ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 163
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 03:24 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
They should, but they can’t take Iran lightly.
Iran looked very impressive on the counter against Wales. That is the biggest risk I think if the US doesn't jump on them really. Their front 3 were fast and aggressive.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:24 PM 11-25-2022
We will beat their butts!!!
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 03:25 PM 11-25-2022
Was watching the game and this Scottish guy at the bar sitting next to me was rooting for the U.S harder than American fans. He kept flipping off the TV whenever they’d show English fans. Awesome!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:26 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
As a casual observer I learned we don't have a world class striker. It's a big country, we really should find one.
Yeah it would seem out of 330+ million people we’d produce at least one. Just by the odds alone. But our guy from Penn looked as good as anyone on the English team.
[Reply]
jd1020 03:31 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah it would seem out of 330+ million people we’d produce at least one. Just by the odds alone. But our guy from Penn looked as good as anyone on the English team.
Problem is the way youth soccer in the USA is treated vs how it is treated elsewhere. The most successful teams in the world literally start training and paying for schooling of 8 year olds. Here in the US its shitty youth leagues where your average parent with an open schedule can "coach" a team. Plus it's just not a popular sport, so the poor sport of choice is basketball instead of soccer.
[Reply]
Danguardace 03:38 PM 11-25-2022
Well done USA deserved to win the game.

From an Englishman
[Reply]
JPH83 03:41 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Danguardace:

From an Englishman
Yeah same. We were s**t, you deserved to win, good luck for Iran
[Reply]
Eleazar 03:41 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Danguardace:

From an Englishman
Good luck the rest of the way :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:42 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:
I didn't talk trash. I ridiculed someone for being a mong. You played well and we played shit and I said it was disappointing. However, this result is clearly better for us whatever way you look at it and it's obvious that our negative manager set us up not to lose. I wish we'd played to win but we picked the conservative option. I accept it and move on.
Shut up you limey faggot
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:47 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Problem is the way youth soccer in the USA is treated vs how it is treated elsewhere. The most successful teams in the world literally start training and paying for schooling of 8 year olds. Here in the US its shitty youth leagues where your average parent with an open schedule can "coach" a team. Plus it's just not a popular sport, so the poor sport of choice is basketball instead of soccer.
Yeah it would seem athletes like Hill, Hardman, Toney etc would make great soccer players. Fast, turn on a dime and get back up to full speed quickly.

Hills making $150 million but don’t the top 20 in soccer make that kind of money?
[Reply]
Womble 03:49 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Shut up you limey bundle of sticks
Must suck to have no money mate. PM me if you want a few of my English pounds you tramp.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:54 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:
Must suck to have no money mate. PM me if you want a few of my English pounds you tramp.
I'll send you a request after I shag your mother
[Reply]
Womble 04:00 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I'll send you a request after I shag your mother
You into necrophilia champ?
[Reply]
BWillie 04:11 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah it would seem athletes like Hill, Hardman, Toney etc would make great soccer players. Fast, turn on a dime and get back up to full speed quickly.

Hills making $150 million but don’t the top 20 in soccer make that kind of money?
The more I watch soccer, the more a realize being a really good athlete doesn't even matter that much.
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:14 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The more I watch soccer, the more a realize being a really good athlete doesn't even matter that much.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 38 of 163
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up