Page 37 of 43
« First < 273334353637 38394041 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***2024 NFL Combine Thread***
RunKC 03:13 PM 02-26-2024
Bout that time fellas. Post all things combine related
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:53 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
The thing with LT is that it's just not likely a guy without holes is gonna fall. LT is one spot, similar to DE, that the league has figured out for the most part what to look for.

So you're just gonna have to keep cobbling things together best you can.
Keep cobbling, pay someone big, trade for someone or use this advantageous draft to get a guy with traits you can bet on. I'd take a hard look at Mims and Guyton if they are there.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:53 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And who was this year's fastest?

Keon fucking Coleman.
Keon looks very very smooth in his drills for a guy his size.
[Reply]
O.city 10:56 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Keep cobbling, pay someone big, trade for someone or use this advantageous draft to get a guy with traits you can bet on. I'd take a hard look at Mims and Guyton if they are there.
You'd probably have to get to 17or 18.
I dunno what that would cost.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:58 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Keon looks very very smooth in his drills for a guy his size.
Assuming Thomas Jr., Worthy, and Mitchell are gone, I'd be happy with him at 32.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:02 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Someone has to drop.

There are 4, maybe 5, maybe even 6 QBs that get taken in the first round.

At least five and as many as 8 WRs (Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Thomas, Mitchell, Worthy, McConkey, Franklin, Coleman).

4-5 CBs (McKinstry, DeJean, Arnold, Wiggins, Mitchell, Fakestraw, Lassiter)

At least 3 OTs (Fashanu, Alt, Mims)

Brock Bowers

That’s, at minimum, 18 players and up to 22 players and we haven’t even touched DE, DT, LB, S, or IOl.

And with guys like Fautanu and Suamaitaia and Guyton and Fuaga, there will be options at T. Or, if all those guys go, options at WR.

It’s a good draft and a deep draft, especially at the positions the Chiefs need most. It’s also a good and deep draft at the positions the chiefs need least (QB, CB).
@Ocity. This is where im coming from when i say in the 20s. Theres still several edge rushers, at least one DT and 1 IOL in the first round scrum every year. This is our absolute best chance imo to get the most for the least. Obviously you would have to wait and see how the board falls but I think it would look as favorable as it ever will.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:13 AM 03-04-2024
Spags gonna draft another corner in the mid rds :-)

Originally Posted by :
This is the year to get a nickel corner.

You’ve probably already heard that it’s a great class for offensive linemen (it is utterly amazing) and wide receivers (it’s great, but probably a little gassed at this point). The third position that I think is both rich and deep? Slot cornerback.

The headliner is Michigan’s Mike Sainristil. A two-way player in college who initially landed at Michigan as a receiver, Sainristil switched to defense only in 2022 after the departure of Dax Hill, a first-rounder in that year’s draft selected by the Bengals. At 5-foot-9 and 182 pounds, Sainristil is pretty much limited to the slot on an NFL defense—but he’s quick as a wink, super explosive, and has the ball skills expected of an ex–wide receiver. Only one player ran a quicker short shuttle than Sainristil (4.01 seconds), and he looked smooth as butter in the gauntlet drill.

But even beyond Sainristil, there are some great prospects. Rutgers corner Max Melton, brother of Packers wide receiver Bo Melton, rose over the course of a strong Senior Bowl week and rose again in Indianapolis, where he ran a sub 4.4-second 40-yard dash and jumped over 40 inches. Kentucky’s Andru Phillips hasn’t started much and played primarily on the outside, but his traits translate better to the interior, where his toughness and explosiveness would be welcome. Both Florida State corners, Renardo Green and Jarrian Jones, might be better suited on the interior, as may be the case for Missouri’s Ennis Rakestraw Jr., currently viewed as a late first-round prospect.

If you’re a team with a need at slot corner and you walk out of this draft without a solution, I don’t know what you were looking at
https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2024/3...jr-jj-mccarthy
[Reply]
Mecca 11:18 AM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Spags gonna draft another corner in the mid rds :-)

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2024/3...jr-jj-mccarthy
Mike Sainristil, is the guy that I believe Jalen McMillian said he hated playing most of any CB, said dude was calling out their offensive plays before the snap.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:26 PM 03-04-2024
Some team is gonna trade a fucking haul for JJ McCarthy and I pray to God it’s the Broncos.

"I had a very smart GM tell me 1-2-3-4" for QBs in the 2024 NFL Draft

- @DMRussini https://t.co/zp5tPYI9jk pic.twitter.com/mcXCWqW8lI

— Josh Norris (@JoshNorris) March 4, 2024

[Reply]
ROYC75 01:47 PM 03-04-2024
If Bowers somehow dropped to 17,18 range, we gotta somehow move up to grab. Getting Kelce's replacement for him to groom and play along side for the next 2-3 years is an awesome thought!
[Reply]
Jerm 01:48 PM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
If Bowers somehow dropped to 17,18 range, we gotta somehow move up to grab. Getting Kelce's replacement for him to groom and play along side for the next 2-3 years is an awesome thought!
If he fell past 12 or 13, I'd seriously start considering it then....
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:52 PM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
I think that's the wrong way to look at things.

Instead, look at it as, "What thing does this player do that's SPECIAL, how special is it, and how can we utilize that special thing?"

I think that's how the Chiefs view things, rather than "we dont like this kind of guy or won't draft that kind of guy etc" .
I think that's accurate.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:53 PM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Nobody wants #32, or multiple #30+ picks.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:08 PM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Someone has to drop.

There are 4, maybe 5, maybe even 6 QBs that get taken in the first round.

At least five and as many as 8 WRs (Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, Thomas, Mitchell, Worthy, McConkey, Franklin, Coleman).

4-5 CBs (McKinstry, DeJean, Arnold, Wiggins, Mitchell, Fakestraw, Lassiter)

At least 3 OTs (Fashanu, Alt, Mims)

Brock Bowers

That’s, at minimum, 18 players and up to 22 players and we haven’t even touched DE, DT, LB, S, or IOl.

And with guys like Fautanu and Suamaitaia and Guyton and Fuaga, there will be options at T. Or, if all those guys go, options at WR.

It’s a good draft and a deep draft, especially at the positions the Chiefs need most. It’s also a good and deep draft at the positions the chiefs need least (QB, CB).
Originally Posted by Jerm:
If he fell past 12 or 13, I'd seriously start considering it then....
No way I'm trading that high for a tight end.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:10 PM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Some team is gonna trade a ****ing haul for JJ McCarthy and I pray to God it’s the Broncos.

Harrison drops to the chargers? Great
[Reply]
staylor26 02:22 PM 03-04-2024
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Harrison drops to the chargers? Great
I don't see the Cardinals trading back. They already have a shit ton of picks, and they already passed up on top talent to trade down last year.

If anything, the Chargers will trade back from 5 with a team that's looking for a QB. Much more likely.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 43
« First < 273334353637 38394041 > Last »
Up