ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 91
« First < 263233343536 373839404686 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
Monticore 09:35 AM 04-26-2024
Not sure worthy fixes the redzone issues.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:37 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Yes he does… one of the best ways to fix red zone problems is to avoid having to run red zone offense entirely be scoring on explosive plays.

Worthy will help bring back the explosive plays to the Chiefs offense.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:39 AM 04-26-2024
His splits alone makes him a red zone threat.

The days of fade passes to Gonzalez in the end zone are way behind us.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:39 AM 04-26-2024
You must be under the impression that "fixing red zone issues" means having a 6-4" WR that you throw fades to like it's automatic or something.

That just aint a real thing, my guy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:39 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:

Also, i do think there are some plays in there that really exhibit his "stupid" speed. That play against Wyoming where he took a 1 yard checkdown and housed it.....ooooof. He just broke those poor kids angles. Just blew some good angles wide open. I thought that was a great exhibit of his speed in action.
Oddly enough, it was a touchdown that really made me cock my head a bit. The play against Houston.

What could go better for him on that play? Completely free release, DB even seems to expect an inside release and gives Worthy the outside free of charge. Worthy's going against a fairly average college DB and has a full head of steam. He pulls out by a half a stride on him?

Took a perfect ball to get that score on a play where I really would've expected a burner to just leave the guy in his wake. But that isn't what I saw. He had a forgettable college CB right there as the ball was coming in and if it's not a dime, it's probably knocked away.

I dunno - maybe you're right and I'm being unreasonable about what a deep threat truly is. But that wasn't the kind of play that made me think "yeah, this guy should be setting records at the combine..."

He just looked like an ordinary deep threat there.
[Reply]
wazu 09:39 AM 04-26-2024
Dude gets separation. At the very least that helps compared to the dudes we've been rolling with.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:39 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
That's probably accurate. He probably plays more at a high 4.2's, low 4.3's.

The Tyreek comparisons are just unfair though. There's NO ONE like Tyreek. I think what you're seeing, regarding the difference between Tyreek and someone like Worthy, is much more about Tyreek.

IMO, what you may be seeing is Tyreek's ability to not lose speed when the pads come on and the game wears late. Tyreek is 4.2 all the ****ing time, every snap.

With guys like Worthy or Waddle etc....i think it's fair to assume that as the pads go on and the physicality of the game wears them down from getting roughed up while running go routes all game, that the speed diminishes.

That's not an indictment on them, but a reminder of the super genetic freak that is Tyreek Hill.

We should be viewing Worthy like a DeSean Jackson or Jaylen Waddle. He's just not built like Tyreek. No one is, really.

Also, i do think there are some plays in there that really exhibit his "stupid" speed. That play against Wyoming where he took a 1 yard checkdown and housed it.....ooooof. He just broke those poor kids angles. Just blew some good angles wide open. I thought that was a great exhibit of his speed in action.
Desean Jackson is a legendary vertical threat. I don’t get how every small fast guy gets the comp.

I loved Adonai but I didn’t say he was Terrell Owens.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:40 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd still add another RB. Not a "bruising back" like some want, they need a guy that can separate and run away from people.

Is the RB from Tennessee good enough to take in the 2nd?
I love Isaac Guerendo of Louisville with our late 4th.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:41 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Good lord. Looks like Wasp and Corn Dog are on the menu for all games in any situation, now.
He's going to look like a completely different player now that his QB has an arm. You'll be amazed...
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:43 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oddly enough, it was a touchdown that really made me cock my head a bit. The play against Houston.

What could go better for him on that play? Completely free release, DB even seems to expect an inside release and gives Worthy the outside free of charge. Worthy's going against a fairly average college DB and has a full head of steam. He pulls out by a half a stride on him?

Took a perfect ball to get that score on a play where I really would've expected a burner to just leave the guy in his wake. But that isn't what I saw. He had a forgettable college CB right there as the ball was coming in and if it's not a dime, it's probably knocked away.

I dunno - maybe you're right and I'm being unreasonable about what a deep threat truly is. But that wasn't the kind of play that made me think "yeah, this guy should be setting records at the combine..."

He just looked like an ordinary deep threat there.
That's hilarious, cuz no lie, when i read your post, i was thinking that you were thinking of that very specific play vs Houston. When you said "beaten by half a stride" that Houston play came right to mind. Because i feel you on that one.

Matter of fact, when i was looking for the play vs Wyoming i came across that play against Houston again and even thought to myself, "Yeah, I bet this is what DJ was referring to when he said, 'half a stride'.

Too funny.

I hear you though, i assumed that was the play you were thinking of because i had similar thoughts. I took it a different way though...all of a sudden i wanted to know how fast that Houston DB is hahahaha.
[Reply]
luv 09:44 AM 04-26-2024
You know what I just realized while reading this thread? How refreshing it is to read "He wasn't who I would have picked, but I trust Veach." Just makes my day. Remember the days before Veach/Reid?
[Reply]
Rausch 09:45 AM 04-26-2024
Because we now have two guys who can score from outside the red zone. We have two burners who can house it on any given play...
[Reply]
Bowser 09:46 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
He's going to look like a completely different player now that his QB has an arm. You'll be amazed...
Who, Worthy or Hollywood?
[Reply]
ThrobProng 09:46 AM 04-26-2024
I was on the "he's too small" train, but Veach knows what he's doing. The kid looks like a difference maker.

Oh, and the Chiefs now have the fastest WR duo in the NFL.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:48 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by luv:
You know what I just realized while reading this thread? How refreshing it is to read "He wasn't who I would have picked, but I trust Veach." Just makes my day. Remember the days before Veach/Reid?
I dunno, still a lot of pussies in here. Probably still haunted by Moore.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 91
« First < 263233343536 373839404686 > Last »
Up