Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark arrested for felony possession of a firearm
Hammock Parties 03:40 PM 06-21-2021
Well, bye...

https://www.tmz.com/2021/06/21/frank...ty-chiefs-nfl/

K.C. CHIEFS' FRANK CLARK
ARRESTED
... Cops Say NFL Star Had Uzi In Lambo SUV

Originally Posted by :
NFL star pass rusher Frank Clark -- one of the best defensive players in the league -- was arrested Sunday after cops say he had an uzi in his Lambo SUV ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us Clark was pulled over for a routine traffic stop Sunday evening in Los Angeles ... when cops say they noticed an open duffle bag in his ride.

Our sources say officers saw the gun inside the bag ... and arrested the 28-year-old for felony illegal possession of a firearm.

The Kansas City Chiefs superstar is still behind bars in the Los Angeles area, jail records show.

According to the records, Clark -- listed at 6'3", 255 pounds -- was arrested at 9:20 p.m. ... and was booked into jail hours later at 9:28 a.m. Monday.

We've reached out to Clark and the Chiefs for comment ... but so far, no word back yet.

Clark was a key piece in the Chiefs' runs to the Super Bowls the last two years ... after being traded from Seattle to Kansas City before the 2019 season, Clark logged 14 sacks in 26 starts and was great in postseason play too.

In fact, Clark was so good for the Chiefs since joining the team ... he was selected to the Pro Bowl in each of his 2 seasons on the squad.

Of course, this is not Clark's first brush with legal trouble ... you'll recall, he was arrested in 2014 after being accused of domestic violence -- and was kicked off the Univ. of Michigan football team over it all.

Clark eventually struck a deal with prosecutors in that case, agreeing to plead guilty to a lesser charge of misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

Clark is currently in the middle of a 5-year, $104 MILLION contract with the Chiefs.

Story developing ...

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:10 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
So, what's the likelihood of Clark playing this season for the Chiefs or in general?
All up in the air at this point.

If he pleads not guilty on Wednesday (knowing that his second court date for the second incident isn't until October) he probably won't miss any time this year at all because it will drag out so long.

If he pleads guilty on Wednesday, that could set all kinds of wheels in motion, not the least of which is a potential of voiding of his contract guarantees.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:36 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
All up in the air at this point.

If he pleads not guilty on Wednesday (knowing that his second court date for the second incident isn't until October) he probably won't miss any time this year at all because it will drag out so long.

If he pleads guilty on Wednesday, that could set all kinds of wheels in motion, not the least of which is a potential of voiding of his contract guarantees.
Based on that, I would advise him to plead not guilty.

I always find stuff like that funny, though. They catch a guy redhanded and there's no ambiguity, but they will plead not guilty, which is technically perjury, right? Or is the plea exempt from that, since everyone who is found guilty would end up getting a perjury charge?

I like that a guy can walk into a bank with cameras all over him, brandish eight machine guns and two grenades and a bazooka, yell for everyone to get down, blow up the vault with the bazooka, carry out eighteen bags of money, then get wrestled to the ground by 15 cops, and then he stands in court and pleads not guilty.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:38 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Based on that, I would advise him to plead not guilty.

I always find stuff like that funny, though. They catch a guy redhanded and there's no ambiguity, but they will plead not guilty, which is technically perjury, right? Or is the plea exempt from that, since everyone who is found guilty would end up getting a perjury charge?

I like that a guy can walk into a bank with cameras all over him, brandish eight machine guns and two grenades and a bazooka, yell for everyone to get down, blow up the vault with the bazooka, carry out eighteen bags of money, then get wrestled to the ground by 15 cops, and then he stands in court and pleads not guilty.
That's the glory of our legal system. You're either guilty or not guilty. He could have done all those things but there may be circumstances that dictate he be found not guilty. There's technically no such thing as "innocent".
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:41 PM 07-12-2021
And while it may seem prudent from a football standpoint to plead not guilty and drag it out, the commish could still put him on the exempt list - he doesn't need a legal reason.

