Page 37 of 54
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:34 AM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
like, do you even know what you're watching?

the plot holes in the greatest star wars film ever, the empire strikes back, are STAGGERINGLY LARGE:
Ah. So your defense is that of a "Star Wars has always been dumb" fanboy.

Gotcha.

Enjoy man. Lmmfgdao.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:41 AM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:

Gotcha.

Enjoy man. Lmmfgdao.
Kind of curious where y'all would rank this series in relation to the Disney trilogy of films. I'd still take this over any of those, but that sort of speaks more to how badly I despise all 3 of those movies.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:56 AM 06-21-2022
i mean, it's kinda true

you're just seeing it through a different lens now than you did when you first saw the original trilogy, which colors your perception

it's no different than the prequels
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:58 AM 06-21-2022
for me

1. Mando
2A. Obi
2B. Boba

Obi gets a slight edge due to the ludicrously awesome Vader action. And they manage to avoid cringe shit like the LGBTQ+ biker gang.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:30 PM 06-21-2022
I'd actually love to hear the argument as to why Star Wars hasn't always been kinda dumb. Like, have you watched those movies? Most of it is fun, but also fairly ridiculous.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:33 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Kind of curious where y'all would rank this series in relation to the Disney trilogy of films. I'd still take this over any of those, but that sort of speaks more to how badly I despise all 3 of those movies.
I've always been ok with TFA and TLJ, but I watched ROS over the weekend and I still can't believe they greenlit that story. What they also did to the Finn character after TFA is also awful.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:37 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I've always been ok with TFA and TLJ, but I watched ROS over the weekend and I still can't believe they greenlit that story. What they also did to the Finn character after TFA is also awful.
I hate them all because of how they treated the original cast of characters. Granted, most of the blame goes to JJ Abrams for that one, essentially ruining Han and Leias happily ever after and leaving Rian Johnson to reverse engineer why Luke is a pussy hiding out on some planet where no one can find him.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:43 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I hate them all because of how they treated the original cast of characters. Granted, most of the blame goes to JJ Abrams for that one, essentially ruining Han and Leias happily ever after and leaving Rian Johnson to reverse engineer why Luke is a pussy hiding out on some planet where no one can find him.
I get that. I suppose I was ok with that treatment as the movies weren't really supposed to be about Luke/Leia/Han; they were supposed to be in service of developing Rey/Kylo Ren/Finn/Poe in a new trilogy. Of course, they did a terrible job of that in retrospect and nobody really cares about those new trilogy characters at all now because of that.

One would have assumed Disney would have had some kind of coherent trilogy planned out if you're going to make those movies. Just an awful approach they took.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 02:01 PM 06-21-2022
At least there is hope for season 2.

Writer of this utter tripe, Joby Harold, has been fired from this series, and will not be involved in any other Srar Wars related series moving forward.

When you admittedly use the most universally despised Star Wars Film: The Last Jedi, as a template for your series, you're going to experience the backlash that we've seen.

Specific reason Bob Chapek alluded to for firing Joby Harold, was making Reva and Leia more central to the story than Obi Wan and Darh Vader.

I mean how fucking hard is it to focus on Obi Wan Kenobi in a show fucking titled Obi Wan Kenobi?

The problem of course just as with Kevin Smiths fail with Masters of The Universe, is that when you make your main character on the bill of goods you sold, a secondary character in his own show, you're gonna piss people off.

You see, nobody would give 2 shits if the show were centered on Reva, and advertised as such. No, you need that huge draw character that people actually want to see, and then you try to tell your dumbass story after and if people complain, simply call them racist misogynist toxic fans.

Maybe they do better on season 2, but with their track record, I'm not holding my breath. At least the acknowledgement that fans hate the work, and the writer has been fired is a step in the right direction.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:06 PM 06-21-2022
Where'd you see all this at? I do remember reading they'd brought someone else in for the final episodes which does sort of explain why Reva went from an almost too competent antagonist to effectively job for both Obi Wan and Vader in episode 5.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:14 PM 06-21-2022
When you admittedly use the most universally despised Star Wars Film: The Last Jedi, as a template for your series, you're going to experience the backlash that we've seen.

[Reply]
Easy 6 02:16 PM 06-21-2022
My good buddy is a YUGE nerd for all things Star Wars, every bit the equal or better of anyone in this thread... and he just shat all over this show the other day
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:24 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
My good buddy is a YUGE nerd for all things Star Wars, every bit the equal or better of anyone in this thread... and he just shat all over this show the other day
it's breaking streaming records for Disney+
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:29 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
it's breaking streaming records for Disney+
Thats fine, but I trust this guys judgement 100%

He particularly hated the Vader reveal... "it was like no big deal!"

I'm good with waiting for the new Mando, and going to HIS house to watch it... so I don't gotta pay for it
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:30 PM 06-21-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He particularly hated the Vader reveal... "it was like no big deal!"

[Reply]
Page 37 of 54
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Up