ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 57
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep your political bullshit in DC and out of all other forums
DaFace 12:23 AM 12-01-2018
We're seeing an uptick in people randomly throwing out political bullshit in threads in the Lounge. Don't. Report people who do. They'll get booted from the thread for a first offense and more than that if they continue.

The end.

(Oct 2020 update)

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

GloryDayz 08:36 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Trump dips his ruebens in ranch. Yeah I said it.

Pablo 08:36 PM 10-08-2020
Think we can all agree Tom Brady is a pedophile that deserves to fucking die.
Easy 6 08:38 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This is pretty amazing.

And sad. Really sad.
This board has turned on itself like nothing we've ever seen before, its threatening to ruin the entire site

And so the mods might take drastic action, but it still won't fix the underlying problem... drive away the users, and you kill the traffic, which kills the board

Getting rid of Trump won't fix it, and neither will electing Biden

Don't know what the answer is, but I'm sure sick of this shit
htismaqe 08:40 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
This board has turned on itself like nothing we've ever seen before, its threatening to ruin the entire site

And so the mods might take drastic action, but it still won't fix the underlying problem... drive away the users, and you kill the traffic, which kills the board

It's the current state of American politics. I'm not sure there is an answer at this point.

It just feels inevitable.
Bearcat 08:42 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's the current state of American politics. I'm not sure there is an answer at this point.

It just feels inevitable.
Communism.

(sorry, I'll let myself out)
Coach 08:46 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

I would be very curious to see how much % of the posters the board would lose if the powers-to-be decided to remove the DC, while maintaining the current zero-tolerance policy on political posts on the lounge. Basically just do away from politics.

I don't think it will kill the traffic, because this board has a lot of users. But I am aware that I don't have the evidence or numbers to prove that theory, and I am not privy to the conversations the mods/admins if they ever discussed that scenario.
WhiteWhale 08:46 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
LOL. No where have I defended Marxism. I *have* said, REPEATEDLY, that you morons have no idea what Marxism is, and if you had any clue what it actually was, you wouldn't clutch your pearls in fear whenever you hear the term(s) "trained Marxists" or "Marxism."
And I've told you I've read the man's books and understand how it ties to communism and fascism while fundamentally opposing base liberal values like property rights and individual sovereignty.

Which you consider 'right wing'

The problem isnt that I dont know what marxism is. YOU dont know what liberalism is.
OnTheWarpath15 08:52 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
I would be very curious to see how much % of the posters the board would lose if the powers-to-be decided to remove the DC, while maintaining the current zero-tolerance policy on political posts on the lounge. Basically just do away from politics.

I don't think it will kill the traffic, because this board has a lot of users. But I am aware that I don't have the evidence or numbers to prove that theory, and I am not privy to the conversations the mods/admins if they ever discussed that scenario.
There’s probably 40-50 people that would be affected. But they’ll never make that change, even though it would make the board a better place.
Bwana 08:54 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:

It's been bounced around. There are several "DC Only posters" that never leave the forum, ever. My suspicion is, several of them don't know what a football looks like.
patteeu 08:55 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
There’s probably 40-50 people that would be affected. But they’ll never make that change, even though it would make the board a better place.
There are plenty of other Chiefs boards and other social media sites these days. Instead of trying to make this one just like all the others, why not just try them out?
WhiteWhale 08:57 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
It's been bounced around. There are several "DC Only posters" that never leave the forum, ever. My suspicion is, several of them don't know what a football looks like.
Ironically the only reason I started posting there was because I got a bit tired of people telling me to kill myself over things like my belief that Brandon flowers was better than Terrence copper.

I actually found DC LESS hostile than the main forum back when KC was bad... or when every thread turned into an arguement about alex smith.

Hell, last year I bailed because this forum had a huge chris jones hate squad insisting he was THE problem with the defense.

Its annoying to argue with a dozen people all barfing out that kind of dumbassary
Rams Fan 08:58 PM 10-08-2020
Those people should be restricted as DC scum.

There’s also some who don’t contribute at all and don’t run away to their board without letting one contribute (looking at some one who’s username is similar to JacoTohn).
Bwana 08:59 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Ironically the only reason I started posting there was because I got a bit tired of people telling me to kill myself over my belief that Brandon flowers was better than Terrence copper.

I actually found DC LESS hostile.

Heh, how's that theory working for you today?
htismaqe 08:59 PM 10-08-2020
It all started on the KC Star board. It was, in fact, politics that led to the creation of CP in the first place.

The mods there took a heavy hand, not only moderation politics but moderating anybody that was against the heavy moderation.

The idea with DC was to have a sandbox where politics could exist but keep it walled off from the Lounge. I don't think anybody really anticipated that the vitriol of the 2000 election was a tiny snowflake compared to the avalanche that American politics is 20 years later.
srvy 08:59 PM 10-08-2020
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Have you ever had Italian Beef, with dip?

Shit slaps.
Oh hell yes that good stuff.
Page 38 of 57
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Up