ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 388 of 469
« First < 288338378384385386387388 389390391392398438 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 08:24 PM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
When you take shit out of context.

Do not disrespect that the Royals are the only small-market team to win it all in 30 years.
I got the context just fine, I was laughing at anyone caring enough to express disrespect at that stat.

No one does.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:29 PM 09-18-2022
Just need to get into the bottom 3 teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
PHOG 06:46 AM 09-19-2022
Why? It'll just be wasted anyway, until some changes are made. And maybe not even then. :-)
[Reply]
Jerm 08:55 AM 09-19-2022
Jeff Flanagan holding Dayton’s water yesterday and trying to insinuate fans who want sweeping changes are “fair weather” was quite the sight to behold…

What a joke.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 10:38 AM 09-19-2022
Was going to go one last time Saturday but not sure I will now. Yesterday’s Flanagan’s stuff rubbed me wrong and it seems like I always draw Bubic starts. Not worth 5 hrs round trip
[Reply]
Mecca 10:46 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Jeff Flanagan holding Dayton’s water yesterday and trying to insinuate fans who want sweeping changes are “fair weather” was quite the sight to behold…

What a joke.
Yea it's a joke, that's literally dude going on Dayton gives me shit so I better blow him. Anyone still watching Royals games is not a fair weather fan either, the idea you expect someone who hasn't had a winning season in 6 years to be accountable is not ok, is fucked up.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:51 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea it's a joke, that's literally dude going on Dayton gives me shit so I better blow him. Anyone still watching Royals games is not a fair weather fan either, the idea you expect someone who hasn't had a winning season in 6 years to be accountable is not ok, is fucked up.
The best part was him somehow trying to construe an argument that the NFL should have a salary cap where the Chiefs wouldn’t compete and then they’d understand what a job Dayton has done…

It was truly mesmerizing….:-)
[Reply]
Mecca 10:55 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
The best part was him somehow trying to construe an argument that the NFL should have a salary cap where the Chiefs wouldn’t compete and then they’d understand what a job Dayton has done…

It was truly mesmerizing….:-)
It's better that he somehow thinks Tampa isn't a valid argument because they haven't won a WS...guess what they play in a much harder division, consistently make the playoffs every year and their system produces players every year...

Yet Dayton Moore is better than them cause he won a WS 1 year...yea ok dude.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:01 AM 09-19-2022
Moore, and frankly Matheny, should be out of a job simply based on the team showing zero improvement. It’s really all there is to say.

Witt Jr isn’t showing much improvement with his bat. He had a hot June I believe but he’s sitting at a 99 wRC+. I expected a better bat. If you were told before the year he would have the same exact wRC+ as Michael Taylor and Carlos Santana would you believe that?

His ZIPS proj was 3.7fWAR and he’s at 2.1. His ISO is exactly on the dot what was projected, .186 which is great for a SS. But man his OBP is dreadful. Never works a count or takes a walk. In that sense he’s a perfect Dayton guy, all tools and no discipline
[Reply]
Mecca 11:13 AM 09-19-2022
Check this out..

https://intothefountains.substack.co...delusion?sd=pf

Here are some highlights...

Then on Sunday, Dayton Moore was asked during his weekly appearance on the Royals radio network if he would like to respond to The Athletic article about the failure of the Royals to develop pitchers.

Whoo boy. Did he respond. It was not a good look for the Royals’ president of baseball operations.

Anytime somebody does something anonymously, first of all, I think it's disrespectful, (it) lacks integrity and I think most of those comments come from somebody criticizing simply with a critical spirit, and they want to kick people when they're down, so to speak.

Of course, we had a lot of people in the organization disappointed in that piece because it wasn't factual, and it left out a lot of important things that, I think, speak to the upside of where we are and where we're going with our pitchers.

Moore doesn’t handle pressure very well. He’s fortunate he’s in Kansas City where the market lacks that particular critical spirit element.

Now that he’s encountered criticism on a national stage he’s striking back like he’s trapped in a corner. He does it by lashing out, pointing fingers and insisting things we read aren’t true. A leader who is short on credibility at this point loses even more when he reacts in this manner.
[Reply]
cabletech94 11:32 AM 09-19-2022
^^^great read.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:05 PM 09-19-2022
I think one can both:

1) respect what Dayton Moore did in proving the Royals still viable as an organization that could build and compete and culminating that vision with two WS appearances and a world title, proving the first phase of his GM-ship a massive success (2006-2017)

2) Pivot to saying the second half of his tenure in KC has been an abject failure (2018-present) that was exacerbated by bringing in a group of dim-witted, unqualified dinosaur doofuses who have made things worse at the major league level.

I can only HOPE that AT LEAST Matheny and Eldred and all staff not named Drew Saylor/his gang are relieved of duties. I can handle the idea of Picollo overseeing a gutting and reworking of the pitching development staff along the lines of what he oversaw with the hitters. Key factor there was finding the right, smart, innovative, driven guys and giving them rein to do their thing. Hopefully he can find a way to do the same with the pitching people.

We know Cleveland as an organization is cheap. Go steal the best guy you can steal in that organization and put them in charge.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:07 PM 09-19-2022
... meanwhile, I'll continue to dream of an outcome that involves Jeff Luhnow taking over everything.

We've seen the Royals win with an angel at the helm. Let's see if a devil can do the same.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 01:20 PM 09-19-2022

The Detroit Tigers are hiring San Francisco Giants general manager Scott Harris as their new president of baseball operations, sources tell ESPN. Harris' rise in the industry has been meteoric and he's been seen as a future front-office star. Now he'll run the show in Detroit.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) September 19, 2022

[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:41 PM 09-19-2022
Forgot baseball was still going lol
[Reply]
Page 388 of 469
« First < 288338378384385386387388 389390391392398438 > Last »
Up