View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 38 of 343
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:34 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
A draft pick. A free agent. A trade. All options are open.
Brown was #2 in the league in win rate on run blocking, and was a top 5 LT overall after about week 7 last year. And he's 26

But yeah we should give up on that guy after one year.
[Reply]
TEX 07:58 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Brown was #2 in the league in win rate on run blocking, and was a top 5 LT overall after about week 7 last year. And he's 26

But yeah we should give up on that guy after one year.
Top 5? You sure about that?
[Reply]
old_geezer 06-06-2022, 08:04 AM
This message has been deleted by old_geezer. Reason: Need to take reading comprehension class
TEX 08:09 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
He did say run blocking so I can believe that. :-)
Yes. I believe that part also. But then he said,"Top 5 overall after week 7." Which I find hard to believe... But it might be possible, because he is not counting over 1/3 of the season.

Wonder how many other players, at any position, would be top 5 if you left off 1/3 of the season? :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:16 AM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Shut up dick. I said I was done but everyone keeps responding and for the record I am not the only one that thinks paying him top dollar is a stupid move but I seem to be the only one getting called an idiot.

Now I'm done.
We're not calling you stupid because you think paying him a big contract is a bad idea.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:49 PM 06-06-2022
Aaron Donald just got paid. Over $30 million AAV. Veach knows the rest of the league is going to catch up quickly to the WR run.

They are going to ask for something close to or that number. It will happen soon.

Getting Brown Jr on a deal now will look like a huge bargain in a couple of years.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:00 PM 06-06-2022
You know what Aaron Donald has?

An agent who worked at CAA
[Reply]
-King- 06:05 PM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Much easier said than done. This ain't Madden .
Yeah, but something not being easy isn't justification for anything.

Again, what's the risk in letting him play out the tag? If he plays like a top 5 tackle, then he justifies his demand and we pay him. If not, we dodged a bullet in not paying him top 5 money this off season.
[Reply]
poolboy 07:04 PM 06-06-2022
Brown can run block, no doubt about
OBJ playing on the franchise tag would hamper our cap space
IMO, Berch wants some significant space at some point going into the season because you never know what player might shake loose
or maybe a directive came down from Bark Hunt?
[Reply]
RunKC 06-06-2022, 09:30 PM
This message has been deleted by RunKC.
RunKC 06-06-2022, 09:30 PM
This message has been deleted by RunKC.
saphojunkie 09:56 PM 06-06-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Brown can run block, no doubt about
OBJ playing on the franchise tag would hamper our cap space
IMO, Berch wants some significant space at some point going into the season because you never know what player might shake loose
or maybe a directive came down from Bark Hunt?
I wonder if Veach doesn't have a deal in place with someone and is waiting for the cap space to open.
[Reply]
TEX 07:57 AM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah, but something not being easy isn't justification for anything.

Again, what's the risk in letting him play out the tag? If he plays like a top 5 tackle, then he justifies his demand and we pay him. If not, we dodged a bullet in not paying him top 5 money this off season.
That's the way I'd go.
[Reply]
TEX 08:03 AM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I wonder if Veach doesn't have a deal in place with someone and is waiting for the cap space to open.
Veach is good, but some of you guys give him way too much credit. He's not some mastermind sitting back there playing three-dimensional chess with deals in place that we can't even imagine. The argument could easily be made that this off season he got outmaneuvered by every division rival in free agency. I like the guy, and love his aggressive nature, but he still has work to do with this roster, especially on the D-Line, and the clock is ticking....
[Reply]
Brooklyn 08:41 AM 06-07-2022
the biggest deal in the Division was the 2 WR trades. We went second, didn't pay the premium price tag and got better draft comp. Had we traded Reek first, we'd have been outmaneuvered. Could we maybe have been a player for Mack given the Ryan Pace connection, yeah I guess so, but who really knows what he's even gonna be.

We didn't need to make a splash like Russel Wilson because we already have Mahomes. Danver actually lost some big pieces there too, and now Russ wants PAID.

What all else actually happened? JC Jackson, maybe? Seems like Veach had a plan at CB, as usual, and its was a new twist and early and late draft picks.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 08:50 AM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Veach is good, but some of you guys give him way too much credit. He's not some mastermind sitting back there playing three-dimensional chess with deals in place that we can't even imagine. The argument could easily be made that this off season he got outmaneuvered by every division rival in free agency. I like the guy, and love his aggressive nature, but he still has work to do with this roster, especially on the D-Line, and the clock is ticking....
I can imagine trading for Josh Allen in his fourth season, extending him with cap space from Brown's franchise tag money, and making Clark a rotational player. That's not a chess move I can't even imagine. It would be pretty unsurprising.

I'm just taking him at his word. He said that a Brown extension would allow them to make a big(ger) move at the DE position. There have been plenty of whispers about Jacksonville trading one of their young pass rushers.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:14 AM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
He literally said that right now he has the space to make a smaller type move but after an extension is in place with Brown, he will have space for a “big move”.
[Reply]
TEX 09:32 AM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I can imagine trading for Josh Allen in his fourth season, extending him with cap space from Brown's franchise tag money, and making Clark a rotational player. That's not a chess move I can't even imagine. It would be pretty unsurprising.

I'm just taking him at his word. He said that a Brown extension would allow them to make a big(ger) move at the DE position. There have been plenty of whispers about Jacksonville trading one of their young pass rushers.
Gotcha. Would be a great get IF it were to actually happen. But why would the Jags do it?
[Reply]
Page 38 of 343
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up