ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 86
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon to Chiefs
DaKCMan AP 01:58 PM 09-27-2021

Former All-Pro WR Josh Gordon, who is being reinstated, is planning to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, sources tell ESPN. His agents, Eric Dounn and Matt Leist from @LAASportsEnt, confirmed Gordon is headed to Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/nqpJXn3oni

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:01 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Hardman is on pace for 61 receptions. I wouldn't say Burt hasn't figured it out.

I'd say the D is so ****ing god awful, and guys like Pringle and Kemp are bad enough they might as well bring in Gordon.

The offense has been ****ing awesome this year, outside turnovers. Burt was right not to pay out big money to a WR.
I'm talking about a WR that understands Pat like Reek and Kelce do. Use your gifts to find an open space Pat can rely on so he can throw it in an open space.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:10 PM 09-28-2021
I haven’t read through this whole thread yet, but I just totaled his 2 mid seasons together of his time in NE spanning 2018-2019 in what I assume is still utilizing the erdhart Perkins offense (which is also difficult to learn).

17 Games played
104 Targets
60 catches
39 first downs
1007 yards
4 TDs

I’d love it if we can get that level of production from him and it’s not unreasonable to think we could.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:23 PM 09-28-2021
I have a boner.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:43 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Brett tried to sign JuJu.

Obviously thought the offense lacked a big bodied WR.

Makes ya wonder if Andy had spoken to Josh before he was reinstated.
unless it was some tampering rule why wouldn’t he speak with Andy. It’s the best landing spot. Unless Andy wants to take a chance on you, you ain’t catching any balls from Patrick.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:04 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
unless it was some tampering rule why wouldn’t he speak with Andy. It’s the best landing spot. Unless Andy wants to take a chance on you, you ain’t catching any balls from Patrick.
I guess the point of that was it’s entirely possible or even likely they’ve been talking for months and this was part of a plan c after we missed out on Juju and whoever else we swung and missed on in FA and the draft.

My point is, I won’t be shocked when it comes out we’ve been talking about signing him since after the draft as soon as he’s eligible to. I’m not at all convinced this was a desperation signing. More like a calculated plan c.

Hell, even in the draft we passed on guys we all thought Veach would drool over like Terrance Mitchell, Rondale Moore and Dyami Brown. Maybe Gordon has been an option all along and Veach went after other options at other positions with Gordon as a factor.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:16 PM 09-28-2021
I guess the point of that was it’s entirely possible or even likely they’ve been talking for months and this was part of a plan c after we missed out on Juju and whoever else we swung and missed on in FA and the draft.

My point is, I won’t be shocked when it comes out we’ve been talking about signing him since after the draft as soon as he’s eligible to. I’m not at all convinced this was a desperation signing. More like a calculated plan c.

Hell, even in the draft we passed on guys we all thought Veach would drool over like Terrance Mitchell, Rondale Moore and Dyami Brown. Maybe Gordon has been an option all along and Veach went after other options at other positions with Gordon as a factor.
Shit.

That's some 4th dimensional thinking. Rep.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:22 PM 09-28-2021
After watching that highlight reel, I realized that I'd forgotten just how elite Gordon's route-running really was. If he's 80% of that, we got a steal. Josh Gordon is literally the exact player that we were hoping Sammy would be. Except Josh Gordon is leagues more durable. And has better hands. As in elite hands.

If Gordon can find a home in KC, we may have found the missing link to this potential dynasty.
[Reply]
Redbled 11:29 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
I wonder how long the Chiefs have had their eye on him. Was this possibly the plan (or at least *a* plan) all along? Has there been any reporting to this effect?
I believe they wanted this for a while. They knew all along what we were lacking.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:41 PM 09-28-2021
Also to note:

NE traded for Gordon on September 17th and his first game action was against Miami September 30th.

It’s not unrealistic to think he could see some game action against the Bills or Washington.
[Reply]
royr17 11:50 PM 09-28-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wouldn't Gordon just wear #12?
Assigned # 19
[Reply]
milkshock 02:12 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
I wonder how much Josh Gordon ever did his strength and conditioning work.

That would be interesting to know. 30 years old is not too old if he has been doing quality strength and conditioning work.

I wonder what the plan is as far as living arrangements and if he will have personal assistants with him all the time.

He might be better off if they make an apartment for him at Arrowhead or something.

A good point. All I hear is how this guy would turn up to games drunk etc but there is no way you have the kind of productivity he has had when on the field in the NFL without being in top physical condition. Not a fucking chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
JPH83 02:38 AM 09-29-2021
I honestly haven't kept track of what he's taken. I know it's not just weed but wasn't that the last one?
[Reply]
TEX 03:30 AM 09-29-2021

Maybe there's a similar plan to sign the Josh Gordon of pass rushers.

And RB's...
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:49 AM 09-29-2021
Well, we know that Veach is aggressive, and we've seen tht he leaves no stone unturned; and that he loves a reclamation project.

It IS possible that Gordon's been on the radar for some time. Time will tell.

If he can stay clean, he'll be a huge help down the stretch; and possibly for a couple of seasons. He's not been able to do that, but I am hearing the right things in his interviews. We'll see.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:50 AM 09-29-2021
Also to note:

NE traded for Gordon on September 17th and his first game action was against Miami September 30th.

It’s not unrealistic to think he could see some game action against the Bills or Washington.
I would think a small package of plays against the Bills is a possibility.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 86
« First < 273334353637 3839404147 > Last »
Up