ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 44
« First < 273334353637 38394041 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 PM 03-09-2017
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Originally Posted by :
— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:57 AM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
So you're saying he will? So McNabb didn't run the same offense Smith does? They both average the same Y/A. Reid is a west coast coach all the way and nothing will change that.

The next QB will throw deep more than Smith (it would be virtually impossible not to) but the overall offense will stay the same. A lot of screens and passes designed for YAC.
Posted via Mobile Device
That's the part that needs fixed the most.

I don't have a problem with the misdirection, screens, jet sweeps, option plays and the quick hitters...but all of those play calls are made to open up the deep ball. McNabb took advantage of those opportunities and that opened up the offense.

You put vintage McNabb on last years Chiefs, they might have won the whole thing.
[Reply]
-King- 08:03 AM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:

I don't have a problem with the misdirection, screens, jet sweeps, option plays and the quick hitters...but all of those play calls are made to open up the deep ball. McNabb took advantage of those opportunities and that opened up the offense.

You put vintage McNabb on last years Chiefs, they might have won the whole thing.
I agree.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:54 AM 04-06-2017
That's why Romo wanted to come to KC
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:56 AM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
That's why Romo wanted to come to KC
To groom a draft pick? That seems nice.
[Reply]
splatbass 08:59 AM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:

Look, I don't think Alex is great, and am coming around to him never stepping up enough to make up for other KC deficiencies. That would take a very special QB. That said, the decisions are out of our hands.. and I for one refuse to be a sniveling bitch about the team all year long, as I wait for this QBotF.

It's your call on how you deal with it. Shrug, watch, and take whatever good comes from it.. or pout in the corner all year.. like a sniveling bitch.
Some of these guys live to be sniveling bitches all year long, to make sure we are all as miserable as they are.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:00 AM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
To groom a draft pick? That seems nice.
To throw it deeeeeeeeeeeeep, play with playmakers, and a solid O line....with a great defense to boot.

Now we get another year of the popgun offemse
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:42 AM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by splatbass:
Some of these guys live to be sniveling bitches all year long, to make sure we are all as miserable as they are.
Yup, it's really ridiculous to some of these dudes rooting for a losing season just to get a change at the QB. Those pussies don't even like the team, they just like being contrary bitches about everything and will be miserable cunts until they die.
[Reply]
Messier 11:21 AM 04-06-2017
The closest I ever got to rooting for the team to lose , was the year Andrew Luck came out. It felt weird and wrong , and I never want to do it again . I can't imagine living in that space. Besides, tanking the season in order to get a draft pick doesn't guarantee anything.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 04:38 PM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:

:-)
[Reply]
-King- 04:42 PM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by Messier:
The closest I ever got to rooting for the team to lose , was the year Andrew Luck came out. It felt weird and wrong , and I never want to do it again . I can't imagine living in that space. Besides, tanking the season in order to get a draft pick doesn't guarantee anything.
And plus, tanking doesn't really exist in the NFL.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:11 PM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
I'm not so sure he's wrong, you can't be either
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:27 PM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
fuck is this dude?

McNabb's status as a top 10 passer during his era is well documented

do I have to educate your dumb ass again?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:30 PM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
So McNabb didn't run the same offense Smith does? They both average the same Y/A.
WTF DUDE

DO WE HAVE TO GO OVER THIS POINT AGAIN!?

Originally Posted by :
ANDY REID PASSING ATTACKS YEAR BY YEAR, THE LAST 14 FUCKING SEASONS.

B.A.S (before alex sucks)

Originally Posted by :
20th, 7th, 8th, 3rd, 10th, 6th, 10th, 9th, 9th, 13th.
A.A.S. (after alex sucks)

Originally Posted by :
23rd, 21st, 28th, 21st

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:04 PM 04-06-2017
Simply WOW at reading the last couple of pages of this thread.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 06:38 PM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by ASS11:
**** is this dude?

McNabb's status as a top 10 passer during his era is well documented

do I have to educate your dumb ass again?
This entire forum knows your sheer incompetence when it comes to talent evaluation. Tyreek Hill jumps up in the depth chart and gets major reps in pre-season ahead of 2 other starters and you had the stupidity to say he was going to be a bust.

F***ing moron.

And then there's Geno!
[Reply]
Page 37 of 44
« First < 273334353637 38394041 > Last »
Up