ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 41
« First < 283435363738 394041 >
Media Center>Time again for a new phone
WilliamTheIrish 05:10 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by KevB:
They just released the Lollipop 5.1.1 update for the Note 4, and I've read a few good things on message boards. Is that the update you're referring to? Oh, and my carrier is Sprint and I'm not getting an iPhone. I prefer the Android experience for a number of reasons.
Yes, that update is to what he's referring. It ****ed my phone. It ****ed my wife's GS5 up too. Several months ago, after the update, I started getting popups on my phone. Then my wife's phone got the bad.

I deleted every app, reloaded them and in 24 hours had them again. SO we both went into Verizon and they told us its a security issue with the lollipop update. And that the patch to repair it will not be available until January.

Wife got a new S5 and seems to be okay.

I reset my phone that day. 40 days ago. Dumped everything. Reloaded only the apps I really need. Last week, the shit started again. Pissed me off. I'm going to have to get a new/refurb Note4.

If they have issues like this, I'm just going to go to apple in the future. Too bad, cause I really enjoyed the size and display on this phone.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:57 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Yes, that update is to what he's referring. It ****ed my phone. It ****ed my wife's GS5 up too. Several months ago, after the update, I started getting popups on my phone. Then my wife's phone got the bad.

I deleted every app, reloaded them and in 24 hours had them again. SO we both went into Verizon and they told us its a security issue with the lollipop update. And that the patch to repair it will not be available until January.

I reset my phone that day. 40 days ago. Dumped everything. Reloaded only the apps I really need. Last week, the shit started again. Pissed me off. I'm going to have to get a new/refurb Note4.

If they have issues like this, I'm just going to go to apple in the future. Too bad, cause I really enjoyed the size and display on this phone.
I don't get popups.....but my phone is just SUPER fucking slow. And apps crash all of the time now.
[Reply]
KevB 07:38 PM 08-06-2015
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:

They apparently just released 5.1.1 for Sprint Note 4 and I'm reading glowing reviews on XDA forums. No more lag, improved battery, etc. They're convincing me to go with the Note 4.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 03:59 PM 08-05-2015
Oh, and Fuck Apple.
[Reply]
Dartgod 03:28 PM 11-17-2015
Time to upgrade again. This time I'll likely be dumping Sprint for Verizon.

I'm looking for opinions on the carrier and phone options. Definitely going Android and looking at the Galaxy S6 or the LG G4. I'm not real keen on the idea of not being able to access the battery or add storage, so the S6 is lagging behind, IMO.

Any others I should look into?
[Reply]
jd1020 03:02 PM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by Dartgod:

I'm looking for opinions on the carrier and phone options. Definitely going Android and looking at the Galaxy S6 or the LG G4. I'm not real keen on the idea of not being able to access the battery or add storage, so the S6 is lagging behind, IMO.

If I was on Verizon I would upgrade to a Moto X Play (it's called a Droid something on Verizon). The Moto X with the 615 chip but a huge battery.

I would have upgraded from my LG G2 to that if it worked on AT&T's network but Verizon and Motorola have some kind of stupid ass relationship that the Droids are clones of other Motorola phones which wont be released to work on other US carrier frequencies.
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:25 PM 12-02-2015
Originally Posted by Dartgod:

So I ended up switching on Black Friday and got a pretty good deal. Ended up with Droid Turbo 2's for the wife and I. $200 off each phone and $300 each in credit for accessories. I got a ton of stuff. A set of Beats wireless headphones for my wife, with built in mic so she can use the phone with them. A 10" Ellipsis tablet with mobile data. It's not real high end, only 16GB and 1GB memory, but it was only $50. A bunch of other accessories, car chargers, cases, etc. And my monthly bill will go down about 40 bucks. Very pleased.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 03:39 PM 11-17-2015
I want the new Blackberry Priv. Looks like an Android with a physical keyboard
[Reply]
DaFace 04:22 PM 11-17-2015
If you're getting a carrier discount, they won't be an option, but I'm a big fan of the two new Nexus phones (5X and 6P).
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:02 PM 11-17-2015
Originally Posted by DaFace:
If you're getting a carrier discount, they won't be an option, but I'm a big fan of the two new Nexus phones (5X and 6P).
Is this the same thing?

http://www.verizonwireless.com/smart...oogle-nexus-6/
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 06:42 PM 11-17-2015
There's a new LG that just came out called the v10 that's very nice. I have the Samsung s6 edge plus which is the best phone I've ever had. All the newer Samsungs got rid of the removable battery and storage but it hasn't really affected me coming from a Note 4 really. The battery is very good and it has rapid charging
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 07:16 PM 11-17-2015
No, that's the older Nexus 6. 6p isn't out for Verizon yet, I don't think it will but you can buy it unlocked
[Reply]
DaFace 07:24 PM 11-17-2015
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
No, that's the older Nexus 6. 6p isn't out for Verizon yet, I don't think it will but you can buy it unlocked
Yeah, completely different phone. Unless things change, you won't be able to buy the 6P or 5X from Verizon directly, though you can buy from Google and activate it with Verizon.
[Reply]
kepp 08:03 AM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Yeah, completely different phone. Unless things change, you won't be able to buy the 6P or 5X from Verizon directly, though you can buy from Google and activate it with Verizon.
Check with them first though. I have a Nexus 5 and it won't work with Verizon.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:09 AM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by kepp:
Check with them first though. I have a Nexus 5 and it won't work with Verizon.
The new Nexus phones work with all U. S. carriers. The old ones were (mostly) carrier specific.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 41
« First < 283435363738 394041 >
Up