ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 258
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:03 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
Then Joel can pay for it!

Thats just to much for the talent you'd be getting
That's almost the same offer they gave him last season. It's probably fair market value for his level of play, no matter what the CP contract experts will say.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:14 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Chiefs were willing to do this last year. Don't think for a minute they're going to walk on OBJ if those numbers are accurate.
Which is why it’s still not out of the cards that he gets offers and decides to come back here.

Not that I think there’s a huge chance it’s happening but I’d probably put it at 25%.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:23 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Joel Corry former agent says Orlando Brown Jr should get a contract like this...

Contract package: $94 million/4 years ($23.5 million per year)

Overall guarantees: $62.5 million

Fully guaranteed at signing: $51.5 million
So effectively 3 years and probably $66 million or so.

If it's a 4 year deal you're not getting much immediate cap relief.

Nah - wouldn't give him that deal. Not enough runway long-term to build much value into it or provide near-term cap relief. A 4 year deal at that AAV doesn't really interest me at all.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:26 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Chiefs were willing to do this last year. Don't think for a minute they're going to walk on OBJ if those numbers are accurate.
There's a BIG difference between paying $95 million in the first 5 years and $94 million in the first 4.

Or a $23 million/yr AAV over 6 years (knowing full well the final one isn't gonna happen) vs. 4 with that much less pro-rated bonus.

The deal Corry is suggesting is a substantially worse deal than the one the Chiefs offered, IMO. Once you start playing with structures on a 6 year deal (like I did yesterday) vs similar concepts on a 4 year deal, the 4 year deal just provides very little upside for KC.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:13 PM 03-09-2023
Stafford is actually thinking about retiring, his arm is shot.
I don't know that his arm is shot, but his spine just might be. He had T fractures in 2019 and then a contusion this past year to go with a couple of concussions.

I don't even know how the Rams are going to eat this deal. I mean he just signed an extension last year. They have to trade or cut him by March 17th or his option and 2024 salary guarantee.

Even if they trade him with a June 1 designation, he's going to hit their cap hard in both years. His 2023 salary is already guaranteed plus 12m in prorated bonus this year. Next year, they have 36m in accelerated prorated bonus money to eat. Ugly.
[Reply]
PHOG 02:34 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I don't know that his arm is shot, but his spine just might be. He had T fractures in 2019 and then a contusion this past year to go with a couple of concussions.

I don't even know how the Rams are going to eat this deal. I mean he just signed an extension last year. They have to trade or cut him by March 17th or his option and 2024 salary guarantee.

Even if they trade him with a June 1 designation, he's going to hit their cap hard in both years. His 2023 salary is already guaranteed plus 12m in prorated bonus this year. Next year, they have 36m in accelerated prorated bonus money to eat. Ugly.

[Reply]
Megatron96 02:43 PM 03-09-2023
Stafford is actually thinking about retiring, his arm is shot.
Uh, no. His arm isn't shot. He's got a back/neck problem.
[Reply]
O.city 02:47 PM 03-09-2023
Stafford had elbow problems last year as well.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:49 PM 03-09-2023
The Rams sold their soul to win that Super Bowl and LA fans only mildly cared.
[Reply]
R Clark 02:54 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:

L
[Reply]
SAGA45 02:55 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Braxton Berrios cut by Jets.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...on-per-report/
Small but can route guys up. Special teams ace as well. 27 yrs old. One of those frustrating chain-mover types. Should be cheap too. I can see him in KC.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:58 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Uh, no. His arm isn't shot. He's got a back/neck problem.
Radicular neck pain from a blown cervical disc can indeed “cause an arm to be shot”. Look up a dermatome sometime.

And if he had T-spine fractures, those are no joke.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 03:01 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This guy is probably a more realistic acquisition as opposed to DHop for KC. If he can be had even for slightly more than what we gave JJSS last season, he's a better possession WR from the get-go. More explosive as well.
I wouldnt pay him what we payed JUJU. He was bad, rarely got seperation last year. Theres a reason JJ was record chasing.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:02 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Radicular neck pain can indeed “cause an arm to be shot”.

And if he had T-spine fractures, those are no joke.
No question. But he didn't throw his arm out. He threw several deep pin point passes early in the season. The neck thing is why he couldn't throw later. That maybe enough to prevent him from playing again, which amounts to the same thig, I get it. But if his neck/back stuff subsides to the point where he can play, his arm is more than good enough to play in the FL.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:04 PM 03-09-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I wouldnt pay him what we payed JUJU. He was bad, rarely got seperation last year. Theres a reason JJ was record chasing.
Look at their tapes. No way JJ is quicker than Theilen. And JuJu isn't going to be quicker than last season. He might get slower, depending on that knee.

I mean, if we're probably going to bring in some mid-tier WR2, and their measurables/stats are basically the same, Theilen costs less for the same role. And Theilen probably has better hands.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 258
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Up