ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 112
« First < 283435363738 394041424888 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
Coogs 08:35 AM 05-27-2022
https://www.chiefs.com/video/patrick...conference-5-2

Lot of good stuff about the WR core from Mahomes in this video. Nearly every question was centered on the WR's.

If Q? Don't care.
[Reply]
O.city 08:42 AM 05-27-2022
I don't think he needs much time to get "used to NFL speed" he played at Clemson. That's about as close to NFL speed as you can get.

Moore maybe will need some time though.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:45 AM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
It's strange to me how Chiefs fans latch on to some long shot and actively dislike guys who were drafted but werent the guy they wante at that spot.
On the one hand I hear you but this isn't Fountain this is a guy who roasted SEC defenders as a true freshman. I think it's a much different situation than normal
[Reply]
O.city 08:47 AM 05-27-2022
Is it possible the whole league messed up that badly letting the guy fall out of the draft etc?
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:49 AM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Is it possible the whole league messed up that badly letting the guy fall out of the draft etc?
It wouldn't be the first, second or 50th time

They had two layers of physicians from the Chiefs and KU Med clear his foot and spine. I wonder how many other teams went through that whole process?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:50 AM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

They had two layers of physicians from the Chiefs and KU Med clear his foot and spine. I wonder how many other teams went through that whole process?
Only 4 teams cleared him I believe.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:50 AM 05-27-2022
I mean, Trey Smith wasn’t an UDFA, but pretty much the same thing.
[Reply]
O.city 08:54 AM 05-27-2022

Originally Posted by staylor26:
I mean, Trey Smith wasn’t an UDFA, but pretty much the same thing.
It definitely happens.

HOpefully it happened again here. Would be awesome.

I'm more worried about the injuries than on field stuff at this point.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:04 AM 05-27-2022
This would be pretty fucking sweet if it works out and he makes this roster and plays like he did early in his college career. If the injuries haven't completely sapped his athleticism, then this could be the steal of the draft.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:26 AM 05-27-2022
Watching highlights from his freshman year and the AJ Green comparisons are right on
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:32 AM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
It's strange to me how Chiefs fans latch on to some long shot and actively dislike guys who were drafted but werent the guy they wante at that spot.
I actively love the McDuffie, Moore, Karlaftis, Chenal, and Kinnard picks. I am excited by the others.

this is found money, and he isn't "some long shot." He's a nearly universal consensus top flight pick without his medical history.

Also, let's remember that his spine was not an injury. This isn't a guy who has been hurt his whole career. it is much closer to Trey Smith's situation.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:33 AM 05-27-2022
Watching highlights from his freshman year and the AJ Green comparisons are right on
AJ Green was a substantially better athlete than even a pre-injury Ross. I think people are overestimating at this point the impact the injury(s) had on his athleticism. He wasn't an athletic freak even before he got hurt.

I almost wonder if a taller JJSS isn't what the best case scenario for him might be.

Ross just isn't terribly fast or terribly explosive. Like SS, he's smooth and has good body control. He has good hands. He wins on contested balls and at the catch point more often than he wins through creating space. And when he creates space, it's through some technical 'win' rather than raw athleticism.

Honestly he may just end up being what we hoped Gordon could be. A 3rd down and red zone possession option. And that would be a heck of a find as a UDFA.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:34 AM 05-27-2022
It definitely happens.

HOpefully it happened again here. Would be awesome.

I'm more worried about the injuries than on field stuff at this point.
It's strange to me how often I hear that the Chiefs are 'conservative' with their injury evaluations yet they were one of the few teams that cleared Smith and Ross.

I mean...how 'conservative' can they really be in that case?

But unlike you, I'm more worried about the on the field stuff than the injuries. If he can't play, he can't play - who cares? He didn't cost anything. But if he's cleared, I'm still not absolutely convinced he's an NFL WR. He's just so lacking in explosion. Even the plays we seem him make aren't plays where he's creating space. He's making acrobatic catches on jump balls and such.

I just don't know how well he'll work in a WCO.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:40 AM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He wasn't an athletic freak even before he got hurt....

Ross just isn't terribly fast or terribly explosive. Like SS, he's smooth and has good body control. He has good hands. He wins on contested balls and at the catch point more often than he wins through creating space. And when he creates space, it's through some technical 'win' rather than raw athleticism.
Yeah i feel like that's the elephant in the room. I agree here. Just don't really feel like doing battle with everyone over it.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:43 AM 05-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

But unlike you, I'm more worried about the on the field stuff than the injuries.
And i think the on the field stuff is what caused him to go undrafted. Coupled with the injuries of course.

Even if you watch his Freshman year that really built the hype, there wasn't really a ton of NFL level, "Wow" catches. A lot of plays where he was simply running wide open, un covered.

I mean i hope im wrong. Totally hope i'm wrong. I'm just not sold.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 112
« First < 283435363738 394041424888 > Last »
Up