. Period. Bowlen established a culture of consistency. When he made a mistake, he corrected it, and tried to go back to that culture. Without that kind of organizational consistency, if you succeed, it's in spite of yourself.

What did Eagles fans think of Andy Reid before he went to you? What percentage of Eagles fans were just beside themselves that they had lost such a great coach? I'll tell you. It was approximately 0%. He was a proven loser who could only win when it didn't matter. Now, he's one of the best coaches in the league, by any measure. Completely shockingly, that also coincides with him having gotten a freak at QB. Crazy.

Everyone is guessing about what we ("we," being the Broncos) need in a new coach. We need a CEO. We need a motivator. No, we need someone who is an offensive whiz. No, we need to keep focusing on our strength, the defense. We need a former head coach.

We've been speculating on that crap for seven years. As it turns out, probably the biggest criteria that was actually considered in choosing the last three coaches was, "Will he take the job on the cheap?" Do you think that might have hamstrung the process? That got us Vance Joseph, Vic Fangio, and Nathaniel Hackett. If you guys expect that kind of decision-making to continue in the future, you're being naive. How fast we'll see the fruits of the new situation will remain to be seen. But it is coming.
If you keep repeating the same ridiculousness, it won’t come true. Andy Reid is the first coach to win 10 games with 2 separate franchises. After this playoff run he’ll have almost as many playoff wins as your dumpster fire franchise. Your new owners have zero fucking clue about what they’re doing. They have Condoleezza Rice helping in the search. That should tell you all you need to know. Clueless is as clueless does! Every coach they were high on told them to fuck off. Now it’s the bargain bin faze of HC shopping for you guys again because you have one of the worst quarterbacks in the league. A shit OL who doesn’t even like your qb. A roster full of jags and brokedicks, and low and fucking behold…. Private Paid a Ton is still the GM. He had one of the worst off seasons of any recent GM. Traded lots of resources for EmbaRuss, signed him to an insane contract before he even took a snap, hired the worst coach in the league, I’m talking Adam Gase bad…. But worse. Brought in brokedick GregIRy and paid him like an elite player, has hit on almost zero picks outside the top 5. And to top it all off, you turds haven’t beaten the Fade in over 2 years, and it’s been 2688 days, and counting since you’ve beaten KC.

We’re not worried about Dungver, or the “fruits of a new situation “. We’re still laughing at all the rotten fruit you’ve accumulated over the last 7 years. This isn’t a new beginning for you tards, it’s just more of the same. Enjoy your misery, we sure as shit are!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:00 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
They like his leadership traits, I guess. I don’t know it’s still early. There was some talk over the last week or two that Evero would be leaving for another DC job, he wasn’t happy with Hackett’s firing. Klis’ report that Evero would be DC is the most recent report, though.
Who’s it gonna be after Ryans takes the Houston job? :-):-)
[Reply]
DomCasual 05:02 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
No one wants that job...
Are you basing that on Harbaugh and Payton? Those are two fairly unique situations. And Payton was telling everyone how much he really wanted it until something changed late last week - something hurt Payton's delicate feelings. He has said he didn't feel like he needed to go into the interviews guns blazing, because "people know who I am."

Beyond that, they seem to have the interest of the top candidates in this year's group. DeMeco Ryans is not Eric Bieniemy. He's going to end up coaching somewhere next year, if it is not the Broncos.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:03 PM 01-26-2023
I think he's basing it off them explicitly saying they want an experienced coach and resorting to one that lacks it.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:10 PM 01-26-2023
Are you basing that on Harbaugh and Payton? Those are two fairly unique situations. And Payton was telling everyone how much he really wanted it until something changed late last week - something hurt Payton's delicate feelings. He has said he didn't feel like he needed to go into the interviews guns blazing, because "people know who I am."

Beyond that, they seem to have the interest of the top candidates in this year's group. DeMeco Ryans is not Eric Bieniemy. He's going to end up coaching somewhere next year, if it is not the Broncos.
Yep hiring a first time HC that specializes in defense is about the worst thing the Broncos could do.
[Reply]
DomCasual 05:13 PM 01-26-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I think he's basing it off them explicitly saying they want an experienced coach and resorting to one that lacks it.
If it ends up being DeMeco Ryans, then that is a fair criticism. You could argue that Ryans blew them away enough to put that as a secondary requirement, but that seems like spin.

I'll go back, though, to the comment I made at the beginning. I am glad it's not likely to be Payton. I don't know that I believe Payton wants what goes into being a great head coach anymore. And what we absolutely needed the least was a coach who gets in, finds out the job requires some patience, and re-retires next offseason. I will be surprised if Payton coaches anywhere again. Maybe the Cowboys job could sufficiently motivate him to reengage.
[Reply]
Page 3889 of 4909
« First < 2889338937893839387938853886388738883889 389038913892389338993939398943894889 > Last »
Up