ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 43
« First < 263233343536 37383940 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Obligatory we have to get CEH off the field thread**
RunKC 02:30 PM 08-20-2022
I’ve seen enough. Dude is as meh as it gets. Pacheco needs to take his spot yesterday. Dude has bad vision and he’s slow.

I hope we scout the cuts list to find another RB to add to the group so we can cut him. Seriously the only reason this guy is still on the roster is because he was a first rd pick.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 02:31 PM 09-29-2022
It looks to me like CEH was supposed to go between Humphrey and Smith. He makes no attempt to seal the defender from getting down the LOS which is what you would expect if CEH is supposed to go behind him and to the right. Instead Humphrey immediately turns his hips and shoulders towards the sideline to drive the defender down the line. This opens up the space behind him and depending on how quick or effective Smith is with the next level block he can go straight up field trying avoid the defender or behind Smith up the right side of the field if his block is quick enough. But from the get go CEH went the wrong way which is probably what led to Mahomes pointing and upset.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:32 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
So he covered 2 more yards in the same number of steps as CEH?

Again, it's not about where the hole is. It's about recognizing when there is one and being able to get to it. By their 2nd step both players had a hole they could get to. One did it, the other didn't.

Mahomes wasn't pointing out the hole for no reason. He knew Clyde should have seen it and cut into it.
This isn't an either/or situation.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:33 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
It looks to me like CEH was supposed to go between Humphrey and Smith. Humphrey immediately turns his hips and shoulders to drive the defender down the line. He makes no attempt to seal the defender from getting down the LOS. This opens up the space behind him and depending on how quick or effective Smith is with the next level block he can go straight up field trying avoid the defender or behind Smith up the right side of the field if his block is quick enough.
Exactly.

Plenty of blame to go around.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:34 PM 09-29-2022
So he covered 2 more yards in the same number of steps as CEH?

Again, it's not about where the hole is. It's about recognizing when there is one and being able to get to it. By their 2nd step both players had a hole they could get to. One did it, the other didn't.

Mahomes wasn't pointing out the hole for no reason. He knew Clyde should have seen it and cut into it.
The "steps" are the problem.

CEH didn't NEED to take 2 steps. He should have taken one and cut. He didn't and ran right into a pile of bodies.

That's on CEH.

But the coaching staff should KNOW that CEH can't hit a hole like that. If he's in there, run a better play, or better yet, PUT IN SOMEBODY WHO CAN.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:42 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Again, can you guys please just fast forward this thing and get the rookie taking handoffs? My fantasy team would be much appreciative.
Don't draft rookies if they play for Andy Reid.

I tried to warn people off Skyy Moore...
[Reply]
-King- 03:01 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The "steps" are the problem.

CEH didn't NEED to take 2 steps. He should have taken one and cut. He didn't and ran right into a pile of bodies.

That's on CEH.

But the coaching staff should KNOW that CEH can't hit a hole like that. If he's in there, run a better play, or better yet, PUT IN SOMEBODY WHO CAN.
Yeah this all goes back to running plays without accounting to who we have or the defense we're playing. Been like that since early last season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:35 PM 09-29-2022
Yeah this all goes back to running plays without accounting to who we have or the defense we're playing. Been like that since early last season.
Exactly.
[Reply]
lcarus 04:40 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Don't draft rookies if they play for Andy Reid.

I tried to warn people off Skyy Moore...
Tyreek was pretty productive in his rookie season. 61 rec, 593 yards, 6 TDs. 24 carries, 267 yards, 3 TDs. Plus his 3 returns for TDs. Tyreek is a different beast of course.

Clyde also had a bit of production in his rookie season, and he had plenty of opportunities. Even Hardman had 7 TDs his rookie season. I think people who drafted Skyy Moore probably did so with their very last pick and were just hoping he'd have SOME kind of role on offense. I still believe he will but it's gonna take longer than most expected unfortunately.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:31 PM 09-29-2022
This must be an alien then. Just defying physics.

His 2nd step he's already started cutting in. He planted his foot and started going upfield. He didn't stop and start chopping his feet like CEH did.
Look, I get you don't actually understand play design, but just look at the blocking and where the RB is looking when he takes possession and then where and how he puts his foot down immediately afterward in both plays.

In the play with CEH it's obvious where the play is supposed to go. hell, pretend it's a different team or just pretend that's Hunt or Holmes or whoever running the ball, so you're not tempted to see the play with such anti-CEH bias.

The play is obviously designed to go outside; there's no question about that. That inside lane is a secondary option; he's obviously supposed to follow the guard and squirt out to the right. 90 gets too much penetration, but the angle is kind of funky and it's probably difficult to read that hole because he's so flat to it. CEH's problem is that it takes him one step too many to realize that 90 has gotten to the outside and that hole isn't going to work, and try for option 2, but by that time 44 is coming downhill to fill that hole, and he's coming unblocked because the guard is set up to block from the outside; he's got no leverage to the inside.

In the second clip, that play is just as obviously supposed to go inside; they were never running outside. Those two blockers were just window dressing to get the defenders on that side to flow away from the middle. The RB never even looks outside and from the first step he's going for that hole in the middle. In other words, the play was designed that way and he just ran it as designed.

In terms of how these plays were designed they're as similar as peas to aardvarks.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:55 PM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Tyreek was pretty productive in his rookie season. 61 rec, 593 yards, 6 TDs. 24 carries, 267 yards, 3 TDs. Plus his 3 returns for TDs. Tyreek is a different beast of course.

Clyde also had a bit of production in his rookie season, and he had plenty of opportunities. Even Hardman had 7 TDs his rookie season. I think people who drafted Skyy Moore probably did so with their very last pick and were just hoping he'd have SOME kind of role on offense. I still believe he will but it's gonna take longer than most expected unfortunately.
Okay, Andy is letting the special teams coach and the defense play rookies if they want. And you get the occasional gadget play by the rookie. Or a Kareem Hunt because the starter was lost for the season with an injury. Or a Tyreek whose playing time also benefitted from teammates injuries.

But winning at fantasy football is about stacking the odds in your favor and the odds say if you want to take a late round flyer on a rookie, choose one that doesn't play for Andy.

Or you could draft a rookie and hope he is both really good and also the veteran in front of him has a season ending injury.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:26 PM 10-02-2022
Bump

Fuck
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:27 PM 10-02-2022
Ya, that was bad
[Reply]
Indian Chief 07:27 PM 10-02-2022
One step forward, two steps back
[Reply]
carcosa 07:27 PM 10-02-2022
I mean, he's had a decent game otherwise
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:27 PM 10-02-2022
Fuck this piece of shit and his stupid fucking power ranger mask fucking done with him fuck him
[Reply]
Page 36 of 43
« First < 263233343536 37383940 > Last »
Up