Furthermore, it might be suicidal from a legal standpoint to not plead down to a misdemeanor from the felony charge. Hypothetically, he goes to trial and gets found guilty for both incidents. He plays in 2021 and then goes to prison or some shit and never plays again versus serving a suspension in 2021 and moving on from there.
[Reply]
wazu 03:48 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And while it may seem prudent from a football standpoint to plead not guilty and drag it out, the commish could still put him on the exempt list - he doesn't need a legal reason.

Furthermore, it might be suicidal from a legal standpoint to not plead down to a misdemeanor from the felony charge. Hypothetically, he goes to trial and gets found guilty for both incidents. He plays in 2021 and then goes to prison or some shit and never plays again versus serving a suspension in 2021 and moving on from there.
It's interesting. If he gets on the Commish's exempt list I believe that means he gets paid while on it. Looks like that means around $19M. So could be a decision between $19M or risking jail time. Sportrac says he's earned $50M in his career, but if his money management is anything like his gun management he might not want to let that 2021 salary go.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:54 PM 07-12-2021
I have a hard time thinking Clark would go on the exempt list over a gun infraction. I understand that what he did was illegal, stupid, and wrong, but NFL players getting pinched for firearms infractions could become common, and I don't know if its worth pinching a guy when nobody was hurt in any way shape or form.

Now a four game suspension? Sure.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 04:08 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
It's interesting. If he gets on the Commish's exempt list I believe that means he gets paid while on it. Looks like that means around $19M. So could be a decision between $19M or risking jail time. Sportrac says he's earned $50M in his career, but if his money management is anything like his gun management he might not want to let that 2021 salary go.
A couple updates on Frank’s money management, or lack thereof.

https://twitter.com/therealfrankc_/s...87120955207685

https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/s...715074/photo/1
[Reply]
TribalElder 04:15 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
A couple updates on Frank’s money management, or lack thereof.

https://twitter.com/therealfrankc_/s...87120955207685

https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/s...715074/photo/1

UZI in the bag right there
[Reply]
Bowser 04:16 PM 07-12-2021
That's a man living like he's going to be making 20 mil a year for the rest of his life.
[Reply]
kcclone 04:36 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That's a man living like he's going to be making 20 mil a year for the rest of his life.
Yeah that’s why I’ve always thought that the NFL PA should negotiate higher pensions and take less money upfront.

If they could figure out a way to make a big name guy like Clark earn $500k/yr for the rest his life after retirement and lower the up front money, I think a lot of players would benefit.

It will never happen but I’m sure a lot of former players wish their structure was less up front and stronger on the back end.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:47 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I have a hard time thinking Clark would go on the exempt list over a gun infraction. I understand that what he did was illegal, stupid, and wrong, but NFL players getting pinched for firearms infractions could become common, and I don't know if its worth pinching a guy when nobody was hurt in any way shape or form.

Need to figure out whatever it takes to get his salary off the books and file those papers.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:59 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Yeah that’s why I’ve always thought that the NFL PA should negotiate higher pensions and take less money upfront.

If they could figure out a way to make a big name guy like Clark earn $500k/yr for the rest his life after retirement and lower the up front money, I think a lot of players would benefit.

It will never happen but I’m sure a lot of former players wish their structure was less up front and stronger on the back end.
I sincerely don't see why more pro athletes just don't do this -

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/b...tract-payments
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:14 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:

Yup this is the perfect example of a victimless crime. I have a hard time seeing the commissioner putting him on the exempt list. Its going to have to play out.
[Reply]
FanOfRED 07:58 PM 07-12-2021
That's what he gets for going to a Communist country
[Reply]
-King- 10:15 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I sincerely don't see why more pro athletes just don't do this -

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/b...tract-payments
That's not something they can just "do". That was just an astronomically stupid FO decision fueled by the fact that they were conned by Bernie Madoff.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 43
« First < 273334353637 38394041 > Last »
Up