ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 378
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-18-2022
Can't believe the regular season starts tonight. Just seemed like the Finals ended a couple weeks ago.

Philly vs Celtics: 6:30PM CST TNT

GSW vs Lakers: 9:00PM CST TNT
[Reply]
staylor26 03:51 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It's funny how Lebron Stans act like trolls (Barry) and simultaneously think they're making good arguments.

But "faulty logic", right?
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:52 PM 02-08-2023
Like I said this debate is tiring. I am not going to change your mind and you aren't changing mine so let's agree to disagree and move on. Go Chiefs.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:53 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
The Bulls and Warriors were great teams almost entirely built via the draft, as opposed to established stars agreeing to go to the same team at the same time. Huge difference.
It's certainly a lot easier drafting a top 50 player of all time to your team in Scottie Pippen instead of having to carry teams with Mo Williams and Larry Hughes as the #2 guys.

Also, it should probably be pointed out here that basketball HOFers Dennis Rodman and Toni Kukoc didn't come through the draft.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:55 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It's funny how Lebron Stans act like trolls (Barry) and simultaneously think they're making good arguments.

But "faulty logic", right?
Using MVPs as an argument when LeBron should have won about 10 of them is probably even more faulty logic than the rings stuff, I'd agree.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:55 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Like I said this debate is tiring. I am not going to change your mind and you aren't changing mine so let's agree to disagree and move on. Go Chiefs.
KCC can't accept this, because he knows that he's in the minority.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:56 PM 02-08-2023
KCC can't accept this, because he knows that he's in the minority.
I can accept it just fine that people here are using the same faulty rings logic to argue for MJ that they are ironically going to be forced to argue against in a few years with respect to Mahomes.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:56 PM 02-08-2023
Using MVPs as an argument when LeBron should have won about 10 of them is probably even more faulty logic than the rings stuff, I'd agree.
Ok so take those out:

Nine more scoring titles.
Two more rings
Two more Finals MVPs
One more DPOY award
3 more Steals titles
Four more NBA All-Defensive First Teams

Still a HOF career gap. Sorry. Jordan did more with less.

Quality >>> Quantity

Peak >>> Longevity
[Reply]
New World Order 03:59 PM 02-08-2023
Just take the L here KCC and enjoy his scoring achievement :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:00 PM 02-08-2023
Nine more scoring titles.
LeBron was a facilitator, never a scorer. He could have averaged 40+ a game easily if he shot as much as MJ did.

Originally Posted by :
Two more rings
Two more Finals MVPs
Faulty rings logic. Been over this.

Originally Posted by :
One more DPOY award
I love Marc Gasol for his career in Memphis and for winning a title for my Raptors, but LeBron should have won the 2013 DPOY over him.

Originally Posted by :
Four more NBA All-Defensive First Teams
Easier to make those teams as a guard than a forward.

Originally Posted by :
Quality >>> Quantity

Peak >>> Longevity
Even if MJ's peak was better than LeBron's (it wasn't), LeBron's body of work over his entire career destroys him.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:00 PM 02-08-2023
I can accept it just fine that people here are using the same faulty rings logic to argue for MJ that they are ironically going to be forced to argue against in a few years with respect to Mahomes.
Many of us have already said/agreed that it's not just about the rings.

It's about the context and the dominance. It's about the eye test.

But pretending the rings don't matter and are irrelevant is laughable.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 04:01 PM 02-08-2023
It's certainly a lot easier drafting a top 50 player of all time to your team in Scottie Pippen instead of having to carry teams with Mo Williams and Larry Hughes as the #2 guys.

Also, it should probably be pointed out here that basketball HOFers Dennis Rodman and Toni Kukoc didn't come through the draft.
MJ won three rings without Rodman, and Kukoc is in the HOF for what he did in Europe. Jordan made Pippen what he was.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:02 PM 02-08-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Just take the L here KCC and enjoy his scoring achievement :-)
Take the L over MJ fans desperately grasping at straws using rings logic and debatable peak levels to argue that LeBron's career wasn't better than MJ's? Nah.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:03 PM 02-08-2023
"Hey if we completely ignore Jordan's dominance and winning in a team sport Lebron's clearly #1"
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:05 PM 02-08-2023
Many of us have already said/agreed that it's not just about the rings.

It's about the context and the dominance. It's about the eye test.

But pretending the rings don't matter and are irrelevant is laughable.
The MJ argument over LeBron at this point is akin to saying that Patrick Mahomes is the GOAT in the NFL because his 5 year peak right now is the best of all time. I'm the biggest Mahomes' backer there is, but that's a silly argument. Longevity matters in the GOAT discussion. It matters a lot.

And LeBron's quality in combination with his ridiculous longevity is unmatched by anybody that has ever played the game. It's not even close.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:07 PM 02-08-2023
The MJ argument over LeBron at this point is akin to saying that Patrick Mahomes is the GOAT in the NFL because his 5 year peak right now is the best of all time. I'm the biggest Mahomes' backer there is, but that's a silly argument. Longevity matters in the GOAT discussion. It matters a lot.

And LeBron's quality in combination with his ridiculous longevity is unmatched by anybody that has ever played the game. It's not even close.
If Mahomes had more championships (among other things) than Brady in that time span, it wouldn't be a silly argument you fucking reerun.

Again, MJ did more with less.

Nice self own though.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 378
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Up