ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 387 of 2695
« First < 287337377383384385386387 3883893903913974374878871387 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:14 AM 08-07-2017
Reading all of this stuff about Pat making all of these throws outside the pocket, big chunks at a time... thinking back to seeing it all the time on his film... I truly think he could be Aaron Rodgers esque in that regard.

I remember before we played GB a couple years back, I created a thread that highlighted what made Rodgers so dangerous. It centered around his ability to slip through gaps to escape the pocket and just torch secondaries that way. Pass rushers have to honor this ability, and they often have to slow down their rush just to 'contain' him.

Mahomes has the potential to be that guy. It is his biggest strength. I'm not saying he will ever be what Rodgers has become (the best pure thrower of all time, IMO), but if he can master the finer points... if he can become adequate at reading defenses inside the pocket.. the ceiling is so damn high.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:49 AM 08-07-2017
I read where Nagy said he is still just trying to get Mahomes to "get the offense lined up correctly"...this was on Friday.

He sounds promising but I would tether my expectations this year....he's shown what we knew when he was drafted...talented arm/improviser but has a long ways to go in efficiently running Reid's system.

It's going to take awhile....
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:55 AM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I read where Nagy said he is still just trying to get Mahomes to "get the offense lined up correctly"...this was on Friday.

He sounds promising but I would tether my expectations this year....he's shown what we knew when he was drafted...talented arm/improviser but has a long ways to go in efficiently running Reid's system.
That was from today, they asked Nagy what the expectations were for Mahomes on Friday night and he said just to get the offense lined up right. Didn't really take it as a bad thing, just setting expectations low. The kid is going to be juiced up, so they need to relieve some pressure.

He needs time, though. No question.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:56 AM 08-07-2017
To the 3% of Chiefs fans that want him to start this year (generous) I'd agree and say yeah this team is too talented to start a rookie and torpedo the season and tank when we don't even have a first next year to make tanking worth the effort.

Not that I'm stating anything that every fan here doesn't already know. The responses to not starting Mahomes are like 1000-1 compared to anyone saying we actually should start him this year.

But yeah he's got a ways to go.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:57 AM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Matt Verderame @MattVerderame
Nagy: "Please don't expect much. He's more raw than steak in the slaughterhouse"

Chiefs fans: "START HIM"
I'll make a preseason bet with you.

Alex takes this team to the AFCCG. I'll take a one year ban... Win or lose, doesn't matter.

If he doesn't you take a one year ban?

You on?
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:58 AM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
That was from today, they asked Nagy what the expectations were for Mahomes on Friday night and he said just to get the offense lined up right. Didn't really take it as a bad thing, just setting expectations low. The kid is going to be juiced up, so they need to relieve some pressure.

He needs time, though. No question.
Oh...the tweet said Friday...didn't realize he was talking about the 49ers.

I want him to do great... but the fan chatter about starting him this season is just unrealistic. He's not ready...and when the coaches say it, people should believe them.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:19 PM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
To the 3% of Chiefs fans that want him to start this year (generous) I'd agree and say yeah this team is too talented to start a rookie and torpedo the season and tank when we don't even have a first next year to make tanking worth the effort.

Not that I'm stating anything that every fan here doesn't already know. The responses to not starting Mahomes are like 1000-1 compared to anyone saying we actually should start him this year.

But yeah he's got a ways to go.

I don't have any expectations of Patrick starting this year but the big if Alex Smith goes down what are we going to do because I have more concerns of Tyler Bray going in than I do of Patrick Mahomes II.

So what are the Chiefs going to do if Alex gets hurt for the umpteenth time of his career?
[Reply]
Coogs 12:29 PM 08-07-2017
Mine expectations have pretty much been the same for a while. Not a whole lot has happened thus far to alter those expectations. If the Chiefs are not having a fantastic season, I expect to see Mahomes start the last few games this season. 2 or 3 games possibly. That is 4 months away. The way he is playing so far makes me think this is still possible.

Now if the Chiefs are playoff team with 2 or 3 to go, he doesn't play unless it is a game 16 thing like Daniel did against the Chargers a couple of times.

EDIT: I am beginning to think Mahomes could go out there if Smith can't play due to injury. I don't buy into the competition for the backup QB spot.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:53 PM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:
EDIT: I am beginning to think Mahomes could go out there if Smith can't play due to injury. I don't buy into the competition for the backup QB spot.
I can't believe that anyone is making these types of proclamations when the guy hasn't ever taken one NFL game snap.

Everyone knows he has great arm talent. Everyone know that he can make some ridiculous throws. But the guy is 3 years removed from High School and has never played under center.

Silly.
[Reply]
TEX 12:57 PM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I can't believe that anyone is making these types of proclamations when the guy hasn't ever taken one NFL game snap.

Everyone knows he has great arm talent. Everyone know that he can make some ridiculous throws. But the guy is 3 years removed from High School and has never played under center.

Silly.
Exactly...
[Reply]
Coogs 12:57 PM 08-07-2017

Silly.
No one in the history of the NFL had ever taken a snap before their first one.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:02 PM 08-07-2017
If Smith is forced to miss multiple starts due to injury, the only intriguing question is just how much metaphorical rope Bray gets to hang himself with before they have to go with Mahomes in a scenario that precludes Smith from coming back to the field.
[Reply]
TLO 01:05 PM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
If Smith is forced to miss multiple starts due to injury, the only intriguing question is just how much metaphorical rope Bray gets to hang himself with before they have to go with Mahomes in a scenario that precludes Smith from coming back to the field.
Bray is shit. He should get about 1 quarter
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:06 PM 08-07-2017

Silly.
I watched him take snaps under center with the other quarterbacks doing hand off drills with the running backs. A coach took Patrick to the side and gave him some instruction on handing off and Patrick went back under center and did it exactly as the coach told him too. It was also very fluid motion. He is learning it just fine it maybe one thing hold him back but he will get it down Pat.
[Reply]
penbrook 01:07 PM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
I'll make a preseason bet with you.

Alex takes this team to the AFCCG. I'll take a one year ban... Win or lose, doesn't matter.

If he doesn't you take a one year ban?

You on?
Deal. I got balls. I'm not afraid. Now if Smitty has like a season ending injury will it still count if Mahomes took the Chiefs to the AFCCG
[Reply]
Page 387 of 2695
« First < 287337377383384385386387 3883893903913974374878871387 > Last »
Up