ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 432
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
George Liquor 01:55 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
KU fan has bad memories of Arizona making the Jayhawks cry. They don’t talk about it.
I'm a kansas fan. I just never get the crap shoot comparison.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:56 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Can we just ban this obvious troll
I added him to my ignore list. Roo is usually good for some laughs due to his inferiority, but the bitter taint of his posts just doesn't have the same ring this year.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:57 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Only Kansas fans say the tournament is a crap shoot. Look at the past 20 years of ncaa tournament champions and find the outliers.

Uconn in 14, maybe Syracuse in 03 and Uconn in 11? Good teams consistently win the tournament.
The percentage of top 4 teams winning the tournament is really low compared to other leagues, and that's not even considering the number of 1 seeds that don't even make it to the semifinals.

2 seeds are also upsets... wouldn't it be an upset if the 5th-8th seeded teams in other sports won a championship? It has been in the NFL, where one of the top 4 teams win the SB 75% of the time.

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I dunno, 64% (of NCs are a 1 seed) seems kind of low when you're talking about the top 4 teams in the country.

The top 4 in the NFL win the SB about 75% of the time, by comparison. And of course up until the bye week change, the system was built for the best teams to win, as opposed to March Madness.

[Reply]
George Liquor 01:57 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Crap shoot might be too strong, but unpredictable. Everybody expected 2015 Kentucky to win it all. Nobody expected them to get Peacocked last year. Did that mean those teams weren't good?

If there were a series like in the NBA, KU would probably have several more titles.

As is, there are only a few schools that have more titles in the modern era. Just shows how good they've been that people expect more.
Good post. I agree. Crap shoot to me always implies completely random. Iowa State and WSU are never winning it.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 02:27 PM 11-03-2022
Who cares where he lives? Your program cheats. Period. Probably more than KU, since KU actually has something to offer players.

Funny how fans of midmajors always think their coaches are amazing for having a little glimmer of success without hyped recruiting classes. Then they move up the ladder and don't do shit. Self, on the other hand, has killed it at every level, including taking Tulsa deep into the tourney.
Listen dummy that’s not what any of this convo is about. It’s about Self cheating and also under performing with ridiculous talent throughout the years.

Let’s end this. I’ll say that KU is an elite basketball program and is a true blue blood. They are. You guys admit Self cheated. Because he did.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:32 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
You guys sold a DVD for winning a regular season game

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab...uctioning.html
Incredible game. Beaz and Walker were as advertised. . And Jake drove and dished hit 10/10 FT’s.

Ended the streak.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 02:33 PM 11-03-2022
Listen dummy that’s not what any of this convo is about. It’s about Self cheating and also under performing with ridiculous talent throughout the years.

Let’s end this. I’ll say that KU is an elite basketball program and is a true blue blood. They are. You guys admit Self cheated. Because he did.

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:35 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
IT’S OKAY THAT WE PAID OUR PLAYERS BECAUSE THEY GREW UP TO BE GROWN MEN
:-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:12 PM 11-03-2022

I'm a dummy for responding to what you said? :-)

Sure, it was irrelevant, but you started rambling about Marshall being the best coach in KS, so I commented on it.

Self hasn't had ridiculous talent relative to other top programs. In fact, he's been way behind Duke, Kentucky and UNC in that dept. Obviously he's underachieved at times in the tourney, but every program that is consistently a high seed is going to have upsets. It's the nature of the tourney. He's also overachieved at times. '22 KU, from a recruiting rankings standpoint, was the least talented team to win it all since recruiting rankings have been available. Only a couple top 100 players in the rotation.

If you want to call Self a cheater, go ahead. But if you admit that Wichita cheated too, then why are you pointing the finger?

All of this cheating talk and finger pointing is so stupid when you get down to it. If people didn't already understand how common it is for players to get paid (or receive other benefits), then at the very least, the FBI probe should have opened their eyes. Practically every major conference program (plus some midmajors like Wichita St) were implicated in the probe.

Yet people still pretend like this is something rare that provides a huge advantage to a few individuals.

If KU/Self were actually cheating more than other schools, why have they had so many recruiting failures over the years? Even before the recruiting hit during the probe, Self has whiffed and whiffed and whiffed. Far more so than other top coaches. He rarely gets his top choices. Yet he coaches for one of the top programs in the country, gets a lot of players to the NBA, offers tons of exposure, and arguably the best venue in the game.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 03:20 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I'm a kansas fan. I just never get the crap shoot comparison.
You’re right it’s not a crap shoot. It’s a crutch used by the weak minded. Good on you for saying you don’t buy it.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 03:27 PM 11-03-2022
I'm a dummy for responding to what you said? :-)

Sure, it was irrelevant, but you started rambling about Marshall being the best coach in KS, so I commented on it.

Self hasn't had ridiculous talent relative to other top programs. In fact, he's been way behind Duke, Kentucky and UNC in that dept. Obviously he's underachieved at times in the tourney, but every program that is consistently a high seed is going to have upsets. It's the nature of the tourney. He's also overachieved at times. '22 KU, from a recruiting rankings standpoint, was the least talented team to win it all since recruiting rankings have been available. Only a couple top 100 players in the rotation.

If you want to call Self a cheater, go ahead. But if you admit that Wichita cheated too, then why are you pointing the finger?

All of this cheating talk and finger pointing is so stupid when you get down to it. If people didn't already understand how common it is for players to get paid (or receive other benefits), then at the very least, the FBI probe should have opened their eyes. Practically every major conference program (plus some midmajors like Wichita St) were implicated in the probe.

Yet people still pretend like this is something rare that provides a huge advantage to a few individuals.

If KU/Self were actually cheating more than other schools, why have they had so many recruiting failures over the years? Even before the recruiting hit during the probe, Self has whiffed and whiffed and whiffed. Far more so than other top coaches. He rarely gets his top choices. Yet he coaches for one of the top programs in the country, gets a lot of players to the NBA, offers tons of exposure, and arguably the best venue in the game.

KU has put itself on double secret probation. It’s running as a scroll on national television. WSU, other schools? I don’t see anyone else doing this. It’s an admission of guilt. Self is a cheater, he admits it.

I don’t get this deity worship some parts of KU’s base has with Self. He’s under performed over time based on talent. Now if you want to say the Big 12 isn’t as good as everyone says it has been historically that’s another conversation all together. KU fan can’t have it both ways. So which is it?
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:35 PM 11-03-2022
The question retards never answer though is how many NCs Kansas is "supposed to" have.

Since Self was hired...

UConn - 3
UNC - 3
Duke - 2
Villanova - 2
Kentucky - 1

So... 1 more over 2 decades would tie Self at the top. Are we saying KU is o much more talented than the field, they should have more than 3?
[Reply]
PHOG 03:39 PM 11-03-2022
:-)
[Reply]
Lzen 03:42 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The question reeruns never answer though is how many NCs Kansas is "supposed to" have.

Since Self was hired...

UConn - 3
UNC - 3
Duke - 2
Villanova - 2
Kentucky - 1

So... 1 more over 2 decades would tie Self at the top. Are we saying KU is o much more talented than the field, they should have more than 3?
But that would take thoughtfulness and logic. Those are two things that I don't think a certain WSU troll is even capable.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:43 PM 11-03-2022
I can’t read and I have memory loss issues. Can anyone tell me who won the 2022 NCAA Men’s basketball championship??
[Reply]
Page 38 of 432
« First < 283435363738 394041424888138 > Last »
Up