ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 362 of 469
« First < 262312352358359360361362 363364365366372412462 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 10:30 AM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
Keep an eye on this. Not that Bobby Witt would do it but if he did I'm guessing this will set his market.

Rodriguez has been better than Bobby so far so hopefully it'd be less.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:35 AM 08-26-2022
Keep an eye on this. Not that Bobby Witt would do it but if he did I'm guessing this will set his market.

I think Witt might actually be amenable to it.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:49 AM 08-26-2022
Finally, a non Matheny post. Progress.

Source: Mariners outfielder Julio Rodriguez is finalizing a deal with the Mariners. The deal is expected to guarantee him more than $200 million with the possibility earning him as much as $450 million plus.

— Jesse Sanchez (@JesseSanchezMLB) August 26, 2022

I’d never do this for anyone. Tatis and Cody Bellinger are my evidence
[Reply]
Mecca 10:51 AM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

Other than injury Tatis has been a cornerstone player...
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:53 AM 08-26-2022
Same with bellinger. Soto scratched for back issues last nite. The point is obv
[Reply]
Mecca 10:54 AM 08-26-2022
Same with bellinger. Soto scratched for back issues last nite. The point is obv
In reality Tatis is probably the most likely to end up being worth his deal, SS, hits for power, can run..getting his shoulder issue dealt with.

It's hard to complain a team with a history of not spending locked up it's star.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:55 AM 08-26-2022
210 million guaranteed over 14 years. Incentives can push it up to over 400 million.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:58 AM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
In reality Tatis is probably the most likely to end up being worth his deal, SS, hits for power, can run..getting his shoulder issue dealt with.

It's hard to complain a team with a history of not spending locked up it's star.
I wonder if Tatis was so good due to juicing. We will see if his super powers are sapped
[Reply]
Mecca 11:00 AM 08-26-2022
I wonder if Tatis was so good due to juicing. We will see if his super powers are sapped
I always think the juicing aspect of baseball is overrated, he doesn't look like a roid monster.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:07 AM 08-26-2022

I don't understand why all the talk is just about Bobby. Melendez and Pasquantino have been just as good or better. Why are they treated differently? To me I'm most confident in Melendez at this time out of those 3 longterm. I'd work on him, and suspect it would be easier to get something done with him vs Witt Jr.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:21 PM 08-26-2022

The base of the deal is for eight years and $120 million. It includes this season and runs through 2029. After 2028, the Mariners must decide whether to pick up a club option. The size and length of that depends on Rodriguez’s performance in MVP voting.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 26, 2022

Now, if the Mariners don’t pick up the option after Year 7, Rodriguez has a player option after Year 8 for five years and $90 million — thus, the 13-year structure and $210 million floor. He could turn it down and hit free agency right before his 30th birthday, too.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 26, 2022

Lots of options to this contract.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:27 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't understand why all the talk is just about Bobby. Melendez and Pasquantino have been just as good or better. Why are they treated differently? To me I'm most confident in Melendez at this time out of those 3 longterm. I'd work on him, and suspect it would be easier to get something done with him vs Witt Jr.

All the talk about BWJ because he's the No. 2 pick. But that doesn't mean they can't or won't extend other players. In fact, they probably need to approach a couple more so the current crop of rookies isn't all on the same service time schedule -- they need to stagger things so they don't all hit arbitration/FA at the same time.

Plus, they also might trade one of those guys in the offseason.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:31 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
All the talk about BWJ because he's the No. 2 pick. But that doesn't mean they can't or won't extend other players. In fact, they probably need to approach a couple more so the current crop of rookies isn't all on the same service time schedule -- they need to stagger things so they don't all hit arbitration/FA at the same time.

Plus, they also might trade one of those guys in the offseason.
The Royals really struggle with the idea of having a staggered system where you draft good players every year...as soon as guys come up the system becomes bare.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 01:13 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

Lots of options to this contract.
JJ, take note. Time to get similar deals done for bwj, mj, vp
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 02:06 PM 08-26-2022

I wouldn’t either. There are many, many players that are top prospects and bust and even quite a few that come up and have early success and bust. Maybe Rodriguez is the next HoFer or maybe he’s the next Jayson Heyward. Or maybe he gets injured on a freak play and suddenly his power completely leaves him(Acuna), or maybe the can’t miss guy who is a once in a generation misses(Franco…?). It’s still early with contracts like this to know long term impacts as there haven’t been that many signed to them, but it’s pretty rare to have a guy come up and just dominate for 10 straight years. That’s basically what he has to do to earn this. I’m ok if the royals want to do a Scott Kingery 6/24 million type deal with guys which is relatively inexpensive if things go south like it did for the Phillies, but these 10 year 200+ million contracts are going to bite some clubs in the ass.
[Reply]
Page 362 of 469
« First < 262312352358359360361362 363364365366372412462 > Last »
Up