ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 313
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 03:33 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
After watching last night's "The Franchise" and considering some of the things ive read throughout the offseason, i think the only way Niang takes Remmers' job is in case of injury.

It really sounds like Remmers has taken on the leadership/Vet role on the Oline. It's going to be hard to unseat him.

My money is Niang will be the swing tackle this year and will only start in the event of injury.
Yea, if I were to guess, I’d say he doesn’t get the job this year barring injury or bad play.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:35 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
But skill wise, they aren't necessarily that either. Kelce could move coming out and Hill tracks the ball crazy.

It's not awful comparison but lets slow it

[Reply]

TEX 03:38 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Former Tennessee offensive lineman Trey Smith might have fallen during the 2021 NFL draft, but he has seemingly risen up the Kansas City Chiefs’ depth chart just as fast.

Smith, a Tennessee offensive lineman from 2017-2020, was drafted with the No. 226 pick in the sixth round by the Chiefs. However, just one day into training camp, the former All-SEC First Team player has already made his way into the starting practice rotation.

“As full camp Day 1 wraps up: Trey Smith is starting, Willie Gay impressed, Chris Jones moved between DE and DT,” said Harold R. Kuntz, a reporter for Fox 4, in a tweet on Wednesday.

With Kansas City’s fall camp now in swing, Smith has had the opportunity to compete on the field again, doing what he does best. Not to mention, his play on the field has especially caught the attention of Kansas City head coach Andy Reid.

“He’s done a nice job. He showed enough to legitimately be in that position right now,” said Reid, according to Adam Teicher on Twitter. “He’s got to compete. We’ll see how all of that goes when we get the pads on.”

Smith worked out with the Chiefs starting offensive line without pads and was slotted in at the right guard position. Andy Reid also mentioned that Smith’s “consistency” during offseason programming led him to this spot.

On the first snap of Chiefs training camp, Smith was joined by Orlando Brown, Joe Thuney, Creed Humphrey, and Mike Renners on the line.

Thuney praised the entire line’s efforts after the opening day of training camp. However, he did also specifically mention Smith, as well.

“[Trey Smith is] really strong, he’s physical, he’s smart, he studies his playbook really hard,” said Thuney, according to USA Today Sports. “Everyone is communicating up there on the O-Line, but he’s doing a great job, and yeah, it’s just great to be part of this group.”

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2021...t-chiefs-camp/
:-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:40 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea, if I were to guess, I’d say he doesn’t get the job this year barring injury or bad play.
You have to believe Niang is better than Remmers at LT, so it might be a good idea to protect Niang’s health.

If Brown goes down, you can just plug Niang in. If Niang starts, you’re then replacing 2 starters OR moving Remmers to LT.

Remmers is competent at RT, so I’m fine with it.
[Reply]
wazu 03:42 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
You have to believe Niang is better than Remmers at LT, so it might be a good idea to protect Niang’s health.

If Brown goes down, you can just plug Niang in. If Niang starts, you’re then replacing 2 starters OR moving Remmers to LT.

Remmers is competent at RT, so I’m fine with it.
Yeah my thinking is I never want to see Remmers play LT again no matter what, and I never want to see Wylie again period.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:43 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
After watching last night's "The Franchise" and considering some of the things ive read throughout the offseason, i think the only way Niang takes Remmers' job is in case of injury.

It really sounds like Remmers has taken on the leadership/Vet role on the Oline. It's going to be hard to unseat him.

My money is Niang will be the swing tackle this year and will only start in the event of injury.

Not good news.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:44 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yeah my thinking is I never want to see Remmers play LT again no matter what, and I never want to see Wylie again period.
I agree with all of this.

Starting Remmers at RT practically guarantees he will never play LT. If he does, then we were fucked anyway.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:45 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Former Tennessee offensive lineman Trey Smith might have fallen during the 2021 NFL draft, but he has seemingly risen up the Kansas City Chiefs’ depth chart just as fast.

Smith, a Tennessee offensive lineman from 2017-2020, was drafted with the No. 226 pick in the sixth round by the Chiefs. However, just one day into training camp, the former All-SEC First Team player has already made his way into the starting practice rotation.

“As full camp Day 1 wraps up: Trey Smith is starting, Willie Gay impressed, Chris Jones moved between DE and DT,” said Harold R. Kuntz, a reporter for Fox 4, in a tweet on Wednesday.

With Kansas City’s fall camp now in swing, Smith has had the opportunity to compete on the field again, doing what he does best. Not to mention, his play on the field has especially caught the attention of Kansas City head coach Andy Reid.

“He’s done a nice job. He showed enough to legitimately be in that position right now,” said Reid, according to Adam Teicher on Twitter. “He’s got to compete. We’ll see how all of that goes when we get the pads on.”

Smith worked out with the Chiefs starting offensive line without pads and was slotted in at the right guard position. Andy Reid also mentioned that Smith’s “consistency” during offseason programming led him to this spot.

On the first snap of Chiefs training camp, Smith was joined by Orlando Brown, Joe Thuney, Creed Humphrey, and Mike Renners on the line.

Thuney praised the entire line’s efforts after the opening day of training camp. However, he did also specifically mention Smith, as well.

“[Trey Smith is] really strong, he’s physical, he’s smart, he studies his playbook really hard,” said Thuney, according to USA Today Sports. “Everyone is communicating up there on the O-Line, but he’s doing a great job, and yeah, it’s just great to be part of this group.”

https://www.rockytopinsider.com/2021...t-chiefs-camp/

Fantastic pick.

This is what you want to hear about a rookie OL.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:47 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Let’s just cut him.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:47 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Not good news.
Meh, if Reid and Heck like Remmers better at this point... no worries

He's the steady eddie vet, meanwhile Niang has a solid layer of rust to knock off... Niang is the future no question, but this may well be Remmers year at RT
[Reply]
Jamie 03:49 PM 07-29-2021
The takeaway from the fact that Smith is starting and Niang isn't shouldn't be that there's something wrong with Niang, it should be that Smith is awesome.
[Reply]
PHOG 03:51 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
The takeaway from the fact that Smith is starting and Niang isn't shouldn't be that there's something wrong with Niang, it should be that Smith is awesome.
Let's hope! :-)
[Reply]
wazu 03:51 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
And that they play different positions.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:53 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Not good news.
Yea guess this means Niang is a bust huh? :-)
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:14 PM 07-29-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
And that they play different positions.
Nothing wrong with the fact that 3 rookies on the right side of the OL might be a bit too much.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 313
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Up