ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 361 of 383
« First < 261311351357358359360361 362363364365371 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 03:58 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by Shag:
Anyone have any brewery recommendations for downtown San Antonio or Austin?
It's not a brewery and it's not downtown, but have to call out Flying Saucer in San Antonio, as I miss it every time I'm in KC (RIP).

If you like bourbon, Devil's River is in downtown San Antonio... think they mostly do flavored stuff, like coffee bourbon, but it's tries hard to be a bourbon and not a sweetened down mess.

This has probably been no help, but let us know what you try!
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:01 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Not to change your subject but wanted to call out an SD tap takeover this weekend in PHX with a number of beers from North Park and Seek.

Seek was completely new for me. Felt they were under North Park a bit but still enjoyable. Of course everything was tasting great after awhile.
I've seen King's killing it lately with Bottle Logic, Drekker takeovers, Ales of the Crypt.... I really should just unfollow them. :-)

I think a beer nerd friend mentioned Seek when I was in SD, but never did try them.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:26 PM 04-10-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I've seen King's killing it lately with Bottle Logic, Drekker takeovers, Ales of the Crypt.... I really should just unfollow them. :-)

I think a beer nerd friend mentioned Seek when I was in SD, but never did try them.
What PHX lacks in homegrown breweries they really make up for with their distribution deals.

SoCal, Denver, Chicago, Decorah, Portland, and Florida are really well represented here.

Excluding STL and some of the New England heavyweights, they're really targeting the top beer markets in the US.
[Reply]
Shag 09:36 PM 04-10-2023
Hopefully Timbone sees this post and can chime is as he seems pretty well versed in the Austin scene.

From what I know, Jester King is an obvious choice outside of Austin. If you got the time, and don't get your BBQ fix at JK, then I'd recommend the 20 minute drive to Driftwood and Salt Lick BBQ (there's usually a wait).

Live Oak in Austin for Euro styles.

Oddwood Ales in Austin, especially if you're into lagers.

Pinthouse Pizza, several locations around Austin with some really good IPAs.
It's not a brewery and it's not downtown, but have to call out Flying Saucer in San Antonio, as I miss it every time I'm in KC (RIP).

If you like bourbon, Devil's River is in downtown San Antonio... think they mostly do flavored stuff, like coffee bourbon, but it's tries hard to be a bourbon and not a sweetened down mess.

This has probably been no help, but let us know what you try!
Thanks, fellas. Going to try and make it to JK, but may not end up having time - only there for a day with limited time. I'll look into the other spots, see what looks good. Seems like lots of good options in both places, will report back what I find - hopefully, my customers like beer, lol.

:-)
[Reply]
Shag 09:37 PM 04-10-2023
Not to change your subject but wanted to call out an SD tap takeover this weekend in PHX with a number of beers from North Park and Seek.

Seek was completely new for me. Felt they were under North Park a bit but still enjoyable. Of course everything was tasting great after awhile.
NPBC just keeps putting out great beer, awesome that you have access to some of it. I've not made it to Seek yet, but it's on the list - kind of forgot about it, tbh. Were those the only two SD breweries representing at the event?
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:36 AM 04-11-2023
NPBC just keeps putting out great beer, awesome that you have access to some of it. I've not made it to Seek yet, but it's on the list - kind of forgot about it, tbh. Were those the only two SD breweries representing at the event?
They were the only 2

Seems an ownership group of 3 of the our best beer bars have a distribution relationship with NPBC and now I'm guessing Seek

[Reply]
Pablo 07:16 PM 04-14-2023
This shit is the gooooods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
phisherman 10:59 AM 04-15-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
This shit is the gooooods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It gets overshadowed a bit in the KC hop scene because of Alma Mader and BKS but Rad AF has always been up there. I was at the brewery getting ready to work a festival when GABF announced their bronze medal in the Hazy IPA last year. It was neat to celebrate with the owners and then we proceeded to get blasted at the fest!
[Reply]
lewdog 03:32 PM 04-15-2023
Nothing special. Just an easy drinking beer.
Attached: A88A0180-D183-428F-869C-1DB8D7CAF8AF.jpg (80.8 KB) 
[Reply]
lewdog 04:03 PM 04-15-2023
Pool season is upon us.
Attached: 6554AAE3-6AA4-4469-95F2-D048F651D992.jpg (65.4 KB) 
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:47 PM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Pool season is upon us.
Heck yeah

Drinking barrel aged stouts by my own pool is the definition of paradise

[Reply]
scho63 03:32 PM 04-16-2023
Heck yeah

Drinking barrel aged stouts by my own pool ALONE IN PEACE is the definition of paradise

FYP
:-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:43 PM 04-16-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Pool season is upon us.
Heck yeah

Drinking barrel aged stouts by my own pool is the definition of paradise
I'm down.

[Reply]
scho63 04:03 PM 04-16-2023
I'm down.

That looks very interesting :-)
[Reply]
myselff77 06:37 PM 04-16-2023
Anyone have any brewery recommendations for downtown San Antonio or Austin?
San Antonio - Weathered Souls is the best brewery here, however it’s a little bit north of downtown. Kunstler brewing is a bit more downtown. I haven’t checked it out yet, but I want to.
[Reply]
Page 361 of 383
« First < 261311351357358359360361 362363364365371 > Last »
Up