ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 71
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs fanbase “might be one of the most toxic in all of sports”
Jerm 06:26 PM 10-29-2021

Not a reputation you want to have with one of the most respected and vocal players in the league. https://t.co/4cqkrnxTUI

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) October 29, 2021

I’ll see you all in the fallout shelter…this thing is gonna blow….
[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:43 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Just like his performance on the field, Hitchens is slow to respond.
*zing
[Reply]
Spott 02:45 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Yeah fuck Hitchens - he can ride the bench for the rest of his illustrious career in KC.
Kind of silly for the defense to be bragging about the recent playoff success. They gave up 25 points a game in 2018 and 2019, and 24 per game last year. 7 of those 9 games were at home, too. It’s not like they were the 85 Bears during that stretch or were ever expected to be anywhere close to that level.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:47 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Nope. I hope he contributes to a Chiefs turnaround this year, but other than that I'm done with this guy. Honey Badger was loved by this fanbase, but chose to shit all over them on social media and give us national headlines about how toxic we are. I'm sure his agent and others talked him down but you can't take that shit back.

Play out your contract and get the fuck out of town you spoiled, entitled asshole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:54 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
SB49 comes to mind. He consistently fields Top 15 defenses regardless of who is out there. He has taken no name players and made them successful. It is very similar to Reid, except on offense. Reid can take nobody's and make them look better than they are. He is about the only HC who can put clown shoes on Belichick's defenses regularly regardless of who he has. Looking at what both Belichick and Reid do, credit needs to be given for what they accomplish and there is a certain level of genius to it. That's why very few can do it at a high level for as long as those two have.
you're missing my point.

He doesn't do anything different than anyone else schematically.

He utilizes what personnel has has better than anyone else. Whatever that personnel is.

They don't really do anything special; and what they do changes from season to season, era to era depending on the personnel he's got.

He's just better at not trying to make pieces fit the puzzle. He makes the puzzle fit the pieces.

That's really smart, and he's the GOAT HC, but that's why.

Is he a 'brilliant defensive mastermind'? Well, I mean, what does he draw up that's innovative? Nothing, really. He just routinely puts guys in position to do what they do well, and avoids what they don't do well.

he's a brilliant head coach for that, I'll grant you.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 03:14 PM 10-30-2021
To err is human, to forgive is... Yeah, screw that...

Just kidding... Always have and always will support the team regardless of the comments made by players in anger and frustration. Still, learn how to deal with it dude. You're paid millions of dollars to play a frigging game. Act somewhat appreciative of that while the people who get out of line and post stupid things will never see 1/1000 of the money you make.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:17 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Nope. I hope he contributes to a Chiefs turnaround this year, but other than that I'm done with this guy. Honey Badger was loved by this fanbase, but chose to shit all over them on social media and give us national headlines about how toxic we are. I'm sure his agent and others talked him down but you can't take that shit back.

Play out your contract and get the fuck out of town you spoiled, entitled asshole.
It's been incredibly disappointing to see the rabbit ears on that guy this season. He did a little of that the last 2 years but this year it's a weekly thing.

And it's just so petty. He'll go after a guy like Joshua Briscoe who's just been a massive homer the entire time Matheiu has been here. And for pretty benign stuff - just baseline criticism of performance.

Somebody will make some clinical statement regarding the play of the team and Mathieu will get super prickly and personal about it.

Defense has always been more about attitude than anything else and it seems pretty apparent at this point that the attitude on that side of the ball is shit. And it's the veteran leaders who are leading the charge there. If we're gonna argue that guys like Mathieu and Clark came in here and 'changed the culture' on the defense, then we're acknowledging their impact on the pscyhe of that unit.

Well if they can make it better, they can make it worse. And right now it sucks while Matheiu is out there berating teammates and bitching at fans/reporters on social media. Clark's out there blaming self-inflicted distractions, talking about not focusing week to week and laughing it up during blowouts.

Hitchens is asking why fans aren't satisfied, which sure as hell begs the question - are you, Anthony? Because that might explain some things...

