ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3761 of 4916
« First < 2761326136613711375137573758375937603761 376237633764376537713811386142614761 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:15 PM 01-03-2023
Russiepoo can ballout against Pimples and show his worth to the hometown crowd. Let his cry echo like in an empty canyon!
[Reply]
RunKC 12:27 PM 01-03-2023
Whatever coach gets to Denver will realize before they sign pen to paper that the Chiefs average 12 wins with Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes. The odds of winning the division are very low unless one of Andy/Patrick are not there anymore.

Then you have a good Chargers roster with a legit top 5 QB talent.

It’s an extremely difficult uphill battle and it doesn’t help at all that the Broncos roster is deficient in talent and won’t have cap space after this next season.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:12 PM 01-03-2023
Yeah, it will be interesting to see how this coaching search goes.

I don't know who the right target should be... definitely would like to find a proven former HC rather than another experiment, but not sure Sean Payton or Harbaugh makes sense. Payton will cost so much in compensation (outside salary, which honestly matters little to me because it's not a cap thing) and Harbaugh, I dunno.

Harbaugh took over a perennial loser @ SF and turned them around quick. I haven't researched why/how that really happened. Jim leaves after 3 strong years and an 8-8 season and SF falls to crap again.

I'm not going to stress too much at this point and just see how it goes.

Admittedly, sure Payton is an interesting hire, but I just don't see it as likely.
[Reply]
TEX 01:56 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:

I don't know who the right target should be... definitely would like to find a proven former HC rather than another experiment, but not sure Sean Payton or Harbaugh makes sense. Payton will cost so much in compensation (outside salary, which honestly matters little to me because it's not a cap thing) and Harbaugh, I dunno.

Harbaugh took over a perennial loser @ SF and turned them around quick. I haven't researched why/how that really happened. Jim leaves after 3 strong years and an 8-8 season and SF falls to crap again.

Admittedly, sure Payton is an interesting hire, but I just don't see it as likely.
My bet is Dan Quinn. The only reason why a top coach would do it is for the potential BIG $$$. It's not that great of a gig with all the baggage currently in place.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:27 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
What if everyone else isn't as afraid of Mahomes as you think they are?

What if Russ isn't as bad as you think he is?

Russ was not bothered at all by Mahomes and Herbert being in the division. Andrew Brandt said that Rodgers would've looked forward to going against them.

Harbaugh would've taken the Raider job last year if they didn't choose McDaniels. McDaniels, by the way, was notoriously picky and still chose to come to the AFC West.

Russ is too tone deaf and too stupid to save him from himself.

If I’m Harbaugh, I’d much rather work with a clean slate in Vegas
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:34 PM 01-03-2023
:-) Now Tepper and Harbaugh are meeting about the Panthers job.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:44 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:

The situation reminds me a lot of the Chiefs' situation several years back. Clark Hunt took over as a new(ish) owner and we hired a second-in-command veteran as GM (Scott Pioli), who brought on an unproven rookie head coach from a successful offense as the coach (Todd Haley). It was a spectacular failure.

In the Chiefs' case, they retrenched and hired a Hall of Fame coach who just happened to come available (Andy Reid), and then drafted a Hall of Fame best-ever quarterback (Patrick Mahomes II).

So the broncos have a cookbook. All they need to do is find a Hall of Fame coach and draft a Hall of Fame MVP quarterback.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:45 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Makes sense. He'll have free reign over the roster, a fan base that's probably onboard to nuke the team if that means finding success, and he gets to set up in a pathetic division that's open for the taking.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 03:19 PM 01-03-2023
To help the club, Russell Wilson will throw the ball and Head Coach too. Additional salary can be offset with latter considerations
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:59 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
The situation reminds me a lot of the Chiefs' situation several years back. Clark Hunt took over as a new(ish) owner and we hired a second-in-command veteran as GM (Scott Pioli), who brought on an unproven rookie head coach from a successful offense as the coach (Todd Haley). It was a spectacular failure.

In the Chiefs' case, they retrenched and hired a Hall of Fame coach who just happened to come available (Andy Reid), and then drafted a Hall of Fame best-ever quarterback (Patrick Mahomes II).

So the broncos have a cookbook. All they need to do is find a Hall of Fame coach and draft a Hall of Fame MVP quarterback.
That's been my thought as well... easy peasy.
[Reply]
TEX 04:29 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
KnowMo is about to get "Aaron Rodgered" again. The only bad thing is it will be over quickly this time. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 05:41 PM 01-03-2023
Please please please give Harbaugh $20 million a year. I beg you. This would be a Gruden level disaster in the making :-)

Colin Cowherd on Jim Harbaugh and the Denver Broncos: https://t.co/1MX0TqDTLB pic.twitter.com/MzNFeQBiD2

— Michael ���� (@Bronco_Hater) January 3, 2023

[Reply]
JimNasium 05:57 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
To help the club, Russell Wilson will throw the ball and Head Coach too. Additional salary can be offset with latter considerations
He needs a bigger office.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:10 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Please please please give Harbaugh $20 million a year. I beg you. This would be a Gruden level disaster in the making :-)

There’s no salary cap on coaches.

Big Dick Penner can afford to pay Andy Reid more money to be his OC than Clark Hunt can to be his HC. :-)
[Reply]
PHOG 06:16 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
There’s no salary cap on coaches.

Big Dick Penner can afford to pay Andy Reid more money to be his OC than Clark Hunt can to be his HC. :-)
That's the ONLY way they would get anyone to coach that dogturd of a team.

Edit: Horseturd of a team....Horseturd.
[Reply]
Page 3761 of 4916
« First < 2761326136613711375137573758375937603761 376237633764376537713811386142614761 > Last »
Up