ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 376 of 2694
« First < 276326366372373374375376 3773783793803864264768761376 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
penbrook 12:01 PM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
ESPN: Patrick Mahomes does well under adverse weather conditions --> http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city...her-conditions
This is a Teicher article. Either you hate him or love him.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:02 PM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
This is a Teicher article. Either you hate him or love him.
It's not subjective. He's using stats and facts in that article. It doesn't matter who wrote it.
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:13 PM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Best case Alex does good enough to allow 2PM to mature slowly.

He needs the Aaron Rodgers treatment...
But Patrick isn't maturing slowly he is catching on rapidly and making a case for himself that he doesn't need a full year to sit on the bench. He is doing that in practice daily and I suspect success in preseason to back that up.

Why hold back someone who "gets it"?
[Reply]
wazu 01:31 PM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
But Patrick isn't maturing slowly he is catching on rapidly and making a case for himself that he doesn't need a full year to sit on the bench. He is doing that in practice daily and I suspect success in preseason to back that up.

Why hold back someone who "gets it"?
Exactly. Gotta leave open the possibility. The Chiefs best window of opportunity for a championship is Mahomes rookie contract. If he really needs a year okay, but if he is the prodigy he's looked like in camp then get him on the field in 2017.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:52 PM 08-05-2017
6 days to go
[Reply]
penbrook 01:54 PM 08-05-2017
What if Mahomes has a season ending injury during pre season?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:57 PM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by wazu:
Exactly. Gotta leave open the possibility. The Chiefs best window of opportunity for a championship is Mahomes rookie contract. If he really needs a year okay, but if he is the prodigy he's looked like in camp then get him on the field in 2017.
You make a good point about the rookie contract--however, I don't think it really goes into effect until Smith's contract is off the books (likely next Winter). When that happens, we will be using the extra cap savings to bolster other positions.

I think at this point we just kinda have to trust Reid to play Mahomes when the time is right.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:58 PM 08-05-2017
What is wrong with you? As if there is any solid answer to that question?

You want that to happen, that's the sad part.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:00 PM 08-05-2017
Why would you ask such a stupid fucking question?
[Reply]
TLO 02:02 PM 08-05-2017
WTF :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:06 PM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
You make a good point about the rookie contract--however, I don't think it really goes into effect until Smith's contract is off the books (likely next Winter). When that happens, we will be using the extra cap savings to bolster other positions.

I think at this point we just kinda have to trust Reid to play Mahomes when the time is right.
I don't think Alex Smith contract has anything to do with Patrick rookie contract. If he doesn't play in year two then the Chiefs would have roughly two years to decide if he deserves a longer contract and his first year playing will be his rookie esk season. So prolonging the inevitable for him to start is ridiculous at best.

I don't get why people want to waist talent on the field and make a guy sit longer than necessary and hold a guy and team back from marvelous things?

There is 0 reason to sit Mahomes next year and he is pushing himself to be ready this year so I won't be surprised he gets opportunity this year.
[Reply]
milkman 02:07 PM 08-05-2017
He will be sitting and learning while on the injured list this year, which is what he will be doing without the injury anyway.

So, no problem.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:14 PM 08-05-2017
Why would you ask such a stupid fucking question?
Odd source of inquiry, considering you have a running tab of 1000+ straight posts either praying for or anticipating Smith's injury.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:21 PM 08-05-2017
I don't get why people want to waist talent on the field and make a guy sit longer than necessary and hold a guy and team back from marvelous things?

There is 0 reason to sit Mahomes next year and he is pushing himself to be ready this year so I won't be surprised he gets opportunity this year.
It's all on the coaching staff to get the timing right. One thing though, is if Mahomes gets to where he is consistently outplaying Smith in practice and perhaps preseason, other players will take notice. That's when the vets will expect the coaches to make a change.

Right now, I would prefer Mahomes get a little seasoning on the bench to learn from the scout team. That's what I expect, too.

But if Andy decides to play the kid soon, I won't feel too bad. He is surrounded by a lot of talent and would be assisted by a very good defense.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:23 PM 08-05-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Odd source of inquiry, considering you have a running tab of 1000+ straight posts either praying for or anticipating Smith's injury.
I don't wish injury upon Alex Smith I hope he stays healthy I've said if/when he gets hurt but I don't wish it, he has history of being injury prone his latest was concussions last year. Also Patrick Mahomes is our future quarterback once he takes the field Chiefs wont look back.

Also I don't have a running straight tab on Smith injury inquiry I've been talking about my experience at training camp and even have said as much Alex will need to keep his job so Patrick can learn this year. I've said Alex is stepping it up to keep his job as Patrick is zeroing in on him.
[Reply]
Page 376 of 2694
« First < 276326366372373374375376 3773783793803864264768761376 > Last »
Up