ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 372 of 727
« First < 272322362368369370371372 373374375376382422472 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Conference re-alignment thread
Saulbadguy 07:57 AM 09-12-2011
The old one has AIDS.

Anyways, Chip Brown from Orangebloods.com reports OU may apply to the Pac-12 by the end of the month.

Oklahoma will apply for membership to the Pac-12 before the end of the month, and Oklahoma State is expected to follow suit, a source close to OU's administration told Orangebloods.com.

Even though Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott said Friday the Pac-12 was not interested in expansion at this time, OU's board of regents is fed up with the instability in the Big 12, the source said.

The OU board of regents will meet within two weeks to formalize plans to apply for membership to the Pac-12, the source said.

Messages left Sunday night with OU athletic director Joe Castiglione and Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder were not immediately returned.

If OU follows through with what appears to be a unanimous sentiment on the seven-member Oklahoma board of regents to leave the Big 12, realignment in college athletics could be heating back up. OU's application would be matched by an application from Oklahoma State, the source said, even though OSU president Burns Hargis and mega-booster Boone Pickens both voiced their support for the Big 12 last Thursday.

There is differing sentiment about if the Pac-12 presidents and chancellors are ready to expand again after bringing in Colorado and Utah last year and landing $3 billion TV contracts from Fox and ESPN. Colorado president Bruce Benson told reporters last week CU would be opposed to any expansion that might bring about east and west divisions in the Pac-12.

Currently, there are north and south divisions in the Pac-12. If OU and OSU were to join, Larry Scott would have to get creative.

Scott's orginal plan last summer was to bring in Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and put them in an eastern division with Arizona and Arizona State. The old Pac-8 schools (USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State) were to be in the west division.

Colorado made the move in June 2010, but when Texas A&M was not on board to go west, the Big 12 came back together with the help of its television partners (ABC/ESPN and Fox).

If Oklahoma and Oklahoma State were accepted into the Pac-12, there would undoubtedly be a hope by Larry Scott that Texas would join the league. But Texas sources have indicated UT is determined to hang onto the Longhorn Network, which would not be permissible in the Pac-12 in its current form.

Texas sources continue to indicate to Orangebloods.com that if the Big 12 falls apart, the Longhorns would consider "all options."

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe held an emergency conference call 10 days ago with league presidents excluding Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M and asked the other league presidents to "work on Texas" because Beebe didn't think the Pac-12 would take Oklahoma without Texas.

Now, it appears OU is willing to take its chances with the Pac-12 with or without Texas.

There seemed to be a temporary pause in any possible shifting of the college athletics' landscape when Baylor led a charge to tie up Texas A&M's move to the Southeastern Conference in legal red tape. BU refused to waive its right to sue the SEC over A&M's departure from the Big 12, and the SEC said it would not admit Texas A&M until it had been cleared of any potential lawsuits.

Baylor, Kansas and Iowa State have indicated they will not waive their right to sue the SEC.

It's unclear if an application by OU to the Pac-12 would draw the same threats of litigation against the Pac-12 from those Big 12 schools.

Stay tuned.
[Reply]
Pants 11:36 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by eazyb81:
What words get put in your mouth? "Well bye"?

KU and KSU fans clearly care about Mizzou leaving. If you were apathetic there wouldn't be more KU/KSU fans posting in this thread than Mizzou fans.
I care about conference realignment. Is this the official MU thread? I'm sorry, I wasn't aware, I thought it was called "New Conference Re-Alignment Thread." I'm very interested to see what happens to my conference, whether that involves MU staying or MU leaving.

And yes, when you post stupid shit like "KU FAN SAYZ: BLAHBITTY BLAH BLAH" you're putting words into my mouth by ascribing the opinions of other KU fans (like HHG and Stewie) to me.
[Reply]
Pants 10-19-2011, 11:37 AM
This message has been deleted by Pants.
Saul Good 11:38 AM 10-19-2011
Of the 8 members with the most posts in this thread about Mizzou bolting to the SEC, only half of them are KU/KSU fans. This proves that KU/KSU fan doesn't care.
[Reply]
evenfall 11:39 AM 10-19-2011
I don't see why post counts mean anything. KU fans aren't just here talking about Missouri. They are talking about what the Big 12 will look like afterward, how stable the Big 12 is, how trustworthy Texas and OU are, how vitually any school would be an upgrade over any of the schools that have left, how lucrative the next tv deal will be... There is plenty of non-rivalry talk. It's not like this is an MU only subject
[Reply]
eazyb81 11:41 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
You're right. KU & KSU are more invested in this thread than the first thread....it's like a secondary thread.
Nice to see you own up to it.
[Reply]
eazyb81 11:43 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Pants:
I care about conference realignment. Is this the official MU thread? I'm sorry, I wasn't aware, I thought it was called "New Conference Re-Alignment Thread." I'm very interested to see what happens to my conference, whether that involves MU staying or MU leaving.

