ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 91
« First < 283435363738 394041424888 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
FD 10:01 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Not sure worthy fixes the redzone issues.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:03 AM 04-26-2024
We lost Sneed and maybe his replacement dials up some big gains or a TD but this offense is going to score a lot more points this year so that should be offset. 3peat on track.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:04 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by FD:
Exactly. Remember how good a healthy Hardman was in the red zone a coupe years ago? Reid knows how to use that speed in the red zone, and Worthy's even better.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:06 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by FD:
When you plant your foot in the ground and the DB goes flying off in the other direction....yeah that's good route running right there. That ability to plant that foot and explode off it....reminds me of KT.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 10:06 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Essentially....spin. we should have just given them a 6th then. We gave them a 3rd an actual top 100 for a late 4th. They got their guy and good for them. That late in the round I wish we would have just let it play out.
If the Chiefs could've given them a 6th they would've, that was the cost of doing business. You're splitting hairs over some pretty low comp thats almost a wash to get the guy they wanted. They didn't feel they could stay at 32 and get the guy they wanted and more than likely wouldn't of got Worthy.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:13 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
38 points is essentially a 6th in value, thats too much to secure the guy you wanted? :-)
Yeah seems like very little when you consider that move would have put Zay Flowers on our team instead of the team trying to choke us out in the playoffs while we cant mover he ball.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:15 AM 04-26-2024
I can't wait to hear the story of the trade coming together or who they thought was gonna take Worthy and why.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:16 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
When you plant your foot in the ground and the DB goes flying off in the other direction....yeah that's good route running right there. That ability to plant that foot and explode off it....reminds me of KT.
I think Worthy is what Toney should be.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:18 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I can't wait to hear the story of the trade coming together or who they thought was gonna take Worthy and why.
Seen both Cowboys and 49ers.
[Reply]
Otter 10:20 AM 04-26-2024
Well, he a step ahead on the neck tattoo so that's a good sign.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 10:20 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Yeah seems like very little when you consider that move would have put Zay Flowers on our team instead of the team trying to choke us out in the playoffs while we cant mover he ball.
Exactly, they missed out on Zay Flowers last year. This year Veach wasn't missing again on that player.
[Reply]
Chieftain 10:20 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I'm not worried he'll be a bad player or not live up to the hype - I'm worried his small frame could be a problem. I think the odds are good he'll have a short career and he's more likely to get injured.

But until then he's going to rip people's hearts out...
And watching the draft podcast over at Arrowhead Addict, their guys also weren't pleased with the pick, including Verderame. It was the instinctive natural reaction at the time. Biggest criticism was his thin frame. Now, he may add 10 pounds of muscle over the summer. It is possible.
I still believe McConkey was a safer pick. But Worthy has bigger upside, no doubt. Can stretch the field more. He did play with a broken hand in 2022 which caused his numbers to dip. Has been productive in all his years in college and has great acceleration after the catch, similar to Rice, with a faster takeoff speed. Played in a big name school. Seems book smart. There's a lot to like when sitting back and reviewing the pick. But as they always say, best ability is availability. The NFL is brutal, it's physical. Especially for a receiver.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:22 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by FD:
this was the route that got me excited more than the 40 time.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:24 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Seen both Cowboys and 49ers.
Cowboys were my first thought when we made the move, but after seeing the 49ers go Pearsall, it's obvious they were in on Worthy too.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 10:25 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Seems like we gave up a lot to move 4 spots.

This is one of the 10 cheapest first-round non-QB trade-ups in the last 20 years.

— Seth Walder (@SethWalder)
April 26, 2024

[Reply]
Page 38 of 91
« First < 283435363738 394041424888 > Last »
Up