ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 185
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
wachashi 08:59 AM 05-04-2022
I wonder who the "really good pass rusher on the other side" is? :-)

I do like that he's already thinking about the damage he can do not having to face double teams.

"I've never been on a private jet before. I think it's gonna be the coolest thing ever." pic.twitter.com/jK9VwqorxZ

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 4, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 09:02 AM 05-04-2022
Well, cut him. He's clearly not very football smart if he thinks we have a good pass rusher on the other side.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:05 AM 05-04-2022
His anticipation is so elite that he knew we were going to UFA Melvin and eventually bring him back.
[Reply]
crispystl 09:06 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And for all of the talk about speed rushers....people get super pissed all the time when those types of DEs get taken out of the play because the OT just let's them run around the back of the QB.

They're nice to have but they can't be your entire defensive line.
All you have to do is remember how frustrating watching Dee Ford play was most of the time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:18 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Exactly why people needed to temper their expectations with who we were going to get.

I would have loved to draft Jermaine Johnson but Karlaftis is 3 years younger and seems to not have any attitude issues. Not saying that it's confirmed that he does....but he fell down for a reason.
I love Karlaftis as a piece. Like you said - your whole line can't be speed guys. And finding someone who can rush the passer with strength/technique is actually DAMN hard to do.

It's what Veach thought we were getting with Clark. And it's hugely important. I just wish we'd have complemented him elsewhere and I don't really see anyone left in FA that does that.

There are lesser versions of the same style of player available, but I don't see anyone that is likely to give a much different look than Karlaftis will.

I guess I'll just have to be patient and hope someone surfaces next season. I mean even someone like Herring, should he blow up somehow, isn't a twitchy player. Nor is Kaindoh. There just isn't anyone on this roster or likely to be added to this roster who brings that style of play.
[Reply]
-King- 09:21 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by crispystl:
All you have to do is remember how frustrating watching Dee Ford play was most of the time.
Eh. I never had a problem with his pass rush. It was always his run defense and ya know....him being brain dead.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:24 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I love Karlaftis as a piece. Like you said - your whole line can't be speed guys. And finding someone who can rush the passer with strength/technique is actually DAMN hard to do.

It's what Veach thought we were getting with Clark. And it's hugely important. I just wish we'd have complemented him elsewhere and I don't really see anyone left in FA that does that.

There are lesser versions of the same style of player available, but I don't see anyone that is likely to give a much different look than Karlaftis will.

I guess I'll just have to be patient and hope someone surfaces next season. I mean even someone like Herring, should he blow up somehow, isn't a twitchy player. Nor is Kaindoh. There just isn't anyone on this roster or likely to be added to this roster who brings that style of play.
Maybe someone will get cut. Or Veach can find a Charvarious Ward on the defensive line. I’m still not sure they’re done.

He specifically mentioned the defensive line and then went out and brought in 5-6 DBs. There were probably a couple of passrushers that got taken before he could get them so I’ll wait and see what he does before Week 1.
[Reply]
O.city 09:24 AM 05-04-2022

Well, don't post about trying to trade for that guy you'll get yelled at by.........

wait.
[Reply]
O.city 09:24 AM 05-04-2022

Well, don't post about trying to trade for that guy you'll get yelled at by.........

wait.
[Reply]
O.city 09:26 AM 05-04-2022
On a serious note, if you want a real twitchy guy at the other DE, you're probably gonna have to expound some resources for him.
[Reply]
O.city 09:27 AM 05-04-2022
Or you get lucky and Frank Clark goes back to the guy he was in Seattle.
[Reply]
crispystl 09:28 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Eh. I never had a problem with his pass rush. It was always his run defense and ya know....him being brain dead.
Yeah, but I think since he relied so much on speed his long wide angles to the QB took him out of a lot of plays and made the tackles' job easier. I think the Franchise was just pointing this out as a weakness many speed rushers have.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:32 AM 05-04-2022
I’d be interested to see what Cullen thinks of Chaisson in Jacksonville. He was a first round pick that hasn’t done a ton in the league. Reports during the draft was that he was raw.
[Reply]
O.city 09:56 AM 05-04-2022
Chaisson isn't good though.
[Reply]
JPH83 10:08 AM 05-04-2022

Kaindoh isn't twitchy, and I'm not sure there's loads he does well so obviously there's a good chance he doesn't make it. But his length and bend do offer something different. What we don't have is a speed rusher. But half the time someone like Bonitto was mentioned everyone complained about his ability against the run.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:24 AM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
On a serious note, if you want a real twitchy guy at the other DE, you're probably gonna have to expound some resources for him.
Jerry Hughes could probably be had for a few million a year.

[IMG]

Jerry Hughes ranks among Edge Rushers this season

💪 81.2 pass rush grade (15th)
💪 46 hurries (10th)
💪 19.1% pass rush win rate (13th) pic.twitter.com/ZnmG4pMVEu

— PFF BUF Bills (@PFF_Bills) February 10, 2022
[/IMG]
[Reply]
Page 37 of 185
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Up