There are a lot of veterans on that side of the ball that need to get gone.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:23 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
Kind of silly for the defense to be bragging about the recent playoff success. They gave up 25 points a game in 2018 and 2019, and 24 per game last year. 7 of those 9 games were at home, too. It’s not like they were the 85 Bears during that stretch or were ever expected to be anywhere close to that level.
Our defense during the super bowl stretch was outstanding when they needed to be. They were solid enough last year and played a big role in getting us to the super bowl. This year is just something else entirely. From the top down and bottom up its just a mess.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:23 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Dude said it. Admitted it was a mistake.

Good enough for me to move on.

Ready to get back to critiquing his play on the field when warranted.
Dude's a 10-year NFL veteran who knows what he's supposed to say.

What he did was say the quiet part out loud. You can write it off as 'frustration' but in reality it was simply candor. I think it was unfair, but it's absolutely what Mathieu believes.

But his agent/PR reps got to him and reminded him of the rules.

The overwhelming majority of conversations regarding Mathieu (or Hitchens, Clark, Jones, etc...) has been nothing BUT 'critiquing his play when warranted' and the response it got was 'why aren't you satisfied?' and an evening spent shooting barbs at the fanbase.

I've been ready to 'move on' from Mathieu for cap reasons all season, but after 7 weeks of finger-pointing at his teammates and showing guys up on the field (when I know he's not putting up perfect games out there) compounded with his weekly social media temper tantrums, I'm just ready to have this guy off the roster, irrespective of his salary demands.

His voice is not helping.
[Reply]
Steron 03:30 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Hey Honey Bitch, shut the hell up, focus on improving the defense and follow how #15 has reacted to adversity this week.
It's like calling your girl a stupid bitch and wondering why she doesn't blow you a few hours later.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:39 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by Steron:
It's like calling your girl a stupid bitch and wondering why she doesn't blow you a few hours later.
No - it’s like calling Salma Hayek a bitch and wondering why she won’t blow you a few hours later.

Bottom line is she wasn’t gonna be blowing you either way. She may cite that as a justification but that’s all it is.

No amount of adulation will ever sate the ego of guys that do shit like this. You are beneath them and any amount of criticism will be seized on as an opportunity to remind you of that fact.
[Reply]
eDave 03:43 PM 10-30-2021
As much at KC is a "Kingdom" thing, this is a really dumb thing to say out loud. The team is melting down.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:44 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Dude's a 10-year NFL veteran who knows what he's supposed to say.

What he did was say the quiet part out loud. You can write it off as 'frustration' but in reality it was simply candor. I think it was unfair, but it's absolutely what Mathieu believes.

But his agent/PR reps got to him and reminded him of the rules.

The overwhelming majority of conversations regarding Mathieu (or Hitchens, Clark, Jones, etc...) has been nothing BUT 'critiquing his play when warranted' and the response it got was 'why aren't you satisfied?' and an evening spent shooting barbs at the fanbase.

I've been ready to 'move on' from Mathieu for cap reasons all season, but after 7 weeks of finger-pointing at his teammates and showing guys up on the field (when I know he's not putting up perfect games out there) compounded with his weekly social media temper tantrums, I'm just ready to have this guy off the roster, irrespective of his salary demands.

His voice is not helping.
No disagreement there.

I'm ready to move on from this particular comment in a vacuum. I'd rather spend my time crushing a guy for on field stuff instead of dumb stuff said on social media. I get that the relationship between the 2 are interwined, but I'd just like to go back to being ignorant of how dumb athletes on my favorite team really are via threads about what they're saying on social media.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 03:47 PM 10-30-2021
No - it’s like calling Salma Hayek a bitch and wondering why she won’t blow you a few hours later.

Bottom line is she wasn’t gonna be blowing you either way. She may cite that as a justification but that’s all it is.

No amount of adulation will ever sate the ego of guys that do shit like this. You are beneath them and any amount of criticism will be seized on as an opportunity to remind you of that fact.
Wow, I didn't know having Salma Hayek blow me was so easy...

Daaaaaaym...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:52 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Wow, I didn't know having Salma Hayek blow me was so easy...

Daaaaaaym...
I feel like perhaps you didn't quite read my post correctly...
[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:53 PM 10-30-2021

I read the first sentence and really liked that you were relating us as the Salma Hayek of NFL fans. Then I kept reading and realized that wasn’t your correlation at all. :-)
[Reply]
Page 38 of 71
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Up