ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 366
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:07 PM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
Radar detectors still work. Laser jammers/shifters are a state by state thing (mostly illegal)
A good radar detector can save your ass. Laser jammers are legal in most states http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_jammer
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:08 PM 04-21-2015
Only thing that sucks about a mirror mount is that it makes it super hard for the detector to pick up laser hits.
That's why I bought a separate laser jammer :-)
[Reply]
KC native 07:09 PM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
A good radar detector can save your ass. Laser jammers are legal in most states http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_jammer
Yes. I love idiot cops that are shooting laser but leave their rolling radar on so that shit lights up my detector. Unfortunately the Fort Worth traffic boys are smart about turning off rolling radar while they are working the gun.
[Reply]
Brock 07:19 PM 04-21-2015
I assume you're talking about a radar detector and not a laser jammer. Please clarify.
Just a detector.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:21 PM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by Brock:
Just a detector.
Than I agree that if you're all alone on a road a radar detector probably won't save you. However, a really good one like the one I got will warn you a long ways away if there are other people on the road.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:29 PM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I would recommend replacement of those tires. Ten years is longer than I would drive on a tire that has just mostly sat. They get hard and crack then peel off and then you could look like the car posted above
Replace them. Tires degrade over time even if you don't drive on them. You are on borrowed time with those.
Alright boys, talked me into it. Still gonna go bigger tires in the back, smaller in front and keep the current setup.

I'll give them a call tomorrow. Sweet, just more money out the window!
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:31 PM 04-21-2015
Much cheaper than a fender
[Reply]
Brock 07:41 PM 04-21-2015
Than I agree that if you're all alone on a road a radar detector probably won't save you. However, a really good one like the one I got will warn you a long ways away if there are other people on the road.
That's been my experience, though I don't do a lot of speeding in my almost 20 year old pickup.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 07:44 PM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Alright boys, talked me into it. Still gonna go bigger tires in the back, smaller in front and keep the current setup.

I'll give them a call tomorrow. Sweet, just more money out the window!
Money well spent. Not only for preventing damage to your ride but life and limb is also at stake.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:52 PM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Much cheaper than a fender
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx:
Money well spent. Not only for preventing damage to your ride but life and limb is also at stake.
I suppose so old gents! I'll be calling them tomorrow. Gonna still go with summer tires for performance since I don't need all-seasons here. That is one small plus of living in a furnace. But thanks to all of you. All the help in this thread has saved me hours of internet searching for things I know nothing about. Reps to all of you and beers if I ever meet any of you in real life. Thanks a ton.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:56 PM 04-21-2015
Radar detectors still work. Most police departments use laser for revenue generation (speed enforcement).

The good radar detectors will pick up radar far away. If they pick up the laser, it's usually a courtesy notification that you will be getting pulled over and making a contribution to the general fund of that municpality.
Most police are using lasers? Then why get a radar detector?
[Reply]
KC native 08:47 PM 04-21-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Because they still tell you where they are. Most cop cars have rolling radar which is an in car radar gun. When they're moving that will set it off.

A lot of police departments still use radar for speed enforcement though. Every city in DFW uses laser for speed trap revenue generation.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:09 PM 04-22-2015
New tires being placed now!
[Reply]
Radar Chief 04-22-2015, 03:35 PM
This message has been deleted by Radar Chief.
Radar Chief 03:41 PM 04-22-2015
Radar detectors still work. Most police departments use laser for revenue generation (speed enforcement).
Radar still outnumbers LiDAR over 20:1.
LiDAR is becoming more popular because it takes less experience to accurately run one but it's also a lot more expensive to equip patrol cars with.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:45 PM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The thing about radar is it transmits in a wide cone so if your traveling in traffic there's a good chance of you picking up a patrol car tracking a vehicle in front of you. LiDAR (laser) is shooting a comparatively narrow beam so LiDAR detectors basically tell you that you have just been illuminated.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 366
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Up