ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3675 of 3903
« First < 2675317535753625366536713672367336743675 3676367736783679368537253775 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:01 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
https://www.mississippifreepress.org...reat-covid-19/
I can't believe people would actually be that stupid.
[Reply]
eDave 02:13 PM 08-21-2021
City of Phoenix sending out vans with COVID vaccines, testing
[Reply]
wazu 03:35 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Cool.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:50 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Ivermectin has not been approved by the FDA for use in treating or preventing COVID 19

Yeah, well neither have any of the vaccines (yet)

Just saying
You want to inject that into your system, go right ahead. Encourage as many folks as you like.
[Reply]
loochy 04:59 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
You want to inject that into your system, go right ahead. Encourage as many folks as you like.
I don't.

But the "not approved by the FDA" argument is a bit comical.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:00 PM 08-21-2021
I don't.

But the "not approved by the FDA" argument is a bit comical.
What argument? Inject away, FFS.

That goes for pool cleaner as well.
[Reply]
loochy 05:01 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Oh yeah, that will really work.

Listen, the number of people that haven't gotten a vaccine because they lack access is astoundingly small. The people that aren't vaccinated aren't vaccinated because they don't want to be.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:06 PM 08-21-2021

Listen, the number of people that haven't gotten a vaccine because they lack access is astoundingly small. The people that aren't vaccinated aren't vaccinated because they don't want to be.

I'm here for this. pic.twitter.com/GABaLDmEbZ

— Travon Free (@Travon) August 11, 2021

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:37 PM 08-21-2021

Kawasaki disease is the scariest! Seriously, this is what I talk about when I say I do risk assessment. I have a very low risk of A) getting COVID, and B) dying of it if I do. Why would I risk getting heart attack or paralysis by getting the vaccine?

— Phil Valentine (@ValentineShow) December 8, 2020

[Reply]
jdubya 06:39 PM 08-21-2021

Or maybe they are still trying to gather more info to find what is best for them. I don't think yelling or shaming people to get vaxed is very effective....in fact likely quite the opposite. Just encourage all to have a discussion with their PMD`s and go from there.

I respect whatever choice one makes. It's a personal decision.
[Reply]
eDave 06:57 PM 08-21-2021

Ceasing to try is a bad option.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:57 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Or maybe they are still trying to gather more info to find what is best for them. I don't think yelling or shaming people to get vaxed is very effective....in fact likely quite the opposite. Just encourage all to have a discussion with their PMD`s and go from there.

I respect whatever choice one makes. It's a personal decision.
I'm not sure what good a conversation would do. They've likely seen the data and fully understand that the vaccine isn't going to hurt them. What more could one possibly say to someone like that?
[Reply]
DaFace 07:11 PM 08-21-2021
Ivermectin has not been approved by the FDA for use in treating or preventing COVID 19

Yeah, well neither have any of the vaccines (yet)

Just saying
That's a little disingenuous, but sure, if you want to play semantics. There's a pretty big difference between "this is conditionally approved because we're 99% sure it works but need more data to be 100% sure" and "we shouldn't have to tell people not to take horse pills," though.

I'm very curious if the full approval is truly the reason some people are hesitating. I'm pretty skeptical, but I guess we'll see what happens after Monday's (probable) approval.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:13 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

You hate to see it.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:20 PM 08-21-2021
Cyndy O’Brien, an emergency room nurse at Ocean Springs Hospital on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi, could not believe her eyes as she arrived for work. There were people sprawled out in their cars gasping for air as three ambulances with gravely ill patients idled in the parking lot. Just inside the front doors, a crush of anxious people jostled to get the attention of an overwhelmed triage nurse.

“It’s like a war zone,” said Ms. O’Brien, who is the patient care coordinator at Singing River, a small health system near the Alabama border that includes Ocean Springs. “We are just barraged with patients and have nowhere to put them.”

The bottleneck, however, has little to do with a lack of space. Nearly 30 percent of Singing River’s 500 beds are empty. With 169 unfilled nursing positions, administrators must keep the beds empty.

Nursing shortages have long vexed hospitals. But in the year and a half since its ferocious debut in the United States, the coronavirus pandemic has stretched the nation’s nurses as never before, testing their skills and stamina as desperately ill patients with a poorly understood malady flooded emergency rooms. They remained steadfast amid a calamitous shortage of personal protective equipment; spurred by a sense of duty, they flocked from across the country to the newest hot zones, sometimes working as volunteers. More than 1,200 of them have died from the virus.

The staffing shortages have a hospital-wide domino effect. When hospitals lack nurses to treat those who need less intensive care, emergency rooms and I.C.U.s are unable to move out patients, creating a traffic jam that limits their ability to admit new ones. One in five I.C.U.s are at least 95 percent capacity, according to an analysis by The New York Times, a level experts say makes it difficult to maintain standards of care for the very sick.

Oregon’s governor has ordered 1,500 National Guard troops to help tapped-out hospital staff. Officials in a Florida county where hospitals are over capacity are urging residents “to consider other options” before calling 911. And a Houston man with six gunshot wounds had to wait a week before Harris Health, one of the country’s largest hospital systems, could fit him in for surgery to repair a shattered shoulder.

“If it’s a broken ankle that needs a pin, it’s going to have to wait. Our nurses are working so hard, but they can only do so much,” said Maureen Padilla, who oversees nursing at Harris Health. The system has 400 openings for bedside nurses, including 17 that became vacant in the last three weeks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/21/h...age-delta.html
[Reply]
Page 3675 of 3903
« First < 2675317535753625366536713672367336743675 3676367736783679368537253775 > Last »
Up