ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3719 of 4909
« First < 2719321936193669370937153716371737183719 372037213722372337293769381942194719 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:42 PM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Denver has SF's 1st. I'd prefer they use that on a player over Payton.
Gonna be basically a second when it all shakes out. Do you REALLY think Payton would want to go deal with what’s going on in Dungver? You trade your first (that you need immensely) for a coach who has no way to fill out that roster? I mean you’re gonna have to trade away the little talent you have to obtain picks, because you’re hamstrung to a bottom 1/3 quarterback for another 3 years. Payton is SURELY gonna want part of a complete rebuild, with a GM who’s done nothing but make blunder after blunder. Sounds like a winning proposition if I’ve ever heard one!
[Reply]
gold_and_red 07:46 PM 12-26-2022
So this self-entitled franchise for seven years has believed that they are just a QB away? It worked when they were greasing jerseys, playing the salary cap and taking HGH.
How many GMs, HCs and players have they lost because they couldn't recreate that cheating culture? The sooner they realize that they have to build their team the right way the better their prospects are to finish in 3rd place for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:00 PM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The quote was, "Franchise CBs are harder to find than Franchise QBs." I'm not kidding.
:-) Clearly. Glad they are a SB contender because of Surtain. It’s gone be funnier when they vastly overpay him to retain him or watch him walk while not providing any return on investment.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:06 PM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Gonna be basically a second when it all shakes out. Do you REALLY think Payton would want to go deal with what’s going on in Dungver? You trade your first (that you need immensely) for a coach who has no way to fill out that roster? I mean you’re gonna have to trade away the little talent you have to obtain picks, because you’re hamstrung to a bottom 1/3 quarterback for another 3 years. Payton is SURELY gonna want part of a complete rebuild, with a GM who’s done nothing but make blunder after blunder. Sounds like a winning proposition if I’ve ever heard one!
I also think Payton is overrated. He had some very talented teams along with an elite franchise QB in his prime and had one SB appearance and win. Somehow he will lead a team with far less talent, especially at the QB position and minimal premium draft picks to the promised land in the AFCW? Yeah, sure he would want this Broncos job.
[Reply]
MagicHef 08:10 PM 12-26-2022
Did you read my post? I don't want to trade anything for Payton, which means I don't want Payton. Obviously the Saints are not going to let him get away for nothing.
[Reply]
CanadaKC 08:11 PM 12-26-2022
The best part of the draft will be when Pete Carroll goes to the podium with the 3rd overall pick…giving his trademark grin to Bronco nation as if to say “I just ass raped your team for the next decade”
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:42 PM 12-26-2022
Knowmo has more last legs than a Chernobyl spider
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:23 PM 12-26-2022

The Chargers may not have been willing to pay Sean Payton or give him the power he wants. With the team making the playoffs under Brandon Staley, chances are it's a moot point.

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) December 27, 2022

:-)
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 10:28 PM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I also think Payton is overrated. He had some very talented teams along with an elite franchise QB in his prime and had one SB appearance and win. Somehow he will lead a team with far less talent, especially at the QB position and minimal premium draft picks to the promised land in the AFCW? Yeah, sure he would want this Broncos job.
I ran the numbers this year. He and McCarthy are basically the same coach. Except Payton has good publicity while McCarthy is panned as a meathead. But their overall records are similar and McCarthy did better in the playoffs.

Hell, Payton missed the playoffs four out of five years with prime Brees because he couldn't find a good DC.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:13 PM 12-26-2022
lmao at Harbaugh. Why would John Harbaugh leave Michigan for the Broncos? The entire organization is a cluster**** of epic proportions. And I think he hates Elway from his playing days.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:23 PM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

:-)
You are a clown. Sadly you won’t go to an actual Broncos board and spew your unicorn fart nonsense.
[Reply]
frozenchief 12:14 AM 12-27-2022
How bad does Wilson’s contract screw the Broncos? PFF breaks it down:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-denver-...ract-breakdown

TL;DR: Denver really can’t move until 2024 and even then it will likely take draft choices to get a team to agree to take Wilson. At that point, it will likely cost Denver $40M+ for 2 years in dead cap space to get rid of him.

I can’t stop laughing.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:39 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
How bad does Wilson’s contract screw the Broncos? PFF breaks it down:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-denver-...ract-breakdown

TL;DR: Denver really can’t move until 2024 and even then it will likely take draft choices to get a team to agree to take Wilson. At that point, it will likely cost Denver $40M+ for 2 years in dead cap space to get rid of him.

I can’t stop laughing.
The only realistic option is to design an offense around his skills, which are not the same skills Aaron Rodgers possesses, to the surprise of no one except Hackett.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:01 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
The only realistic option is to design an offense around his skills, which are not the same skills Aaron Rodgers possesses, to the surprise of no one except Hackett.
The best option would be to draft or acquire a young QB, and play him while Russ sits on the bench. If Russ is the starting QB next year, whoever the HC will immediately lose the team and locker room.

They can't cut him, so he will have to be the most expensive backup, or they will have to carry 3 QBs on the roster, and Wilson will be a DNP Coach's Decision every single game.

Its not really about whether a new coach can "fix" Russell Wilson, because even though his on the field play has been atrocious, his personality and locker room attitude has made the team hate him, and they very clearly don't want to play with him.

But, I still want to say that I admire Brett Rypien for chewing out his offensive line, and I want to say that I never, ever, under any circumstances, want any of those piece of shit linemen on my team, The Kansas City Chiefs.

I don't care who TF the QB is, why people hate him, etc. He is a member of the team, help his ass up. Period. Those linemen aren't making the flex they think they are, and I hope people treat them like the trash teammates they are.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DomCasual 01:07 AM 12-27-2022
Oh shit!! The possibilities are endless. Wade Phillips DC, Shannarat Jr OC, BB as HC! Dude you’re gonna win like 100 SUPERBOWLS IN A ROW!!!! We will all bow at the feet of Pay a Ton after this all transpires. You’ve GOT to be so ****ing psyched!!! We’re ALLLLLLLLLL ****ED!!!
THIS is what I’m talking about! This guy GETS it!

I’m not going to say we’re winning 100 Super Bowls in a row. But I’m not saying we’re not.
[Reply]
Page 3719 of 4909
« First < 2719321936193669370937153716371737183719 372037213722372337293769381942194719 > Last »
Up