And yes, when you posted stupid shit like "KU FAN SAYZ: BLAHBITTY BLAH BLAH" you're putting words into my mouth by ascribing the opinions of other KU fans (like HHG and Stewie) to me.
Um, yes, this basically is the Mizzou to SEC thread. What was the last piece of news in here about the Big 12 or any other conference that actually got some discussion going?

Dude, just own it. You desperately care about Mizzou leaving. Big bro is leaving, that has to be an emotional hit. Real men cry pants.
[Reply]
Pants 11:46 AM 10-19-2011
Um, yes, this basically is the Mizzou to SEC thread. What was the last piece of news in here about the Big 12 or any other conference that actually got some discussion going?

Dude, just own it. You desperately care about Mizzou leaving. Big bro is leaving, that has to be an emotional hit. Real men cry pants.
I'm pretty sure the Big East has been discussed in this thread. I'm also pretty sure Air Force and BYU and Louisville and Cincinnati and TCU have been discussed in this thread.

I think the last actual piece of news instead of some random writer's opinion was actually the addition of TCU to the B12. I could be wrong.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:46 AM 10-19-2011
Nice to see you own up to it.
Like I said, I'll enjoy my conference championships & national championship talk in a secondary sport.....you enjoy whatever it is that MU fans get excited about? Insight.com bowl maybe?
[Reply]
Saul Good 11:50 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Pants:
I'm pretty sure the Big East has been discussed in this thread. I'm also pretty sure Air Force and BYU and Louisville and Cincinnati and TCU have been discussed in this thread.

I think the last actual piece of news instead of some random writer's opinion was actually the addition of TCU to the B12. I could be wrong.
Yeah, TCU and Air Force talk is burning up this thread. Mostly, KU fans just want the latest AFA rumors.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:50 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by evenfall:
I don't see why post counts mean anything. KU fans aren't just here talking about Missouri. They are talking about what the Big 12 will look like afterward, how stable the Big 12 is, how trustworthy Texas and OU are, how vitually any school would be an upgrade over any of the schools that have left, how lucrative the next tv deal will be... There is plenty of non-rivalry talk. It's not like this is an MU only subject
Jealous butthu-wait, what?

This post contains none of the following:
- Misleading or false statistics
- Hyperbole
- 4 year old trash talk
- Otherwise trollish behavior

Please try again before you send this thread into a downward spiral of logic and intelligent conversation that it could not possibly recover. kthxbye.
[Reply]
evenfall 11:51 AM 10-19-2011

It's obvious they will miss beating up on MU in basketball. "I don't care" is dumb, "I don't care that much" is true. It doesn't affect basketball that much. They will be fine with their rivals OU and Texas and the conference Punch and Judy lineup. They will just drive to OKC or DFW for the conference tourney instead of KC. This is the basketball-centric perspective. I believe them when they say that they don't care if MU leaves because it doesn't affect basketball that much.
[Reply]
Pants 11:54 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
Yeah, TCU and Air Force talk is burning up this thread. Mostly, KU fans just want the latest AFA rumors.
Wait you're saying that MU is being discussed more in this thread than TCU and Air Force? I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that there are actually MU fans present in the thread?
[Reply]
patteeu 11:56 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I count two KU fans in the top ten...

User Name Posts
Saul Good 417
Wickedson 343
eazyb81 324
|Zach| 271
mnchiefsguy 229
Pants 218
alnorth 178
Saulbadguy 153
frazod 151
DeezNutz 145
Three
[Reply]
Saul Good 11:57 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Like I said, I'll enjoy my conference championships & national championship talk in a secondary sport.....you enjoy whatever it is that MU fans get excited about? Insight.com bowl maybe?
At least you won't have to worry about suffering the indignity of playing in a crappy bowl. You're like a guy in the unemployment line making fun of the security guard for not being a real cop.
[Reply]
Pants 11:58 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
At least you won't have to worry about suffering the indignity of playing in a crappy bowl. You're like a guy in the unemployment line making fun of the security guard for not being a real cop.
I'd make fun of that guy if he was acting like a real cop, though. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:58 AM 10-19-2011
Originally Posted by evenfall:
It's obvious they will miss beating up on MU in basketball. "I don't care" is dumb, "I don't care that much" is true. It doesn't affect basketball that much. They will be fine with their rivals OU and Texas and the conference Punch and Judy lineup. They will just drive to OKC or DFW for the conference tourney instead of KC. This is the basketball-centric perspective. I believe them when they say that they don't care if MU leaves because it doesn't affect basketball that much.
There you go again...

The superior team isn't going to care. MU football has bigger things to worry about besides possibly getting upset in KU's Superbowl at Arrowhead. KU basketball has bigger things to worry about besides getting upset in Columbia on the last weekend of the season or in the Big 12 Tournament. If KU football is ever relevant again and they find themselves playing ISU and MO State every week while MU is a top 15 school playing Alabama and LSU, then sure, I'll envy that... I envy just about every football program out there these days. Except Northern Illinois. We got you good!
[Reply]
Page 372 of 727
« First < 272322362368369370371372 373374375376382422472 > Last »
Up