ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 382 of 488
« First < 282332372378379380381382 383384385386392432482 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:10 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
How about both? sandwiched along with two D-linemen? I think we'd be in real good shape.
Not afraid of that at all...in many mocks I did, I took a sliding Ojabo at 29, Hill, Wyatt, or Watson at 30, and Ebikitie or Mafe at 50. I don't think Wyatt drops to 29/30, but when he did, I took him and then Thomas or Ebiketie at 62. I'm all for rebuilding the D and taking a shot at a falling WR at 62 or in the 3rd. I'm so god damned tired of seeing a sorry cast of strip-club bouncers out there giving up 5-play TD drives after the O does something spectacular. TIME TO BUILD A TOP 10 D...and it will likely take all the picks we have to do it.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 10:15 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It IS kind of funny that in a post where we talk about Jameson Williams "not being able to beat out" guys at Ohio State...

That we then advocate trading up for Jermaine Johnson II.

You're aware of WHY he was at Florida State, right? It's because he "Couldn't beat out guys at Georgia" for a more prominent role.
Joe Burrow couldnt find the field at Ohio State. Entirely possible the Buckeye coaching staff are morons/play the higher recruited player/college different from NFL etc...
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 10:31 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
When we have glaring needs at basically both DE positions and at CB? Yeah, it would be dumb.
Don’t forget safety. That position needed help before losing starters.
People have been screaming for Sorenson’s replacement for a couple years. Losing honey badger on top of that should make it a priority.

DE
CB
S
DT
LB

WR
RB
TE
OL
[Reply]
crispystl 10:38 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Joe Burrow couldnt find the field at Ohio State. Entirely possible the Buckeye coaching staff are morons/play the higher recruited player/college different from NFL etc...
Oh WOW I just realized it was Urban Meyer that kept Burrow on the bench at Ohio St. Makes you wonder what other kind of terrible personnel decisions he made over there. Although, I think he left before Williams's year there.
[Reply]
JPH83 10:40 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Because he is hurt.

Because there's not a ton of separation amongst the top 6-8 WR's.

I could go on but let's not pretend that Williams is some can't miss prospect.
Of course, and let's not pretend Jermaine Johnson is a sure hit either. I mean we can say this about everyone outside of the top 10 probably and maybe some within it.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:40 AM 04-07-2022
Giving Mahomes another weapon is never the wrong thing to do. If the Chiefs feel Williams is the guy and want to go get him, then they should be commended for that. We have 12 goddamn picks, and the offseason and player acquisition doesn't stop after the draft. Everyone acting like moving up in the draft is going to stop the Chiefs from filling voids. It won't.

The philosophy shift on Chiefsplanet this season makes me sick to my stomach.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:44 AM 04-07-2022
Bunch of fucking Packer fans this season, i swear. "Hey lets just give him MVS! Mahomes will turn shit into salad!"

After all these years ya'll haven't figured out that that's a bullshit strategy. 1 SB win for Rodgers hasn't fleshed that out for you guys?

What happened to, "keep loading up on weapons?"

All of a sudden that turned into, "lets sign a bunch ob B/C tier guys and depend on Mahomes to be even MORE special".

All because Tyreek got traded and ya'll got scared of WR contracts. FML.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:46 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Bunch of fucking Packer fans this season, i swear. "Hey lets just give him MVS! Mahomes will turn shit into salad!"

After all these years ya'll haven't figured out that that's a bullshit strategy. 1 SB win for Rodgers hasn't fleshed that out for you guys?

What happened to, "keep loading up on weapons?"

All of a sudden that turned into, "lets sign a bunch ob B/C tier guys and depend on Mahomes to be even MORE special".

All because Tyreek got traded and ya'll got scared of WR contracts. FML.
Sure....and you also can't act like Jameson Williams is the only WR in the draft.
[Reply]
JPH83 10:48 AM 04-07-2022
Giving Mahomes another weapon is never the wrong thing to do. If the Chiefs feel Williams is the guy and want to go get him, then they should be commended for that. We have 12 goddamn picks, and the offseason and player acquisition doesn't stop after the draft. Everyone acting like moving up in the draft is going to stop the Chiefs from filling voids. It won't.

The philosophy shift on Chiefsplanet this season makes me sick to my stomach.
I agree. We can get a high-ceiling weapon AND still massively improve this defence. I'm not sure why people think we're bust if we don't get a Jermaine Johnson. I don't mind the "we have lots of holes, let's keep all the picks" argument. But I'm less keen on the "I'm only moving up for a DE" position.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:52 AM 04-07-2022
Keep the picks. Load up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Sure....and you also can't act like Jameson Williams is the only WR in the draft.
Wait, he isn't?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:57 AM 04-07-2022
Again, if the Chiefs feel he's their guy, and that he's 1 of 3 top blue chip prospects at that position, then what's the problem with trading up 10 spots?

Jameson ain't the only WR in the draft, but lets also not act like every receiver is as good or better. There's a reason he's the consensus #1 talent.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:01 AM 04-07-2022
Again, if the Chiefs feel he's their guy, and that he's 1 of 3 top blue chip prospects at that position, then what's the problem with trading up 10 spots?

Jameson ain't the only WR in the draft, but lets also not act like every receiver is as good or better. There's a reason he's the consensus #1 talent.
You keep saying he’s the consensus #1 and he’s not.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:06 AM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I agree. We can get a high-ceiling weapon AND still massively improve this defence. I'm not sure why people think we're bust if we don't get a Jermaine Johnson. I don't mind the "we have lots of holes, let's keep all the picks" argument. But I'm less keen on the "I'm only moving up for a DE" position.
Are you smoking crack? Trading up for a WR is fucking stupid. Mahomes is a bad ass and doesn't need us to do that. What he needs is a fucking defense. A fucking pass rush to help him win.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:09 AM 04-07-2022
You keep saying he’s the consensus #1 and he’s not.
He is.

The majority. Obviously there will be people here and there that disagree, but the majority of pundits have him as the top WR talent. Not the 1st off the board due to injury of course, but the top talent.

And if the Chiefs view him as such, then go get him.
[Reply]
Page 382 of 488
« First < 282332372378379380381382 383384385386392432482 > Last »
Up