ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 362 of 3903
« First < 262312352358359360361362 3633643653663724124628621362 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
luv 10:55 AM 03-17-2020
Boyfriend's restaurant closed the dining room today. They're not exactly a to-go order type of place, but they have a faithful following among the fine dining crowd. They created a limited to-go menu that they will deliver curbside or meet you at the door. They're also starting delivery using grubhub.

There are three owners (chef, bar, and foh) and my boyfriend (sous chef) that are salaried, and they kept on one hourly kitchen staff. Boyfriend is still scared that he could wind up getting the temporary ax.

It sucks for everyone in that industry. If you have a local establishment that is offering curbside, please be inclined to stop by to pick something up. It will help more than you know. If laid off, they can collect unemployment, but it's not nearly the same and it will be difficult to find work whenever nearly everyone in that industry is out doing the same thing. My job is just fine, but please keep us in your thoughts, as things could still potentially go sideways for us for a little while.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:55 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I can't imagine dentists are begging to go to work either...
And I just started getting a toothache last week.

Images of Tom Hanks in Castaway...

Why does every damn thing related to Coronavirus have to go through Tom Hanks...
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:55 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
They shut down the entire country. My boss's parents live in Chongqing - a city with 30 million people. When they got 10 positive tests there, they shut the whole city down.

Sounds like similar to what we're doing now - only essential businesses still open, but people can still go to work and go for walks - not like the super hardcore lockdown in Wuhan where you can't even be out on the streets except once a week to buy groceries.
Exactly... Nailed it!

Much better to do this then to let the virus continue to spread.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:56 AM 03-17-2020
What form of zinc? Seems like there's an endless variety out there. Not ZMA right? I tried that stuff once and it gave me freaky dreams.
I recommend Zicam.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:57 AM 03-17-2020
What form of zinc? Seems like there's an endless variety out there. Not ZMA right? I tried that stuff once and it gave me freaky dreams.
The one I bought was Olly - Active Immunity + Elderberry. Echinacea, Zinc and Vitamin C gummies.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:59 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The one I bought was Olly - Active Immunity + Elderberry. Echinacea, Zinc and Vitamin C gummies.
Cool, thanks.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:00 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Dude.

This is so dumb as to not even merit a response. You're welcome to click 'find more posts by this user' and actually read what I've said if you'd like. But if you just want to sit there and kick straw men - well, it's your time.
I suggest you do the same instead of accusing people of advocating martial law without telling the whole story.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:06 AM 03-17-2020
From my friend in Berkeley, CA:
Attached: whereswaldo.jpg (63.9 KB) 
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:07 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Fingers crossed
Yeah hopefully if it does pause we do everything we can to make a plan for it to potentially come roaring back in the winter. I fear we'll get complacent again.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:08 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I suggest you do the same instead of accusing people of advocating martial law without telling the whole story.
Or as Marco Rubio says, Marshall law. No wait, he corrected it to marital law. Can't make this shit up.

Mods please don't ban me it's funny and no one likes Rubio anyway :-)
[Reply]
Strongside 11:10 AM 03-17-2020
Yeah hopefully if it does pause we do everything we can to make a plan for it to potentially come roaring back in the winter. I fear we'll get complacent again.
I think the main hope there is that it slows enough to allow for an expedited vaccine to possibly be pushed through. I know that's a long shot, but man...if this slows in the summer months and then a vaccine is available in the fall...that will be huge.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:13 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
What exactly do you have to take umbrage with here?

I mean, apart from you ignoring the repeated instances of me saying "people should not pretend like this isn't here and try to carry on with their everyday lives..." what 'whole story' have I not spoken to? And apart from the fact that you HAVE advocated for martial law, 'indirectly' as you have conceded, what frustrations do you have with being 'accused' of it?

You HAVE advocated for martial law. I HAVE spoken directly to the folly of 'business as usual'. Neither of these facts are even remotely in dispute.

So what precisely are you bitching about?
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:14 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Strongside:
I think the main hope there is that it slows enough to allow for an expedited vaccine to possibly be pushed through. I know that's a long shot, but man...if this slows in the summer months and then a vaccine is available in the fall...that will be huge.
From everything I've read, next winter is the best case scenario for a vaccine.

What we could have in place is comprehensive testing like S. Korea, an isolation plan for people who test positive, more ICU beds and ventilators, and maybe some new treatments.

And I still have a hunch we're going to find out everyone wearing a mask when it's cold out, like a lot of Asian countries already do, makes a difference.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:17 AM 03-17-2020
From everything I've read, next winter is the best case scenario for a vaccine.

What we could have in place is comprehensive testing like S. Korea, an isolation plan for people who test positive, more ICU beds and ventilators, and maybe some new treatments.

And I still have a hunch we're going to find out everyone wearing a mask when it's cold out, like a lot of Asian countries already do, makes a difference.
Make it illegals to not wear mask in publik - don't even know if I'm joking?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:18 AM 03-17-2020

Drone views of the Costco in Los Feliz an hour before opening 👀 pic.twitter.com/A6w5TG44fu

— Los Angeles Times (@latimes) March 17, 2020

[Reply]
Page 362 of 3903
« First < 262312352358359360361362 3633643653663724124628621362 > Last »
Up