ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 375 of 469
« First < 275325365371372373374375 376377378379385425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:17 AM 09-06-2022
Made it very difficult to go to school that next day. Thought for SURE, after that 3 run HR by Brett (320 feet maybe) in the top of the 8th, the Royals were going to the WS.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 10:21 AM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Complications of open heart surgery. That’s just a shame. I really hate seeing my boyhood/young man heroes moving to the next realm.

If that game had used replay, the Royals would still be batting in the top of the 9th. Because AC was a safe AF @ 2nd base on a force play.
Like Wilson was safe at 3B on a steal attempt in Game 4 of the 1978 ALCS. Would've scored on McRae's flyball. Royals lost 2-1.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 10:54 AM 09-06-2022
Has anyone heard any rumors about MJ Melendez being in Matheny's doghouse? Read a couple things where people were wondering why he wasn't in the line up for a couple of games. No one said it was because he was in the doghouse but no one knew why?
[Reply]
cabletech94 11:35 AM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
Has anyone heard any rumors about MJ Melendez being in Matheny's doghouse? Read a couple things where people were wondering why he wasn't in the line up for a couple of games. No one said it was because he was in the doghouse but no one knew why?
I think it’s caused Matheny is a butt-fucking moran. But I’m just a frustrated fan.

#Matheny’d.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:43 AM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Complications of open heart surgery. That’s just a shame. I really hate seeing my boyhood/young man heroes moving to the next realm.

If that game had used replay, the Royals would still be batting in the top of the 9th. Because AC was a safe AF @ 2nd base on a force play.
Always fun to think about applying replay to past games.

Cardinals fans like to do it with Game 6 in 1985 (but don't want to talk about a certain Royals baserunner being called out at second earlier in the game, when replay showed him clearly safe, and the next batter hit a single to RF that surely would have scored him).
[Reply]
DJJasonp 11:50 AM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by myselff77:
Best athlete to wear the uniform since Carlos Beltran.
wait? are you implying that Beltran was a better athlete than Bo???
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:17 PM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Always fun to think about applying replay to past games.

Cardinals fans like to do it with Game 6 in 1985 (but don't want to talk about a certain Royals baserunner being called out at second earlier in the game, when replay showed him clearly safe, and the next batter hit a single to RF that surely would have scored him).
BFIBs don’t even know Orta was thrown out at 3rd on Sundberg’s bad sac bunt. They have this idea Orta ended up scoring but he was erased and so the call didn’t even factor into the outcome.

Looking at the WPAs for that game. Orta being safe increases our odds from 20% to 33%. His force out dropped them 18%. So mathematically, it was more devastating. The thing that did them in was the Passed ball by Porter that moved Balboni and Sundberg into scoring pos.

Most BFIBs are dumb people tho so they always stare blankly when you inform them of the Orta outcome
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:53 PM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
BFIBs don’t even know Orta was thrown out at 3rd on Sundberg’s bad sac bunt. They have this idea Orta ended up scoring but he was erased and so the call didn’t even factor into the outcome.

Looking at the WPAs for that game. Orta being safe increases our odds from 20% to 33%. His force out dropped them 18%. So mathematically, it was more devastating. The thing that did them in was the Passed ball by Porter that moved Balboni and Sundberg into scoring pos.

Most BFIBs are dumb people tho so they always stare blankly when you inform them of the Orta outcome
The Cards never got the second out in the inning.

Plus, if a blown call at first to lead off an inning results in your stud closer giving up a hit to the worst 0-2 hitter in baseball, or dropping a pop foul, or having a passed ball, then you ain't a champion anyway.

EDIT: I should've said ''AND," not "or."
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 12:56 PM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
I think he's saying he's on par with Beltran, seeing as Beltran was more recent. He's not saying anything about Bo.
[Reply]
DanT 01:29 PM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I missed yesterday that Mark Littell died. RIP.
I missed that, too. He was a very memorable player and personality. I somehow became a Facebook friend of his and there one can see that he touched a lot of lives for the better.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:37 PM 09-06-2022

Plus, if a blown call at first to lead off an inning results in your stud closer giving up a hit to the worst 0-2 hitter in baseball, or dropping a pop foul, or having a passed ball, then you ain't a champion anyway.
They also had runners at 2&3 with two outs in the 9th after they scored to make it 1-0. Quiz came jn for Leibrandt and got a ground ball to end it. If it is hit up the middle or either hole it’s 3-0 and it’s all over. They had many chances to close the game out and failed

TLDR: if the BFIBs ever want to see what the 85 WS trophy looks like they can drive out to the K and see it in person
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:50 PM 09-06-2022

EDIT: I should've said ''AND," not "or."
I still have a Polaroid of me, in February of 1986, while moving through the clubhouse to see my 1st WS trophy, and then out through the dugout, standing in the exact spot where Jack Clark stood that moment, and looked up into the beautiful October night sky and saw a baseball and his own fallen star.

He didn’t catch that one either. :-)
[Reply]
myselff77 03:06 PM 09-06-2022
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Definitely no comparison to Bo. However, Beltran was a very good athlete (especially in the first half of his career) and I would include in any discussion on best athletes to play for the Royals.

So my post was only in reference to there has been another very good athlete since Bo. I’d say BWJ is more similar in athletic nature to Beltran than the once in my lifetime Uber athlete that is Bo Jackson.

On a side note, Bo would spend a significant amount of time signing autographs by the players parking lot after games back in the day at the peak of his stardom. I still have an autographed ball and card. He would hang around, tugging his son around with, signing while many other players wouldn’t sign at all or quickly sign for one or two people and be on their way. Now as an adult, I appreciate that even more about Bo. Great athlete and person.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:58 PM 09-06-2022
I missed yesterday that Mark Littell died. RIP.

Missed that too.

RIP Thank God I’m a Country Boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
poolboy 04:48 PM 09-06-2022
Almost Bobby time
[Reply]
Page 375 of 469
« First < 275325365371372373374375 376377378379385425 > Last »
Up