ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 371 of 488
« First < 271321361367368369370371 372373374375381421471 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:17 PM 04-05-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's possible they think once you get past that top tier it drops into a large pool of guys.

Say after what...20 or so there isn't much difference player wise in what you coudl get in the 2nd etc.

Those end of the first round picks are just god damn hard to make.
I'm willing to bet that's exactly how the Chiefs view it since many of us see it that way and we're just amateur draftniks.

This draft class is REALLY deep. However, it's pretty shallow at the top.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:19 PM 04-05-2022
I was thinking about the "move around in the draft" thing. What if they traded a lot to be higher in the 2nd and third and really attack that level of guys. You could likely land several high floor creed/bolton type guys and have less 4/6/7 round flyer guys.

Basically why not use as much ammo as possible to land top 100 guys? And fewer glorified priority free agents.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:19 PM 04-05-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm willing to bet that's exactly how the Chiefs view it since many of us see it that way and we're just amateur draftniks.

This draft class is REALLY deep. However, it's pretty shallow at the top.
You've got guys like Sam Williams, Boye Mafe and Cameron Thomas but I'm not 100% sold that they're immediate starters right off the bat. Maybe in our defense but they wouldn't be lighting it up.

Now...if you could get Jermaine Johnson and Cameron Thomas in the first two rounds? That goes along way to improving this defensive line from day 1.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:28 PM 04-05-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
The #Chiefs have signed former #Saints and #Colts DT Taylor Stallworth, per his agent @TesslerSports. He was in for a visit today. Some added depth up front for KC.
Soooo…

Jones
Nnadi
Stallworth
Saunders
Wharton

I don’t think they plan on drafting a DT early.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:29 PM 04-05-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Soooo…

Jones
Nnadi
Stallworth
Saunders
Wharton

I don’t think they plan on drafting a DT early.
Or they're going to draft one high, trade Jones and then watch the fans go nuclear. :-)
[Reply]
JPH83 02:30 PM 04-05-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You've got guys like Sam Williams, Boye Mafe and Cameron Thomas but I'm not 100% sold that they're immediate starters right off the bat. Maybe in our defense but they wouldn't be lighting it up.

Now...if you could get Jermaine Johnson and Cameron Thomas in the first two rounds? That goes along way to improving this defensive line from day 1.
Kinda my view of them and the situation. I think they're all possible starters because we're so light at DE, but I don't know they're immediate impact players. I just don't get Mafe as a R1 value. How would you feel about a Jermain Johnson followed by Travis Jones or other DT in R2?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:33 PM 04-05-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Kinda my view of them and the situation. I think they're all possible starters because we're so light at DE, but I don't know they're immediate impact players. I just don't get Mafe as a R1 value. How would you feel about a Jermain Johnson followed by Travis Jones or other DT in R2?
I'm not sure Mafe is even a fit for our defense. He's not really "on my board" right now.
[Reply]
O.city 02:36 PM 04-05-2022
The Chiefs could see the DEs as 5 guys in the first tier. Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, Walker, Johnson and Karlaftis.

In their mind, they need to come away with one of them. The first three are pretty unreachable but those last two could depending on how far they fall.
Do you think Karlaftis is in that?
[Reply]
poolboy 02:37 PM 04-05-2022
go get your first round DE, sign Clowney and/or Ingram and call it a day on the edge position
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:37 PM 04-05-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Do you think Karlaftis is in that?
I do. He's a Clowney type. Might not ever be a 15-sack guy but can consistently get to 8-10 year in and year out.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:37 PM 04-05-2022
If Armani Watts goes on to be a solid starting or even dime/nickel safety, I'm going to lose a lot of faith in Spags for refusing to ever give him a chance over Dan freaking Sorenson.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:38 PM 04-05-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
If Armani Watts goes on to be a solid starting or even dime/nickel safety I'm going to lose a lot of faith in Spags.
Watts is trash.
[Reply]
In58men 02:38 PM 04-05-2022
Or they're going to draft one high, trade Jones and then watch the fans go nuclear. :-)
Trade Jones + 2nd round to Commanders for Terry McLaurin.

Draft DE

It’s that simple :-)
[Reply]
O.city 02:39 PM 04-05-2022

They may see guys like Williams and Thomas good players but not necessarily guys that develop into every down type guys or "starters" etc.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:39 PM 04-05-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
Trade Jones + 2nd round to Commanders for Terry McLaurin.

Draft DE

It’s that simple :-)
Washington is already trying to shed salary because they're paying so much for their DL. They don't want Chris Jones.
[Reply]
Page 371 of 488
« First < 271321361367368369370371 372373374375381421471 > Last »
Up