ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3684 of 3903
« First < 2684318435843634367436803681368236833684 3685368636873688369437343784 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:32 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Meanwhile 100’s of thousands are pouring over the southern border each month with reportedly a 40% positive Covid rate. The next variant has already began in South America so how long will it take to reach the US? Meanwhile neighbors and friends scream at each other about vax vs unvaxxed and often blaming political ideologies but the real “superspreader” event is happening daily pouring over the border. Now let’s talk about who has blood on their hands. Do you like apples? How about them apples?

[Reply]
loochy 05:53 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
From another forum. The people who purvey this anti-vaxx nonsense have blood on their hands.
No, that man made his own decisions and had to deal with it. Don't push the blame. He knew damn well what he was reading.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:59 AM 08-24-2021
Meanwhile 100’s of thousands are pouring over the southern border each month with reportedly a 40% positive Covid rate. The next variant has already began in South America so how long will it take to reach the US? Meanwhile neighbors and friends scream at each other about vax vs unvaxxed and often blaming political ideologies but the real “superspreader” event is happening daily pouring over the border. Now let’s talk about who has blood on their hands. Do you like apples? How about them apples?
I'd expect no less than a "Raiders fan" who thinks Carr isn't a good QB. Your ignorance and devouring of stupidity is epic.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:46 AM 08-24-2021
I think you're more like Ben Affleck and less like Matt Damon.

"Reeeeetainer."
[Reply]
loochy 07:13 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I'd expect no less than a "Raiders fan" who thinks Carr isn't a good QB. Your ignorance and devouring of stupidity is epic.
Woah woah woah, let's not get crazy here. Carr sucks.
[Reply]
TLO 07:32 AM 08-24-2021
Good read.

mRNA Vaccination Induces Durable Immune Memory to SARS-CoV-2 with Continued Evolution to Variants of Concern

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...08.23.457229v1
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:39 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Woah woah woah, let's not get crazy here. Carr sucks.
Only compared to Mahomes, Rogers, and Russell. No other QBs in the NFL are that much better than Carr.
[Reply]
jdubya 08:47 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Take your political bullshit to DC... no one here cared the first time and pretty much everything you said is hearsay from one of the dumbest politicians in the US, which has been repeatedly refuted over the past couple of weeks.
This thread went full political pages ago but I guess it’s bullshit if you disagree with one take. Sorry that the elephant in the room got crushed. And pretty much everything I stated is what I have been hearing on my local Bay Area news which leans fairly left but their interviews are with agents working on the border. As far as “dumbest politicians” you will have to be more specific than that as that is currently a large list starting at the very top today lol.

Here’s a reference to the numbers I stated earlier:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp

U.S. authorities intercepted 180,034 migrants along the Mexico border in May, and a growing share have been arriving from nations outside Central America and Mexico, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection data published Wednesday showing illegal crossing at a new 20-year high.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:48 AM 08-24-2021
My Aunt that lives in TX and is on par with the rabid anit-vaxers here was admitted to the ER with covid around 2am this morning. Last I heard she is not doing well. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 09:02 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
My Aunt that lives in TX and is on par with the rabid anit-vaxers here was admitted to the ER with covid around 2am this morning. Last I heard she is not doing well. :-)
Is she an illegal Mexican immigrant? I hear that's the source of all the problems in Texas.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:03 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Is she an illegal Mexican immigrant? I hear that's the source of all the problems in Texas.
:-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:23 AM 08-24-2021
This thread went full political pages ago but I guess it’s bullshit if you disagree with one take. Sorry that the elephant in the room got crushed. And pretty much everything I stated is what I have been hearing on my local Bay Area news which leans fairly left but their interviews are with agents working on the border. As far as “dumbest politicians” you will have to be more specific than that as that is currently a large list starting at the very top today lol.

U.S. authorities intercepted 180,034 migrants along the Mexico border in May, and a growing share have been arriving from nations outside Central America and Mexico, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection data published Wednesday showing illegal crossing at a new 20-year high.
Yeah, everyone thinks it's about censorship and "you just don't like my opinion", yet never look in the mirror.

There's plenty in this thread I've been skeptical about (without booting everyone) and everyone has their own biases of course, but generally the people who get booted from this thread are just here to stir shit one way or another.... of course politicizing things (and "other people are doing it" isn't an adult argument), or repeating the same things over and over and over to cause drama (and it's the 2nd time now you've brought this up when it was completelyoff topic), or stating those things as fact with nothing to back it up and having no interest in discussion (and I believe that's the first link you've provided).

I googled around last night and easily found several articles about it... several mentioning the 180k number, but a few also mentioned 80% of those people are denied entry... and other articles that go into detail about how all of that works with detainment and Covid testing.

Do I "agree" with what I read? Well, like just about everything, the truth is generally in the middle if you can find an outlet that doesn't have an agenda to grind.

I'm also not going to steamroll into a thread, completely change the topic (twice) while thinly veiling it into political bullshit because I heard something in my echo chamber that I can get on board with to "own" the other side.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:35 AM 08-24-2021

You stated that 40% of those crossing the border were covid positive. Nowhere in that article did it state that.

Please cite that reference.
[Reply]
TLO 09:50 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You stated that 40% of those crossing the border were covid positive. Nowhere in that article did it state that.

Please cite that reference.

[Reply]
Fat Elvis 09:52 AM 08-24-2021

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Page 3684 of 3903
« First < 2684318435843634367436803681368236833684 3685368636873688369437343784 > Last »
Up