Page 37 of 103
« First < 273334353637 383940414787 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 07:50 AM 03-19-2022
2022 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:12 PM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
My apologies I stand corrected. I thought they had dropped that when they dropped testing to return.

Of course the policy makes no sense whatsoever.
When’s the last time you went to Canada by chance?

I went in May/June. I had to be vaccinated to enter the country or be subject to a 14 day quarantine. Even then, I was still “randomly” selected for testing and if I tested positive, I would have had to quarantine in Quebec. U.S. policy still is crazy, too.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:55 PM 07-24-2022
Uh oh...

Jasson Dominguez and Trey Sweeney just got pulled from their Yankees games, Sweeney was working on hitting for the cycle.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:11 PM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Uh oh...

Jasson Dominguez and Trey Sweeney just got pulled from their Yankees games, Sweeney was working on hitting for the cycle.
I can't see Sweeney moving the needle in a Soto trade.

Feels more like a Castillo deal...
[Reply]
jd1020 03:12 PM 07-24-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I can't see Sweeney moving the needle in a Soto trade.

Feels more like a Castillo deal...
It's most likely nothing. It's definitely not Soto because theres no news on Volpe and they just started playing 7 mins ago.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:19 PM 07-24-2022
No surprise but Matz out for the year with an MCL.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:07 PM 07-24-2022
Cardinals are in DC this weekend. Sure would be an easy transition for Soto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
jd1020 10:57 AM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

Soto is going to strikeout 4 times and Mozeliak is going to say, "Nothing Tyler O'Neill cant do when he comes back."
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:37 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

Can't see the Cardinals paying his contract demands.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:44 PM 07-25-2022
https://nypost.com/2022/07/24/cardin...e-sweepstakes/

Not that it means anything at all but the NY Post seems to think the Cards are the front runners.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:47 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Can't see the Cardinals paying his contract demands.
I don’t see that either. But, that doesn’t mean they won’t go all in for the next two years. Goldy/Soto/Arenado could wreck teams in the playoffs.
[Reply]
VAChief 07:56 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
No surprise but Matz out for the year with an MCL.
I was at that game in Cincy...he looked like he knew he was done heading into the dugout.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:59 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
https://nypost.com/2022/07/24/cardin...e-sweepstakes/

Not that it means anything at all but the NY Post seems to think the Cards are the front runners.
That's a click bait title from a couple of Boras shills. Sherman and Heyman have Boras on their radio show like every other fucking day.

Its basically just a list of teams that can possibly swing the deal and for whatever reason they put Cardinals in the title.

There's another article going around that supposedly asked 17 MLB executives who they believed were the top landing spots and the list is like 13 teams long with the Padres and Dodgers as the highest responses with 8 and 7 votes. Cardinals and Mets had 3 votes. Bunch of other teams had a random number of responses. In other words, no one has heard a fucking thing about anything legit and its all just speculative click bait bullshit.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:06 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by VAChief:
I was at that game in Cincy...he looked like he knew he was done heading into the dugout.
Well, we all knew he was done heading into Spring training. Glad he finally caught up.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:28 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
That's a click bait title from a couple of Boras shills. Sherman and Heyman have Boras on their radio show like every other fucking day.

Its basically just a list of teams that can possibly swing the deal and for whatever reason they put Cardinals in the title.

There's another article going around that supposedly asked 17 MLB executives who they believed were the top landing spots and the list is like 13 teams long with the Padres and Dodgers as the highest responses with 8 and 7 votes. Cardinals and Mets had 3 votes. Bunch of other teams had a random number of responses. In other words, no one has heard a fucking thing about anything legit and its all just speculative click bait bullshit.
The Padres are probably the biggest concern for me.

Extremely aggressive GM and they have some very nice pieces. Hassell would be pretty near Walker in terms of long-term upside. They'd need to believe that Campusano can play 1b, though - they have Ruiz and I think he's a better defender. Can Campusano's bat profile at 1b? As a legitimate asset, I mean; not a placeholder.

What would have to swing it is almost certainly Abrams and Gore. The Nationals would have to have faith in those guys previous status as being more representative of who they can be.

And if they do - Abrams, Gore, Hassell and Campusano would be a REALLY tough package to top. But if Abrams and Gore don't trip their trigger, I don't see anyone else in that system that's going to turn anyone's head.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:45 PM 07-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Padres are probably the biggest concern for me.
I honestly dont see it getting done before the deadline.

I've heard that at least 2 potential buyers would prefer to buy the team with Soto.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 103
« First < 273334353637 383940414787 > Last »
Up