ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 56
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 05-21-2021
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...5gsE-j2lqNlXGk

Originally Posted by :
Plot and character details have still been kept tightly under wraps, until now. The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the roles of Mads Mikkelsen and Shaunette Renée Wilson. And on top of that, when the next installment of the Indiana Jones franchise will take place.

According to our sources, Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the villain in this new installment of Indiana Jones. His character is described to us as a Nazi scientist enlisted into NASA by the United States government to work on the space agency’s moon landing initiative.

Shaunette Renee Wilson will be playing Mads Mikkelsen’s villain’s CIA handler responsible for “babysitting” the Nazi scientist turned NASA recruit. There will also be a female villain, “an evil and brutal killer” who will work with Mads Mikkelsen’s character. According to our sources, Scarlett Johansson actually passed on this role previously.

Mads Mikkelsen’s character’s description not only reveals that he will be the villain of Indiana Jones 5, but when the franchise’s next installment will be taking place.

The next Indiana Jones adventure would logically be set during the 1960s space race. NASA’s Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969, so it wouldn’t be a shock for the film to be set later in the 1960s, especially since the fourth Indiana Jones film was set in 1957. And in classic Indiana Jones fashion it looks like our hat wearing, whip wielding, archeologist will have another chance to punch some Nazis, with Mikkelsen’s villain being a former scientist for Hitler’s Reich.

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:32 PM 06-22-2023
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Outside of minor nitpicks, as you can do to virtually any movie, what's bad about it?
I didn't say it was bad. I have the movie. It's an ok movie, but it's not a classic.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:33 PM 06-22-2023
you people are gonna be jumping through hoops to shit on this movie the closer and closer we get to release date
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:15 AM 06-23-2023
62%

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:07 AM 06-23-2023
well, i read my first spoiler

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:50 AM 06-23-2023
Is this going to be as terrible as Madden or will it be worse?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:20 AM 06-23-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
62%

Only 15 more to go before it ties Crystal Skull!!

There's a hell of a bar...

Clay is in the bargaining stage of mourning at this point...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:26 AM 06-23-2023
Hmm. I think for the most part people want Madden, or a football sim, they just want it to be of a much higher quality. I don't know if too many folks were actually asking for another Indiana Jones movie.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:26 AM 06-23-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Only 15 more to go before it ties Crystal Skull!!

There's a hell of a bar...

Clay is in the bargaining stage of mourning at this point...
Firmly in the same score range as Blood Diamond, Back to the Future II, The Goonies, The Rocketeer, Fever Pitch, Coming To America...

Nothing wrong with a RT score in the 60s.

Just wait until I start comparing it to the high 60s next week.

Could this movie be as good as TRUE LIES? Or even ROCKY II? Yes, it COULD.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:41 PM 06-23-2023
Wow.

"I lost count of the bodies early on."

There's some people fucking dying in this one. :-)
[Reply]
kcpasco 07:42 AM 06-24-2023
90 year old Indy doesn’t intrigue me. I still have the original trilogy to fall back on. My childhood will always love that.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:48 AM 06-24-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Wow.

"I lost count of the bodies early on."

There's some people fucking dying in this one. :-)
LOL, that was also said about the Little Mermaid 2023
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:50 PM 06-24-2023
i will be a mess

https://deepfocusreview.com/reviews/...al-of-destiny/

Originally Posted by :
Dial of Destiny balances the MacGuffin with Indy’s more reflective character in this adventure, allowing for a powerfully emotional and thematic resonance by the end, regardless of how it deviates from its predecessors.

Dial of Destiny moved me with how it says goodbye to our beloved hero. All I know is that somewhere between the ungainly beginning and the conclusion that brought me to tears, Dial of Destiny won me over for how it builds upon the franchise and adds dimension to Indiana Jones.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:52 PM 06-24-2023
NEW CRITICS CONSENSUS!!!! WINNAH!!!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:06 AM 06-26-2023

#DialOfDestiny was a golden slice of good old adventure cinema, the kind they just don't make on this kind of scale anymore. "Fan service overload", nonsense! It tips its fedora to the series/characters/lore but @mang0ld has crafted a film so unmistakably right for the character.

— Jack Bottomley (@JJB888) June 26, 2023

Waller-Bridge was another fantastic leading lady in this series, Mikkelsen's villain was completely the right fit for this adventure, and young Ethann Isidore was fantastic, but Harrison Ford was of course the standout. #IndianaJones #DialOfDestiny

#IndianaJones and the #DialOfDestiny is pure adventure cinema firing on cylinders old and new, @mang0ld has done the character, the franchise and its makers proud, and John Williams' score was simply phenomenal...again!

#IndianaJones and the #DialOfDestiny is a first viewing cinema experience I'll remember as long as I live. Don't let stupid online discourses discourage you from this fabulous, distinctive and fitting finale to one of cinema's greatest heroes. I loved it, it gave me everything. pic.twitter.com/H3FTDWCok0

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:08 AM 06-26-2023
these fucking idiots :-)

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-...sion-rcna89935

Originally Posted by :
But unfortunately, the latest Indiana Jones installment continues a Hollywood tradition of punching Nazis without doing much to explain why Nazis are bad or how you recognize them. We generally think that black-and-white morality makes evil easier to identify. But Hollywood’s simplifications can make it harder to do the right thing in the real world, where the villains don’t always cover themselves in convenient swastikas.

Indy is fighting, in theory, to prevent fascism from conquering the world. But “Dial” spares little thought for the horrors of Nazism or the Holocaust. Director James Mangold is much more focused on fun chase scenes and on the mechanics of riding a horse into the subway than he is on fighting fascism.

This isn’t surprising. Hollywood frequently uses “Nazi” as a synonym for “bad.” The “Star Wars” franchise, for example, uses vague references to the Nazis, like “Stormtroopers,” as convenient stand-ins for evil. But with rare exceptions, it doesn’t explain what the Empire or the rebels actually believe.

Hollywood in general wants to tell fun, exciting adventure stories. But real-life Nazis, spouting real-life bigotry and committing real-life atrocities, aren’t much fun. If you showed Indy fighting Jan. 6 rioters, for example, you’re going to get pushback.

Punching ideas is tricky, and fascism is an idea first, before it persuades people to wear armbands or storm the U.S. Capitol. When you see the world in black and white, there’s a lot of evil that may get obscured in the gray shadows you erase. And even for Indiana Jones, it’s hard to punch what you can't see.

[Reply]
Page 38 of 56
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Up