ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 367 of 367
« First < 267317357363364365366367
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:00 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
Ha.

We gotta use those in the shop all the time. Especially with some of the Optimas are any of the non-mainstream specialty batteries.

Optimas are totally pieces of shit btw. Don't care what anyone says. Had more of those things go flat on us than any other battery.

A lot of these aftermarket electronics that are meant to have very minimal draw, will still draw enough to kill a battery over time.

Most recently we had a car that kept killing batteries and figured out it was the Remote Proximity Keyless Entry. Faulty control module. It was always searching for a signal (as it's suppose to) but the draw was too high.

But yeah...what's this winterizing shit? LOL
Yup Optimas are shit. I killed 2 of them before I went to a Duracell.

I have an RFID keyfob w/ pushbutton start, and a programmable smart harness that will kill a battery in about a week to 10 days if I don't put a charger on it or use the battery disconnect in the trunk. I think its doing the same type thing looking for a signal all the time or something.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:02 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They're here!!!

I'm pretty damn stoked to get this project moving after several years of dicking around with it. Lord these things are slick.
Nothing like new upgrades to get you pumped up again.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:17 PM Yesterday
Mechanic has 4 new tires and.....3 wheels.

FUCK!

Backordered on my 4th wheel. Evidently they have the pieces and just need to weld them before shipping so they're expected there around July 1. I'm guessing probably the Monday after the 4th (so July 8?).

Bummer. Puts me about 2 weeks further back but it's 1 BILLION degrees right now so I wouldn't be driving it anyway. He got all the shocks mounted; says they went on really easily so that's a good sign.

Gonna probably replace the compressor. I'm getting an odd vibration in the steering wheel when I have the AC on and I think that's the compressor failing when it tries to engage and creating a little 'zing' in the serpentine belt when the compressor creates some feedback. Best guess I've got anyway. He's gonna give that a look this week. AC hasn't blown very cold in a couple years so I'm gonna guess it was failing and finally quit outright.

{sets more money on fire}

About $4k into it at this point. Not great, not awful. But I think this should all make an enormous difference in driveability.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:37 PM Yesterday
Well damn - guess he got the rears on already....

{giddy schoolgirl noises}
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:50 PM Yesterday
Yeah that's pretty much the "go-to" when it comes to 15". Probably your top option.
I went with the Radial T/As (obviously) but almost talked myself into the Cooper Cobras because I thought they looked damn good.

The folks online weren't kind to them, though. Unfortunately it's hard to know how much faith to put into those guys; cult followings spring up around everything.

But the consensus was "when I see Cobras on these cars, I just think someone went cheap..."

You have any experience with them?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:37 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I went with the Radial T/As (obviously) but almost talked myself into the Cooper Cobras because I thought they looked damn good.

The folks online weren't kind to them, though. Unfortunately it's hard to know how much faith to put into those guys; cult followings spring up around everything.

But the consensus was "when I see Cobras on these cars, I just think someone went cheap..."

You have any experience with them?
We pretty much just run the BFG's. We've used the Cobras maybe once recently, but not enough for to give you any input on.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:50 PM Yesterday
We pretty much just run the BFG's. We've used the Cobras maybe once recently, but not enough for to give you any input on.
Thankya.

Yeah - the Firestones and Coopers and all that looked good; maybe a little more unique than the BFGs, but man, when EVERYONE uses those, there's gotta be a reason.

So I went full lemming on that one; just followed the crowd...
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:55 PM Yesterday
Radial TA's have been the gold standard for regular hotrod (non Autocross or Drag racing) tires for decades. I've run them on many a car over the years.

I've had the Cooper Cobra's as well but the TA is just a nicer tire.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 05:22 PM Yesterday
I sold Cooper tires back in the way back days. The Cobras were a pretty good tire IMHO. I had them on my 64 Caddy. I would however say that the Radial TA's are a superior tire for that style/look. I had Goodyear Eagle ST's on my Camaro. That was at nice, good looking tire for street. Unfortunately they are no longer manufactured.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:28 PM Yesterday
All I know is every shortwide in my high school was on cobras back in the day. And I live in north east ok so there were aaallllooooooot of shortwide trucks lol. 15x10 wheels and some wide ass cobras.
[Reply]
Page 367 of 367
« First < 267317357363364365366367
Up