Page 38 of 54
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:36 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:

I mean how fucking hard is it to focus on Obi Wan Kenobi in a show fucking titled Obi Wan Kenobi?
Totally agree. Same thing with Boba Fet. A pair of series with their names on it in which both ended up being two of the weaker characters in their own series when they're suppose to be ass kickers.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:38 PM 06-21-2022
Uhh.... Wut? Obi Wan spent effectively the entirety of the next episode in a state of almost panic culminating in Obi Wan running like a little bitch when actually being confronted by Vader
[Reply]
BigRichard 02:40 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
At least there is hope for season 2.

Writer of this utter tripe, Joby Harold, has been fired from this series, and will not be involved in any other Srar Wars related series moving forward.

When you admittedly use the most universally despised Star Wars Film: The Last Jedi, as a template for your series, you're going to experience the backlash that we've seen.

Specific reason Bob Chapek alluded to for firing Joby Harold, was making Reva and Leia more central to the story than Obi Wan and Darh Vader.

I mean how ****ing hard is it to focus on Obi Wan Kenobi in a show ****ing titled Obi Wan Kenobi?

The problem of course just as with Kevin Smiths fail with Masters of The Universe, is that when you make your main character on the bill of goods you sold, a secondary character in his own show, you're gonna piss people off.

You see, nobody would give 2 shits if the show were centered on Reva, and advertised as such. No, you need that huge draw character that people actually want to see, and then you try to tell your dumbass story after and if people complain, simply call them racist misogynist toxic fans.

Maybe they do better on season 2, but with their track record, I'm not holding my breath. At least the acknowledgement that fans hate the work, and the writer has been fired is a step in the right direction.
Kathleen Kennedy should have been fired a long time ago if they truly wanted to admit their mistake.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:48 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Production value and the story line have been shit. Can they not even afford good CGI in this?

I love the people saying stuff to the effect of... it is Star Wars... what do you expect?

I expect something good or something better than good... not shit.
The Mandalorian is the bar.

This doesn't approach it. Nowhere even close. From storytelling to CGI, The Mandalorian demonstrates what CAN be done.

I don't see why any of us need to apologize for pointing out that here it most assuredly was NOT done. With easily the coolest property they have unmined and almost certainly the most talented actor they have EVER had in this entire franchise.

It's just frustrating, that's all.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:54 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Kind of curious where y'all would rank this series in relation to the Disney trilogy of films. I'd still take this over any of those, but that sort of speaks more to how badly I despise all 3 of those movies.
I will still re-watch TFA, but I'm pretty sure I'm in a decided minority in my affinity for it.

Empire
New Hope
Mando
Rogue One
Return of the Jedi
Solo
TFA
Book of Boba
Obi Wan
Revenge of the Sith
TLJ
Phantom Menace
AOTC
Rise of Skywalker

I think I covered 'em all in there.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:55 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Kathleen Kennedy should have been fired a long time ago if they truly wanted to admit their mistake.
At this point it's comical. The same fucking shit STILL happens under her watch. Puts out some subpar shit with no logical overarching plot and spend more time reverse engineering fixes and contradicting prior material than actually telling a compelling story. The fact it apparently happened in production this time around is even more damning.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:57 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I will still re-watch TFA, but I'm pretty sure I'm in a decided minority in my affinity for it.

Empire
New Hope
Mando
Rogue One
Return of the Jedi
Solo
TFA
Book of Boba
Obi Wan
Revenge of the Sith
TLJ
Phantom Menace
Rise of Skywalker

AOTC
Swap around ROTS and TFA and that's pretty much the exact same list as far as stuff I've actually watched. So no Mando, Boba Fett, or Solo.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:00 PM 06-21-2022
Swap around ROTS and TFA and that's pretty much the exact same list as far as stuff I've actually watched. So no Mando, Boba Fett, or Solo.
Solo took a lot of heat because TLJ pissed people off so badly.

But when I finally convinced myself to watch it, I really enjoyed it. I've even re-watched it.

I'm thinking that TFA is the end of my 're-watchable' line. I can't imagine re-watching Obi-Wan or Boba. And definitely nothing after those.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:01 PM 06-21-2022
The Mandalorian is the bar.

This doesn't approach it. Nowhere even close. From storytelling to CGI, The Mandalorian demonstrates what CAN be done.

I don't see why any of us need to apologize for pointing out that here it most assuredly was NOT done. With easily the coolest property they have unmined and almost certainly the most talented actor they have EVER had in this entire franchise.

It's just frustrating, that's all.
Mando's storytelling ended up feeling like a typical fetch quest RPG by season 2.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:07 PM 06-21-2022
Solo took a lot of heat because TLJ pissed people off so badly.

But when I finally convinced myself to watch it, I really enjoyed it. I've even re-watched it.

I'm thinking that TFA is the end of my 're-watchable' line. I can't imagine re-watching Obi-Wan or Boba. And definitely nothing after those.
TFA prematurely killed any interest I would've had in Solo. There's no point when I know he ends as a depressed estranged vagabond riding aimlessly around with a giant furry until his own son eventually guts him and yeets him down the proverbial endless shaft. He didn't even get redemption for how shitty his life ended up being.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:12 PM 06-21-2022

Empire
New Hope
Mando
Rogue One
Return of the Jedi
Solo
TFA
Book of Boba
Obi Wan
Revenge of the Sith
TLJ
Phantom Menace
AOTC
Rise of Skywalker

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:14 PM 06-21-2022
TFA prematurely killed any interest I would've had in Solo. There's no point when I know he ends as a depressed estranged vagabond riding aimlessly around with a giant furry until his own son eventually guts him and yeets him down the proverbial endless shaft. He didn't even get redemption for how shitty his life ended up being.
Solo is awesome. Full of fun. Watch it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:19 PM 06-21-2022
Already seen the only part I'd have any interest in, which is Daenerys works for Darth Maul now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:22 PM 06-21-2022
Already seen the only part I'd have any interest in, which is Daenerys works for Darth Maul now.
just the scene where han meets chewie is amazing

and holy fuck the kessel run...DON'T YOU WANT TO SEE THE KESSEL RUN!? :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:40 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Mando's storytelling ended up feeling like a typical fetch quest RPG by season 2.
It did, yes.

But it was also interesting. The ancillary characters were good. The production values were good.

I found the 'bottle episodes' as engaging and entertaining as any 'payoff' episode of Obi Wan.

When your filler is as good as the filet mignon someone else is serving, that's a pretty strong sign that the latter just isn't a very good chef.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 54
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Up